Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
enrisa

Redhill-ians - File In!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

henderson crescent is close enough :)

I'm moving to redhill this weekend - excited and stressed at the same time. btw can you guys share any good food places/convenience shops around redhill? haha sorry i'm very new to this area.

I guess Bukit Merah View can be considered Redhillian ba. Been at there since young but move away after my marriage and soon will move back there again!!!

Makan place:

1) 125 Bukit Merah Lane - fish meat mee hoon (very nice, must try), they sell zi cha also.

2) 127 Bukit Merah lane - very famous soon kuey (must try also)

3) ABC brickworks mkt - the seafood zi cha comes with sweet potato porriage + fish meat mee hoon + Sotong mee

4) Bukit mearh central food centre - Cha Kua Tiao (my fav) + Rojak

5) 116 Bukit mearh view - Teow Chew porriage + curry chicken rice yummy :P

6) Redhill mkt - cai tao kueh + yong tau foo

7) nevertheless the famous tiong bahru mkt with so many gd food stall

still got alot more...just able to think of these atm.

I'm moving to redhill this weekend - excited and stressed at the same time. btw can you guys share any good food places/convenience shops around redhill? haha sorry i'm very new to this area.

U move to where?near Redhill MRT?

Cool! We're new to the area too. Will have to take time to discover the little nooks and crannies, I suppose.

Are you all packed and ready to move? Hope it goes smoothly.

yeah i'm staying near the MRT. Think this weekend will be really hectic with all the cleaning, unpacking and all. hopefully it'll be smooth and i wont tear my hear out ... haha

Is there a supermarket nearby other than the redhill market. apparently there's a 24hr sensiong market or something like that?

yeah i'm staying near the MRT. Think this weekend will be really hectic with all the cleaning, unpacking and all. hopefully it'll be smooth and i wont tear my hear out ... haha

Is there a supermarket nearby other than the redhill market. apparently there's a 24hr sensiong market or something like that?

There's a small Shop & Save near the market. There's an NTUC at Tiong Bahru Plaza. There's another NTUC at one of the blocks at Beo Crescent. And there's a Cold Storage at Valley Point. And if you walk through Redhill Close and cross Jalan Bukit Merah, there's a large NTUC near the Bukit Merah market.

hi all

i moved in just a week before christmas and its been a hectic past 2 weeks but we're finally settling in comfortably. I'm starting to like this place. I discovered a few good food places as well (Food court opposite my place has awesome claypot chicken rice - which is so so rare and hard to find in singapore), at redhill market etc.

the shop & save is a bit dissapointing - it's too small for me .. haha maybe because I'm too used to the Fairprice where i used to live in Tiong Bahru and AMK :P

On my way one day in the cab, the cab driver brought me thru another way using Jalan Bukit Merah. I passed by a Bukit Merah Town Centre - saw a few nice shops there so maybe I'll scout around there one day. Looks like I do have a lot more exploring to do :P

right now i have a big headache because there is water leaking thru my MB toilet and onto my floor laminates and nobody can detect/find out where the source of the leak is. Plumber say its aircon, we ripped off one of the walls and found no pipes there so aircon say its now back to the plumber ... bahh! :(

hi all

i moved in just a week before christmas and its been a hectic past 2 weeks but we're finally settling in comfortably. I'm starting to like this place. I discovered a few good food places as well (Food court opposite my place has awesome claypot chicken rice - which is so so rare and hard to find in singapore), at redhill market etc.

Hi Enrisa, that's about the same time my wife and I moved in as well. It's been two weeks and we're at the tail end of unpacking.

the shop & save is a bit dissapointing - it's too small for me .. haha maybe because I'm too used to the Fairprice where i used to live in Tiong Bahru and AMK :P

On my way one day in the cab, the cab driver brought me thru another way using Jalan Bukit Merah. I passed by a Bukit Merah Town Centre - saw a few nice shops there so maybe I'll scout around there one day. Looks like I do have a lot more exploring to do :P

Yes, that shop & save is tiny. In our two weeks here, we've been doing our grocery shopping at the NTUC at Tiong Bahru Plaza and the Cold Storage at Anchor Point (a short bus ride away - on 33 or 64)... and once at Carrefour at Plaza Sing. We happened to be at Tiong Bahru Plaza when we noticed that there's a free shuttle bus to Plaza Sing. :)

right now i have a big headache because there is water leaking thru my MB toilet and onto my floor laminates and nobody can detect/find out where the source of the leak is. Plumber say its aircon, we ripped off one of the walls and found no pipes there so aircon say its now back to the plumber ... bahh! :(

Sorry to hear about this. I hope they're able to figure out the problem asap and get it sorted.

hi macbart: haha, unpacking is a real pain!! i can't believe we had so many things from the storage. i unpacked everything in that weekend we moved as i couldn't stand the sight of boxes lying all over. the only thing which is still lying around is my books as i haven't found a bookshelf/casing for it :P

Yeahhh! I shop a lot at NTUC TB and Carrefour at Plaza Singapura too! haha. I haven't been to anchorpoint, will probably check it out this weekend.

have you visited the redhill market. before we moved in, whenever i told my local friends that we bought a flat here, they wld give me this horror look and later ask me why I buy Redhill when it had a 'shady' past - apparently it was an area with a lot of paikias and gangsters ... haha, not that i'm worried but i think I saw a number of full-bodied tattoo-ed men at the market :P

hi macbart: haha, unpacking is a real pain!! i can't believe we had so many things from the storage. i unpacked everything in that weekend we moved as i couldn't stand the sight of boxes lying all over. the only thing which is still lying around is my books as i haven't found a bookshelf/casing for it :P

Yeahhh! I shop a lot at NTUC TB and Carrefour at Plaza Singapura too! haha. I haven't been to anchorpoint, will probably check it out this weekend.

I'm amazed you were able to unpack everything in one weekend! Especially with the cleaning and packing that probably took place just before you moved. We found it to be an extremely tiring period.

have you visited the redhill market. before we moved in, whenever i told my local friends that we bought a flat here, they wld give me this horror look and later ask me why I buy Redhill when it had a 'shady' past - apparently it was an area with a lot of paikias and gangsters ... haha, not that i'm worried but i think I saw a number of full-bodied tattoo-ed men at the market :P

Yes, I have visited it. I feel a bit out of place there, to be frank. :unsure: