Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
nolit

5-room Hdb

recently I discovered that there is always a very bad stench smell coming from either the guest toilet or the master room toilet. the smell is quite persistent and especially bad at night. any idea? or it is a problem in punggol or even block 65X or 64X? could it be from the toilet piping?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
recently I discovered that there is always a very bad stench smell coming from either the guest toilet or the master room toilet. the smell is quite persistent and especially bad at night. any idea? or it is a problem in punggol or even block 65X or 64X? could it be from the toilet piping?

hi, i read from another post in this forum that the contractor did not seal the WC with silicon causing the bad smell... could this be the case?

dont say its a problem in punggol leh...i will also get worried...tmr must go smell my toilet....

hmm...i realise that your floor plan is almost a mirror image of mine.... you are in the 65x /64x area?

hi garion,

you mean the silicon sealing at the base of the wc? it's sealed...

lordvader,

yes at 65x =)

after some systematic investigation, current focus is on the water drainage in the toilets (the one that you let water flow into, in bath and wc side)

because the stench intensified especially when I bathed or there is water flowing into the drainage... I intend to put bleach/hotwater... will report back with findings...

hi garion,

lordvader,

yes at 65x =)

after some systematic investigation, current focus is on the water drainage in the toilets (the one that you let water flow into, in bath and wc side)

because the stench intensified especially when I bathed or there is water flowing into the drainage... I intend to put bleach/hotwater... will report back with findings...

mine so far ok, no smell... but if u say u only smell it recently, and uve moved in for abt a month+ right? so maybe comin from upstairs? :x

hi garion,

lordvader,

yes at 65x =)

hi, managed to find the blog :)

perhaps you can take some reference from the blog owner >>> http://renovation-greencoal.blogspot.com/s...20toilet%20bowl

i think i know from where... seems like from the drainage holes in toilets... whenever there is water going in... the smell gets stronger...

now i also dunno if my contractor plumber apply silicone seal to the toilet wc or not...

Edited by nolit

i think i know from where... seems like from the drainage holes in toilets... whenever there is water going in... the smell gets stronger...

now i also dunno if my contractor plumber apply silicone seal to the toilet wc or not...

get the ball type float valve like this (i can't find the exact pic but DIY shops sell it)

BACKFLOW_DEVICE.jpg

when there's water, ball floats up and lets the water through, when water goes through, ball drops and seals the hole.

this is useful to prevent odours, insects from coming through.

there are other non-ball versions i saw at poh joo too

thanks for the info... will try to get those stuff...

meanwhile the foul smell is like dead rat smell (my wife smell before in her office)... instead of **** smell...