Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
thirdrockdweller

Project Home

Ooo... looks like we are all going to DIY our dining table! If my door tabletop doesn't work out I'll be going down to Ikea to do the same thing...

yea no choice! very hard to find nice dining tables in the market that don't cost a bomb.

great info there! thanks much

but don't you guys think that 62cm width is a tad too narrow for a dining table?

eyeing the STENSTORP kitchen island as a dining table. But not sure if the stainless steel plate that covers one side of the legs is removable.

62cm is a little narrower than we'd like but because IKEA worktops are sized that way, we can't really do much about it short of going to a wood shop to buy a larger table top..

You're most welcome. Remember to share pics. ;)

sure thing..look forward to seeing yours as well..! :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
great info there! thanks much

but don't you guys think that 62cm width is a tad too narrow for a dining table?

Maybe what can be done is to use 1 countertop (62cm) as a base, then place 2 countertops on top of it (the 2 countertops meeting at the centre with overhang from the base and cutting it to desired width)... like this

worktop.jpg

That would add some significant cost and weight to the design isn't it? I haven't really gotten down to check the prices but if 180x75 wood from suppliers is comparable then can use the legs from ikea. That would solve the problem.

We're Home!!!

Apologies for the lack of updates but recent weeks have been a hectic mix of work and more work. I had literally no time to document the reno. Anyway, we've moved into our new home although there is still a couple of loose ends to tie up renovation wise.

Here are some pics for the time being;

Kitchen

IMG_0167.jpg

View of kitchen from dining area

IMG_0166.jpg

IMG_0165.jpg

Keen observers may notice that we're missing a hob... :(

hey earthboy (nice nick, i wonder how many caught on) thats a fine house you got there! the whole wood theme is pretty much in tune with what we have in mind too..keeping my finger's crossed that mine can turn out as classy ;)

i love the spice rack, its simple yet so aesthetically pleasing especially the vibrant colors on the lower rack!

edit: removed quoted images

Edited by titanax

welcome back 3rdrock! the house turned out really nicely! love so many things about your kitchen...the sink, the oh-so-american washer & dryer..the dishwasher which is so cute laminated!

the dining table came out fair-er than i thought it would though. any plans to stain it? it looks a bit too "white" for the surroundings, if u get what i mean. well, as long as you're happy with it!

Hi thirdrock, welcome back. love your pics. what's up with the hob? why not installed yet? would the ID need to remove the solid top and reseal again after putting in hob?

Nice dining table!!

Am i seeing 2 pieces of solid wood for the top? Did you source for the wood or any of the materials on your own?

If you can add the dimensions of the wood that would be best

Haha... lots of questions hope you don't mind.

Kitchen... (Continued)

IMG_0170.jpg

The grayed-out area is where the missing hob is... :curse:

IMG_0171.jpg

IMG_0168.jpg

IMG_0169.jpg

Our oversized farm-house sink.

Very nice and organised..luv it, especially the spice racks. Are those from IKEA?