Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
CJREDDEVIL

My Bishan Memoirs

Hi to All,

After much reading on fellow forumers interesting & informative blogs, it inspires me to share my own too. :paint:

I have been living in Bishan area for more than 17 years and come this mid-Dec'09, I will be shifting again... :jawdrop: ....but still within the same Bishan vacinity from street 24 to street 23, not to mention from an EM to another EM ! ( sounds crazy... :dunno: ... huh ?)

Nevertheless, one of the reason for selling was becos of a good offer for my current EM and of course we had also found another EM-corner unit which me and my wifey likes alot. :dribble: ......it's the feelings that matters us!

For a start, here's the floor plan of both "CURRENT" & "NEW" EM:

[ CURRENT floor-plan ]

oldEMfloor-plan.jpg

[NEW floor-plan]

newEMfloor-plan.jpg

The differences are:

Current :

- 149sqm

- total make-over reno (100% hacking) :good:

- above 20 level..."penthhouse" feelings :notti:

New :

154sqm

- with balcony & recess entrance-area :dribble:

- top floor but ..no "penthouse" feeling.. :rolleyes:

- minimum reno required (but still in considering how to make-newer) :unsure:

Will post more pics again.

Any comments are most welcome !

Cheers! :yamseng:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
welcome to RT dude! :P

Thanks for the welcome Rocdy!

Have read most/some of your blogs/potings(if not all), very interesting.. :good: .., hope I am able to join in the fun... :seeya: ....

Cheers!

welcome to RT!

there's always room to improve the existing feeling without the need to hack :D

Wao, ur current EM layout is different from most, with the MBR on 1st flr. Hehe, I like ur future EM, cuz it's at corner and will be able to get a larger recess area! Congrates on a good sell and purchase. :D

welcome to RT!

there's always room to improve the existing feeling without the need to hack :D

Thanks for the welcome and yes i agree with you that feelings can be improved & created without the hacking!....there's a saying...what the hack !!! hhahaaaa

Cheers!

Wao, ur current EM layout is different from most, with the MBR on 1st flr. Hehe, I like ur future EM, cuz it's at corner and will be able to get a larger recess area! Congrates on a good sell and purchase. :D

Hi Angel,

Thanks for the compliments.

This was the original layout which the MBR is on 1st level, but I have converted the upper-level 2 rooms into 1 big MBR with walk-in wardrobe and a study room, so the lower-level rooms becomes my child's BR.

Children are "banned" from going up-stairs without permission cuz it's Dady & mummy's heaven! :notti:

Our luv at 1st site on my future EM was in fact the recess entrance area, gives lots of privacy keeping out those "kay-poh peeping-toms"!

I will be posting some pics to share.... ;)

Cheers!

:yamseng:

Edited by CJREDDEVIL

Hi again,

Here's the pics of my current EM, (Before & After Reno)

- it a pity that I dun have the pics during the reno/hacking/drillings....

[stairCase Area] - BEFORE

cluster28607043.jpg

[stairCase Area] - AFTER Reno

DinningHall_StairsTo2ndLevel.jpg

[Kitchen Area] - BEFORE

cluster28606922.jpg

cluster28606918.jpg

[Kitchen Area] - AFTER Reno

KitchenArea.jpg

Cheers!

wow ........ nice !

Thks super,

....uhmmmm..... :( ...but it's sold..... :deal: .....handing over the keys on mid-Dec'09....and looking forward to my next corner-EM soon........getting the keys on 1stDec'09.....will post the pics soon...

Cheers! :yamseng:

Hi Angle,

Thanks for the compliments.

This was the original layout which the MBR is on 1st level, but I have converted the upper-level 2 rooms into 1 big MBR with walk-in wardrobe and a study room, so the lower-level rooms becomes my child's BR.

Children are "banned" from going up-stairs without permission cuz it's Dady & mummy's heaven! :notti:

Our luv at 1st site on my future EM was in fact the recess entrance area, gives lots of privacy keeping out those "kay-poh peeping-toms"!

I will be posting some pics to share.... ;)

Cheers!

Wao, very cool idea. A pity it's sold liao. But u've got another EM that's just as, if not more, lovely. :)

Yah, I wanted to find corner unit for the recess entrance and to keep out peeping toms too. But just not my luck. hehehe, could only find corridor unit at the area I want. :P

Looking fwd to ur pics! :D

Glad to see you have a t-blog now. I saw your old EM on the iproperty.com website a few months ago. The asking price was quite high so you must be happy with the transaction. Congrats!

I'm in the same neighborhood, on the other side of Bishan on Sin Ming Avenue.

near the temple Kong meng sua!?

My brother stay nearby there,currently having lift upgrading lor.

Hopefully we get the 75% vote. Mine's a walk-up. Definitely be good to have a lift.

wow!!!really nice lei,especially the staircase without railing!!!of course not good with old people or young children staying lor.

How much u sell this flat ah?!i was told by a valuator that renovation is not consider when he is doing valuation lei...

:(

Hi Rondy,

Yup, main attraction of my reno was on the stairs, I thinked it will be crampy with the railings, morever, it's just a few steps up before the landing point,so not so scary then.

Its correct that it will be a challenge for elderly/children to climb upstairs, but anyway, I have banned my kids from going up by themsleves without our knownlegde/permission.....uhmmm.....by the way... upstairs are Daddy & Munny's heaven.... :dribble: ..... !!!!

Yes, valuation is base on current resale market at that area of the same size/tpye and the surrounding amenities, reno condition has only a very very small % consideration, most important of all, it depends on the mood of the valuator who value your unit, if he is in good mood, high chance that he will give at the highest guided value, if not...then good luck !.....I managed to sell above $700k+, valuation was $600k+... COV for my reno .....consider a very good offer for me ...... :good: .......even though my reno damage was abt $100k......., why not grab it while it's hot. :dancingqueen: ..!

Cheers!

Edited by CJREDDEVIL

Glad to see you have a t-blog now. I saw your old EM on the iproperty.com website a few months ago. The asking price was quite high so you must be happy with the transaction. Congrats!

I'm in the same neighborhood, on the other side of Bishan on Sin Ming Avenue.

Hi Ripples,

Thanks, actually you are 1 of the forumers whom inspired me to start my t-blog... after eading your blog.

uhmmm......yes, it was on the high side, I wouldn't sell it if there are no good offers.....the reno was just 2 years old and it's totally move-in!

As I hv mention to Rondy..........grab it since it's hot...now looking forward to my next EM-Corner.......still not decided whether hv a full-make over like my current.... :dunno: ....uhmmm.......maybe not...... :rolleyes: .......lets see how lor...

Cheers!