Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
edhannite

Dawson New Bto

Just creating this topic to talk about the new dawson units.

Personally im more intrigued by the design of the loft units at SkyTerrace@Dawson.

Perhaps the layout is common in landed properties and overseas apartments but its definitely eye candy

for the first time in years from HDB.

Price wise for the special loft units range from 426k to 664k.

The rest are pretty much above market standards (e.g. 373k - 504k for so call premium 4-rm units.)

Estimated completion is around 2016. Estimating some delays here and there, it should be pretty

similar to Duxton maybe faster.

(Table extracted from HDB site for this latest bto for Dawson)

Flat Type__Typical Selling__Applicants’ Median__Eligible AHG__Monthly Instalment__Instalment to

__________Price_________Household Income______________for 30-year Loan____Income Ratio

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3-Room___$320,000______$4,700____________$5,000______$1,153____________25%

4-Room___$440,000______$6,000____________$0__________$1,585____________26%

5-Room___$585,000______$6,500____________$0__________$2,108____________32%

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looking at the median income, looks as if hdb is telling the average singaporeans to hands off. lol.

To qualify for a dawson 3-room flat, both husband and wife must averagely hold at least around $2,350 each.

Edited by edhannite

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I staying at Tanglin Halt. Only good thing for me is that this will push up the value of our home.

But for 1st time buyer, si beh expensive. A colleague of mine looking at it today, he also scratching his head how to afford.

To qualify for a dawson 3-room flat, both husband and wife must averagely hold at least around $2,350 each.

I maybe wrong but I thought combine household income to apply for new 3-rm flat not to exceed $3000?

I staying at Tanglin Halt. Only good thing for me is that this will push up the value of our home.

But for 1st time buyer, si beh expensive. A colleague of mine looking at it today, he also scratching his head how to afford.

lol agreed. more than 5 years ago, duxton's pricing of 200k to 300k plus was consider **** expensive in those days.

Maybe your colleague can think of how to grow his income in the coming 5 to 6 years. keke.

Frankly speaking, our salaries very hard to scale to the price growth of hdb flats in singapore.

I maybe wrong but I thought combine household income to apply for new 3-rm flat not to exceed $3000?

Quoting from hdb website:

Income Ceiling

Buying a 3-room (in Mature towns/estates), 4-room or bigger flat

Your gross monthly household income must not be more than $8,000.

If you are buying a flat with your extended family, your gross monthly household income must not be more than $12,000.

Buying a 3-room (in Non-Mature towns/estates)

Your gross monthly household income must not be more than $3,000.

Buying a 2-room

Your gross monthly household income must not be more than $2,000.

I guess queenstown is a mature town/estate.

woohh

i see the loft units and i m very interested. but i know it is going to be difficult to get balloted.

well, i wonder am i able to bid since it will be ready in 2016 and i will get my resale next year, which means by then i get dawson, i m able to shift out of my resale n fulfil the 5yrs minimum.

but as i read, the loft unit are under the multi-generation. does anyone know whether can i buy as married couple instead?

Berry,

It's better that u call up HDB to check on it. Btw will u be counted as first-timer? 95% of the BTO units are reserved for 1st-timers.

Edited by forgotten

Berry,

It's better that u call up HDB to check on it. Btw will u be counted as first-timer? 95% of the BTO units are reserved for 1st-timers.

I have no idea since I am going for a resale. Anyway the loft units really look good.

even 95% are for 1st timer, i got balloted out for the Oct balance flats.

I just think that the prices for Dawson are really on the high side for normal ppl with normal pay.

update: LOL, i want to donate my $10 but the system for payment is not working.

Edited by berry_surprise

Berry,

btw, when u say 1st-timers, am i still considered 1st-timers despite I bidded for Oct balance flat but I did not even get a good #.

btw, when u say 1st-timers, am i still considered 1st-timers despite I bidded for Oct balance flat but I did not even get a good #.

So long as u fail (meaning you didnt gave up your chance to select a flat) in previous ballot, you are still a first timer.

Thought you mentioned you have a resale underway? If that is the case and you have utilized hdb grant for your resale application,

then you may not be considered as a first timer. Its being a while since i got my resale flat so i'm not too this first timer thingy.

Check your status with hdb.

is it possible to apply for a BTO and in the meanwhile buy a resale home till the BTO unit is ready in 4 yrs time ?

Results of this BTO is FEB.. if the Results are good... then SIGN up for it..

then in march,get a resale unit... but i guess have to go thru bank ?

anyone knows for bank loan,any requirements ?

Edited by nesh

is it possible to apply for a BTO and in the meanwhile buy a resale home till the BTO unit is ready in 4 yrs time ?

Results of this BTO is FEB.. if the Results are good... then SIGN up for it..

then in march,get a resale unit... but i guess have to go thru bank ?

anyone knows for bank loan,any requirements ?

BTO projects complete within 4 years. If you are buying resales unit early next year and get a good queue number for Dawson BTO, then you have to take up bank loan and forsake 30K HDB grant for resales.

Bank loan means you have to fork out cash for 5% of valuation + COV in cash. Bank is only willing to loan up to 80% of the valuation. The 5% cash downpayment is the reason why most of us will prefer a HDB loan to a bank loan.

Eg. Unit is bought at valuation 300K & COV 20K.

If u take bank loan, you need to pay 35K in cash (15K + 20K).

Edited by forgotten

only 1 word: OVERPRICE!!!

with that amt, might as well buy a smaller condo at the sub-urban area. SG very big meh? do u REALLY need to be sooooooooooooo centralise?

who's e big winner end of the day? number of applicants X $10 = ??? wooooo hoooooo (100% margin! this kind of business where cannot do right?)

anyway good luck to all those who apply. hope u get ur chance to select :D

BTO projects complete within 4 years. If you are buying resales unit early next year and get a good queue number for Dawson BTO, then you have to take up bank loan and forsake 30K HDB grant for resales.

Bank loan means you have to fork out cash for 5% of valuation + COV in cash. Bank is only willing to loan up to 80% of the valuation. The 5% cash downpayment is the reason why most of us will prefer a HDB loan to a bank loan.

Eg. Unit is bought at valuation 300K & COV 20K.

If u take bank loan, you need to pay 35K in cash (15K + 20K).

UOB is giving 90% of the valuation.

the rest can't be used by cpf ?