Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tanwk

Mirror Facing Tv

Hi

Is it advisable to have mirror on one wall and TV on the opposite side i.e. facing each other?

Any advice appreciated. TIA!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

hI!

From FS perspective, it is ok as it is the TV that will activate the 向星.

By having a mirrior opposite, it will not create anything bad itself.

But having a mirror that will reflect the tv, will the reflection cause some discomfort to ur viewing pleasures?

rdgs,

Ara

Hi,

Thanks for your advice.

Glad to know that this is not something taboo in FS.

So far have not noticed any reflection so no problem with viewing. Anyway, this tv which is in the living room is hardly ever used as we prefer to watch tv in our bedroom.

Once again, thanks!

hI!

From FS perspective, it is ok as it is the TV that will activate the 向星.

By having a mirrior opposite, it will not create anything bad itself.

But having a mirror that will reflect the tv, will the reflection cause some discomfort to ur viewing pleasures?

rdgs,

Ara

Hi!

Glad i could be of some help.

Just to share some more on TV related FEng Shui tips.

As TV is considered Yang, and Yang is associated with movement. Movement refer to the changes and movement of the magnetic field.(气)

By watching TV in ur bedroom, which is a room we want to achieve stillness/tranquality of magnetic Field (气), will causes unwanted movement of 气.

As much as possible, try to limit activity in ur resting area.

Maybe u can try watching TV in ur living room for a week, and see whether u can achieve A better good night rest..

Rdgs,

Ara

Hi Ara,

Learned something new again today! Thanks for further insights on this matter.

Thanks so much for your sharing. Appreciate it!

Rgds,

tanwk

Hi!

Glad i could be of some help.

Just to share some more on TV related FEng Shui tips.

As TV is considered Yang, and Yang is associated with movement. Movement refer to the changes and movement of the magnetic field.(气)

By watching TV in ur bedroom, which is a room we want to achieve stillness/tranquality of magnetic Field (气), will causes unwanted movement of 气.

As much as possible, try to limit activity in ur resting area.

Maybe u can try watching TV in ur living room for a week, and see whether u can achieve A better good night rest..

Rdgs,

Ara

Hi

Is it advisable to have mirror on one wall and TV on the opposite side i.e. facing each other?

Any advice appreciated. TIA!

Hi

I have many friends where they have TV and mirrors in living rooms reflecting each other. No problem at all. As in bed room, already written somewhere, out out of 1000 homes, 80-90 percent especially young couples already have TV/ computers/Hi-fi/ laptops inside their bedrooms. Bedrooms can place all these if only they are placed correctly.

Hi IVy,

From the classical text, it mention the bedroom would have to be in a 静 status.

The reason being that we do not want to disrupt the 气 as much as we can help it.

Perhaps the classical teaching could not be apply to modern day living, but if we were to believe in feng shui, surely we would need to take into consideration of the classical text.

Rdgs,

Ara

ps : Really glad that someone is as enthusiatic about feng shui as me, at a age close to mine! That is, assuming u are 1981 as what ur nick is. Cheers. Really learnt alot from u in the few posting.

Hi Ivy,

Thanks for your post. With Ara and you confirming that mirror opp tv is ok, I am feeling much relieved as I really do not look forward to shifting the mirror which is very heavy.

Rgds,

tanwk

Hi IVy,

From the classical text, it mention the bedroom would have to be in a 静 status.

The reason being that we do not want to disrupt the 气 as much as we can help it.

Perhaps the classical teaching could not be apply to modern day living, but if we were to believe in feng shui, surely we would need to take into consideration of the classical text.

Rdgs,

Ara

ps : Really glad that someone is as enthusiatic about feng shui as me, at a age close to mine! That is, assuming u are 1981 as what ur nick is. Cheers. Really learnt alot from u in the few posting.

Hi Ara

Just my 1/2 cent worth....not every chinese text written can also call classic text.....yes bedroom is usually quiet but to what extend? 阴不是阴, 阳不是阳,孤阴不生,独阳不长,过阳则散,过阴(静)则死

Hi Ivy,

Thanks for your post. With Ara and you confirming that mirror opp tv is ok, I am feeling much relieved as I really do not look forward to shifting the mirror which is very heavy.

Rgds,

tanwk

hi

You are very welcome!!