Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
SGBuzz

New Hive

hi SGbuzz,

jus checking with you, you mention fengshui not gd rite if the main door can see the kitchen? as the id tat i met propose to hack away the wall between the kitchen and the study room and also the wall for the kitchen to the balcony so from the main door will be able to see all the way to kitchen...my layout is the opposite of yours, the current owner actually already shift the door from facing the staircase to face the study room instead so now headache :(

you are removing the roof of yours and i am buliding a roof heeee :P

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
hi SGbuzz,

jus checking with you, you mention fengshui not gd rite if the main door can see the kitchen? as the id tat i met propose to hack away the wall between the kitchen and the study room and also the wall for the kitchen to the balcony so from the main door will be able to see all the way to kitchen...my layout is the opposite of yours, the current owner actually already shift the door from facing the staircase to face the study room instead so now headache :(

hi Lily

check these out:

http://www.fengshuiplaza.com/Feng-Shui-Tips/

http://www.wofs.com/index.php?option=com_s...31485.msg164073

hope it helps.

regards

hi SGbuzz,

We DIY FS, my wife read that being able to see the kitchen from main door is no good. :unsure: Maybe some fellows with more 道行 can advise :P

If the kitchen door has already been shifted then you hack all the kitchen walls till the balcony you will only have bottom tier cabinets right? Will that be enough for you?

Also along that wall there's a sewage pipe that drops down from the ceiling. If you box up that pipe (which i think most would), it would look weird standing by itself.

Ah the roof... If it was in better shape might have considered keeping up but the previous NBZ owner only cover 3/4 of the area (dunno for what?) And my wife wants to be able to sit in the balcony drink wine and looks at 星星 :rolleyes: So it has to go :)

Update:

Legate the local distributor for invisible grille came and took measurements and quoted me $1222 for 3 location. Balcony, Living and Mater bedroom. So divide out about $400 per window which is higher than Alu grille but not that bad. This is the view that my best view together with invisible grille will be showing off.

will the grill be sturdy and secured? how do they charge, by metre/feet?

will the grill be sturdy and secured? how do they charge, by metre/feet?

This is what they quoted me

101.8Sq.ft Install & Supply of Invisible Grilles S$1,222.00

Included Mounting & Accessories

- 316 Stainless Steel Wire Rod c/w Nanophase Materials

- HORIZONTAL direction

- AREAS: BALCONY (4” gap)

- : HALL (2” gap)

- : MASTER ROOM (2” gap)

It definitely won't be as sturdy as Alu grilles. They will tension the wires on the spot. Guess you can strum them :P

My feel is that it won't prevent someone that is determine to get into your house, that's why my corridor windows have the normal Alu grilles. So it will be just for safety purposes. If you want the wires to be even sturdier they will run a perpendicular wire to strengthen.

This is what they quoted me

101.8Sq.ft Install & Supply of Invisible Grilles S$1,222.00

Included Mounting & Accessories

- 316 Stainless Steel Wire Rod c/w Nanophase Materials

- HORIZONTAL direction

- AREAS: BALCONY (4” gap)

- : HALL (2” gap)

- : MASTER ROOM (2” gap)

It definitely won't be as sturdy as Alu grilles. They will tension the wires on the spot. Guess you can strum them :P

My feel is that it won't prevent someone that is determine to get into your house, that's why my corridor windows have the normal Alu grilles. So it will be just for safety purposes. If you want the wires to be even sturdier they will run a perpendicular wire to strengthen.

tks for sharing. i am more concerned abt the safety aspects rather than the security issues as all my windows are all facing outside, unless it is spiderman, dun think it is so easy to enter through my windows.... :D

eh my advice to you guys is install invisible grilles only when you're staying high floor and of cos have spectacular views cos it's purpose is to prevent kids from danger and not prevent thieves from breaking in.

I'm the one who cant install as my EM is on the 2nd floor only :(

Bro SGBuzz glad that you like it, think the price quite ok leh, in fact I'm surprised not many ppl aware of the product think they din do a good job promoting it hahahaha :P

We DIY FS, my wife read that being able to see the kitchen from main door is no good. :unsure: Maybe some fellows with more 道行 can advise :P

If the kitchen door has already been shifted then you hack all the kitchen walls till the balcony you will only have bottom tier cabinets right? Will that be enough for you?

Also along that wall there's a sewage pipe that drops down from the ceiling. If you box up that pipe (which i think most would), it would look weird standing by itself.

Ah the roof... If it was in better shape might have considered keeping up but the previous NBZ owner only cover 3/4 of the area (dunno for what?) And my wife wants to be able to sit in the balcony drink wine and looks at 星星 :rolleyes: So it has to go :)

Thanks for the info! I will read thru it :). My id actually propose to hack the wall but build another wall between the living and the balcony up to cover up the balcony so the whole kitchen is shift in so where the pipe is will be where the kitchen cabinet starts.. well we are still thinkin..

kind of real headache lay..sigh.. :(

eh my advice to you guys is install invisible grilles only when you're staying high floor and of cos have spectacular views cos it's purpose is to prevent kids from danger and not prevent thieves from breaking in.

I'm the one who cant install as my EM is on the 2nd floor only :(

Bro SGBuzz glad that you like it, think the price quite ok leh, in fact I'm surprised not many ppl aware of the product think they din do a good job promoting it hahahaha :P

i am living at 20+ storeys, so am more concerned whether it is strong enough to prevent kids from falling out.

i am living at 20+ storeys, so am more concerned whether it is strong enough to prevent kids from falling out.

Hahaha simple can always ask SGBuzz bro to let you check it out when his is installed or pop by the company in bishan to take a look :D

Hahaha simple can always ask SGBuzz bro to let you check it out when his is installed or pop by the company in bishan to take a look :D

ya, guess i will pop by the company to check it out. tks dude.

Thanks for the info! I will read thru it :). My id actually propose to hack the wall but build another wall between the living and the balcony up to cover up the balcony so the whole kitchen is shift in so where the pipe is will be where the kitchen cabinet starts.. well we are still thinkin..

kind of real headache lay..sigh.. :(

shift the wall in so that it will:

(i) make the balcony bigger?

(ii) help to hide the pipe more easily?

sounds good enough.

but need to look at the drawings . . .

and the quotation . . .

i also have headaches with THAT PIPE!!! :bangwall:

the interval between 2 lines are either 2 or 4 inches.

and each line can stretch another 1 inch.

meaning the biggest gap would be 4+1+1 = 6 inches.

might be a little tight for a small head.

but better be safe . . 20th storey for joseeng's place . .. better consider 2in if want.