Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
amrasenelya

Amras And Enelya's Home..

something that im considering..

should i do an uplift of about 15cm at the hob area? because my hob is facing the washing machine, im afraid the frying and splurting of oil will stain my washing machine easily.. if i do a short uplift, at least i minimize some of the damage?

dunno how much it'll cost though, cus contractor says it costs more to do the backing from bottom base up...

its something like what reiki did for his kitchen at the stove there..

KitchenWetArea.jpg

(ps: pic taken from reiki's tblog.)

why not just put a piece of clear acrylic board in between your hob and washing machine? safe and cheap :P

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
why not just put a piece of clear acrylic board in between your hob and washing machine? safe and cheap :P

hey ossify! :)

can count on u to gimme new ideas most of the time leh! thanks! :D

this acrylic board, any idea where to get and got any pics for illustration?

means i must cut the acrylic board to its exact length so that it can fit into a groove on the solid surface between hob and washing machine? the groove must ask the carpenter to prepare for me hor? the thickness also have to tell them beforehand...

think i read in ur tblog that u also getting some acrylic stuff for ur home too..

hey ossify! :)

can count on u to gimme new ideas most of the time leh! thanks! :D

this acrylic board, any idea where to get and got any pics for illustration?

means i must cut the acrylic board to its exact length so that it can fit into a groove on the solid surface between hob and washing machine? the groove must ask the carpenter to prepare for me hor? the thickness also have to tell them beforehand...

think i read in ur tblog that u also getting some acrylic stuff for ur home too..

all acrylic boards can be obtained from dama.com.sg

any thickness, any dimension, any colour

if you choose clear one, you can put decorative stickers behind, will look quite nice :P

if you want a short board, you can just glue it to the back of your solid surface, assuming your solid surface has a flat back profile. don't forget to add clear silicone between solid surface and the acrylic board.

don't need to tell the carpenter anything. groove is not a good idea because it can be annoying next time if you decide not to have the acrylic board anymore.

if you want a long board, you can let it flow all the way to the ground. eg. your hob is 90cm high, your acrylic board can be 120cm high if you want 30cm protrusion. you decide how high it should be. long board, don't really need to glue, imho, just put there and add silicone.

all my suggestions are DIY-able so you don't need to pay more. i will be having a lot of acrylic in my home, watch for it :P

all acrylic boards can be obtained from dama.com.sg

any thickness, any dimension, any colour

if you choose clear one, you can put decorative stickers behind, will look quite nice :P

if you want a short board, you can just glue it to the back of your solid surface, assuming your solid surface has a flat back profile. don't forget to add clear silicone between solid surface and the acrylic board.

don't need to tell the carpenter anything. groove is not a good idea because it can be annoying next time if you decide not to have the acrylic board anymore.

if you want a long board, you can let it flow all the way to the ground. eg. your hob is 90cm high, your acrylic board can be 120cm high if you want 30cm protrusion. you decide how high it should be. long board, don't really need to glue, imho, just put there and add silicone.

all my suggestions are DIY-able so you don't need to pay more. i will be having a lot of acrylic in my home, watch for it :P

ooh thanks ur suggestion sounds good! :D i was googling and saw can get acrylic board from art friend too but i assume dat will be more ex, but will definitely check out dama.com.sg ...

yea i noe u have alot of acrylic, but u start reno later leh.. so too late for me.. haha.. but den again, this uplift can be done at a later stage cus no hacking/drilling involved..

thankew! :P

ooh thanks ur suggestion sounds good! :D i was googling and saw can get acrylic board from art friend too but i assume dat will be more ex, but will definitely check out dama.com.sg ...

yea i noe u have alot of acrylic, but u start reno later leh.. so too late for me.. haha.. but den again, this uplift can be done at a later stage cus no hacking/drilling involved..

thankew! :P

welcome, and artfriend is definitely not the place to buy acrylic boards unless you only need a small piece or you're rich :P

and yes my acrylic work is near the end, probably end Jan. Dama is very far away so I intend to consolidate all my requirements before going down to make all my purchases in one go. Of course, email them my requirements and arrange for appointment to save time :P

Hey wakzool! :)

hehe thanks! i think ure one of the earlier ones i read who also had Impress21.. hows ur twin girls? :D

twinnies growing up fine..5 mths old already..very fast...cuter everyday..i've been re-arranging my furnitures to accomodate the twinnies once they start to crawl....haha

welcome, and artfriend is definitely not the place to buy acrylic boards unless you only need a small piece or you're rich :P

and yes my acrylic work is near the end, probably end Jan. Dama is very far away so I intend to consolidate all my requirements before going down to make all my purchases in one go. Of course, email them my requirements and arrange for appointment to save time :P

hey ossify,

u also intending to use the acrylic board near ur hob area? cus i read the info on the webby u gave, although it says good thermal insulation, im also wondering if it can withstand the heat from the hob and the pots and wok...? :unsure:

and also read somewhere that 150 deg celcius and above... but... 150deg like not very high also.... :unsure:

Hi amrasenelya,

Wow, everything seems to be coming along nicely. By the time of our first appointment, I think your place should be done. :D

hehe thankew! and uve gotten some very pretty buys too! envious.. :P btw, we also waited about 4.5 months from the day we signed the otp... maybe u can negotiate with ur seller to handover to u earlier? :)

twinnies growing up fine..5 mths old already..very fast...cuter everyday..i've been re-arranging my furnitures to accomodate the twinnies once they start to crawl....haha

hehe, enjoy fatherhood... and yah, gotta child proof your place ya! ;)

Anyway, check ur tv points to see whether they hv wired them properly. Some of mine were not done properly, but managed to rectify it immediately once Henry was made known of the issue.

Anyway, check ur tv points to see whether they hv wired them properly. Some of mine were not done properly, but managed to rectify it immediately once Henry was made known of the issue.

glad to hear that it was rectified asap! but we have engaged our own electrician for the wiring.. but thanks for the tip anyway! :D

Dropping by to say hi!

Your place is SPACIOUS! Loads of space.. *envious*

Hope all the reno progress will be smooth smooth.. Good luck!!

Can't wait to more progress.. :)

hey ossify,

u also intending to use the acrylic board near ur hob area? cus i read the info on the webby u gave, although it says good thermal insulation, im also wondering if it can withstand the heat from the hob and the pots and wok...? :unsure:

and also read somewhere that 150 deg celcius and above... but... 150deg like not very high also.... :unsure:

nooooo acrylic board not for hob area.... hob area is tempered glass only

nooooo acrylic board not for hob area.... hob area is tempered glass only

no ah? but i wanted to do an uplift becus i wanna minimize the splashing of oil from the hob to the washer leh... but liddat if cannot tahan heat.... means cannot?

anyways.. hubby emailed the dama peeps and they suggested polycarbonate cus its more heat resistant... :dunno:

Hi,

Your progress of reno seem to be very good too...

Dama is a good place to get those plastic/PVC stuff...people there super friendly and helpful...I brought some materials PU board from them to seal up my balcony windows as I am using this small balcony as storeroom.

You ask me .which brand of laminate I used...oh yes it is EDL...I have a copy of the catelogue but dunno where I put it liao... :P

Your kitchen cabinets very nice too... :good:

Agree with u GR Link service is good...they label there stuff well when delivery the items...

In fact in the end, I think I brought more things from them then PJ...

keep more photos coming in...