Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
annjoy

♥ My Mcnair Rd 4-rm ♥

You're the one for bold designs man! :)

The curtain maker just asked me to take bold prints for the curtains lor. Got the type that is plain or with very subtle designs on it and there are those that have very bold patterns. He say the bold one very nice and asked me if I dare or not! LOL

Btw, have you done your curtains yet? I havent decided on who to do my curtains!

I will only have curtain for my living hall. The rooms will be wooden blind. I did mine with Golden Leaf. Wanted certain stuffs on the curtain but they cannot do. To conclude, my curtain will look like those cinema curtain, choosen color is red, micro suede, double-sided.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hee thanks but I just now wondering how thick is the width of the plank between each cabinet..... my ID cannot answer that...

I will check mine and let u know. At least u will have an idea.

I will only have curtain for my living hall. The rooms will be wooden blind. I did mine with Golden Leaf. Wanted certain stuffs on the curtain but they cannot do. To conclude, my curtain will look like those cinema curtain, choosen color is red, micro suede, double-sided.

That's only fitting. :P Suits your theme to a T.

Golden Leaf ah... why them? price good?

Thanks for helping me measure your plank!

That's only fitting. :P Suits your theme to a T.

Golden Leaf ah... why them? price good?

Thanks for helping me measure your plank!

ID recommended curtain maker. Actually we been to a few to recce previously. More or the less the same. To reduce hassle, we went with ID's choice. At least he can coordinate with the curtain maker when to come and install it.

Just sharing some quotes here for sliding glass door for my kitchen.

Besglas

1) Frameless Top Hung - $780

2) Framed Top Hung - $498

3) Framed Top and Bottom Hung - $648

(all before GST)

PangGiap

1) Frameless Top Hung - NA

2) Framed Top Hung - $600 (wood coloured aluminium frame)

3) Framed Top Hung - $680 (white coated aluminium frame)

4) Framed Top and Bottom Hung - NA

(all before GST)

*Sigh why so ex??? and how come the framed top hung from Besglas is so much cheaper? ?.?

Edited by annjoy

Besglas

(all before GST)

PangGiap

(all before GST)

*Sigh why so ex??? and how come the framed top hung from Besglas is so much cheaper? ?.?

wow looks like a bargain, ask them for sample pic :D hope they don't show you bi fold door :D

Besglas

(all before GST)

PangGiap

(all before GST)

maybe u can check whether any difference in the materials used.

my personal experience is that besglas quote low before site measurement, but charge higher after site measurement. this doesn't make sense because you already paid deposit based on the low quote but have to pay higher after site measurement since deposit is secured. so to me, it seems like they're baiting with low quote and after you pay deposit, they charge higher due to whatever reasons. i was quoted $x for doing my kitchen door, after site measurement, it became $(x+180). i made noise and they dropped down to $(x+120).

sun sun glass email quoted me low but after site measurement quoted me high, but price is negotiable after site measurement as deposit not paid yet. deposit is only paid after site measurement upon confirmation. hence you can still bargain the price down before you pay deposit. for me, i was quoted $y via email for doing my shower area but after site measurement i was quoted $(y+200). after bargain, became $(y+50) then agreed and paid deposit.

sun sun glass quoted me lower than besglas for shower area, and besglas quoted me lower than sun sun glass for kitchen so i just ask sun sun glass to do my shower area and besglas to do my kitchen.

both sun sun glass and besglas did site measurement at the same time but sun sun glass installed 9 days after, besglas wants me to wait till after CNY.

Edited by ossify

Hee thanks but I just now wondering how thick is the width of the plank between each cabinet..... my ID cannot answer that...

Annjoy,

Mine is abt 1.5cm. No update from you for quite some time. :)

Annjoy,

Mine is abt 1.5cm. No update from you for quite some time. :)

I measured my office pantry's one and it's 1.6

Thanks for helping me measure! :)

well, been just bumping ard at the new place and feeling poor. :P

Guys guys, need some advice.

I paid a tiny deposit of $200 upon confirmation with ID

Then I paid 50% upon hacking work begun

Now the thing is, the carpenter will only come after CNY to measure and start work on my MBR wardrobe and kitchen cabinets.

I always thought that the payment terms is:

10% upon confirmation of ID

40% upon hacking

40% upon carpenter coming to measure

10% upon ALL rectifications made

But now my ID is asking for the 40% when the carpenter will only come after CNY!

I definitely won't pay all 40% for SURE. I would be a complete idiot if I do so. But should I pay another 10% at this juncture?

Here's the outstanding work:

- painting of kitchen, main door, touch up on door frames, touch up in MBR wall, touch up in toilet ceilings and pipe

- a whole bunch of rectifications (which, hopefully, the remaining 10% will help ensure)

- the kitchen cabinets

- the mbr wardrobe

- plumber needs to come and fix up a few more toilet fixtures and change water pipes

- kitchen sliding door + some hacking of a little wall that juts out (it was built this way initially cos of the initial plan to have casement door) + half glass panel in kitchen

My biggest worry is, what if they put me on lowest priority and take their own sweet time after CNY? and why not since I have already paid quite a fair bit of money!

*sigh*

Edited by annjoy

I would look at it from the point of view of what has been completed.

You have paid 50%. What has been done? Are the things done worth the 50%?

If so, maybe you can give him 10% or so before CNY.

You can put it in a red packet provided he gives you 2 oranges :D

hi, think you should only pay the next 40% when the carpentry is up. Doing so before it is done would be a huge risk as things do go wrong with carpentry...

oh...tell me abt it man.....things can and do go wrong...