Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
edhannite

Dawson New Bto

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
UOB is giving 90% of the valuation.

the rest can't be used by cpf ?

If one gets 90% loan, 5% is paid with cash and the rest (5%) is paid with cpf.

Other banks also claimed to offer 90% loan but it actually depends on case by case assessment. They will look at your income, credit rating etc..

The cash component (5% downpayment + COV + agent commission + renovation cost) is the real headache part.

Edited by forgotten

is it possible to apply for a BTO and in the meanwhile buy a resale home till the BTO unit is ready in 4 yrs time ?

Results of this BTO is FEB.. if the Results are good... then SIGN up for it..

then in march,get a resale unit... but i guess have to go thru bank ?

anyone knows for bank loan,any requirements ?

You cannot apply for a BTO and buy a resale flat. If you have a house now, HDB policy requires you to fulfill the Minimun Occupation period before you are allow to apply for a new flat. And if you have applied for a BTO you are in the process of buying a home and thus your application to buy a resale flat will not be allowed.

Good day :)

only 1 word: OVERPRICE!!!

with that amt, might as well buy a smaller condo at the sub-urban area. SG very big meh? do u REALLY need to be sooooooooooooo centralise?

who's e big winner end of the day? number of applicants X $10 = ??? wooooo hoooooo (100% margin! this kind of business where cannot do right?)

anyway good luck to all those who apply. hope u get ur chance to select :D

It depends on individual preference.

Yeah, I will also rather use the 600K buy a small 2nd-hand condo at suburb instead. If we already have a car, it isn't a big issue to travel to cbd area from suburb.

Edited by forgotten

If one gets 90% loan, 5% is paid with cash and the rest (5%) is paid with cpf.

Other banks also claimed to offer 90% loan but it actually depends on case by case assessment. They will look at your income, credit rating etc..

The cash component (5% downpayment + COV + agent commission + renovation cost) is the real headache part.

Many banks offer 90% loan. Interest rate higher only.

Standard credit checks will apply.

You cannot apply for a BTO and buy a resale flat. If you have a house now, HDB policy requires you to fulfill the Minimun Occupation period before you are allow to apply for a new flat. And if you have applied for a BTO you are in the process of buying a home and thus your application to buy a resale flat will not be allowed.

Good day :)

One can apply for a BTO. once approved and selected, look for resale flat ad take up bank loan.

Generally, resale flat must be sold before the BTO flat is ready.

Quite a few people have done that.

One can apply for a BTO. once approved and selected, look for resale flat ad take up bank loan.

Agreed with ***. As long as you have not possess the key of the BTO flat, you can buy a resale.

But you must sell the resale flat before you can get the keys for the BTO when its ready.

Hey dun Sabo, pple check this out... extracted from HDB website

Ownership / Interest in Property

You, your spouse, any occupiers listed in the Application Form or their spouses must not own or dispose any other flat, house, building or land* or have an estate or interest at any time within 30 months before the date of application, or between the date of the application and the date of taking possession of the new flat.

* includes but is not limited to HUDC flats (whether privatized or not), properties acquired by gift, properties inherited as beneficiaries under a will or as a result of the Intestate Succession Act, private properties, commercial properties and industrial properties, as well as properties owned / acquired / disposed through nominees regardless of whether any of these properties are located in Singapore or overseas.

HDB policy does not allow want to apply for a flat until you have finished your MOP let alone selling it... and at any one point of time you can only apply for one project. In other words, if you have apply for the sales of balance flat, u must cancel it before you can apply for BTO.

So Just Mortgage dun just any how whack... you make ppl waste their time and money...

HDB policy does not allow want to apply for a flat until you have finished your MOP let alone selling it... and at any one point of time you can only apply for one project. In other words, if you have apply for the sales of balance flat, u must cancel it before you can apply for BTO.

So Just Mortgage dun just any how whack... you make ppl waste their time and money...

All involved people should check with HDB. We have assisted clients who had bought a BTO property but waiting for the property to TOP meanwhile they go ahead to buy a Resale HDB to stay in the interim and take a bank loan.

The client(s) had checked with HDB who gave them the ok. Please read what I mentioned and what you are saying. Maybe you should get your information correct.

In other words, if you have apply for the sales of balance flat, u must cancel it before you can apply for BTO.

anyone can apply for as many bto as one wishes to as long as you have not go down to hdb to select a flat; ie if i applied for sales of balance of flat, i can still apply for boonlay meadows whilst waiting for the results of sales of balance of flat to come out. i can still apply for any other bto as long as i have not select any flat from HDB - i had called up HDB to check on this. HDB said that once you select a flat under any exercise, their system will cancel all other bto applications.

Edited by jeda

well, i wonder am i able to bid since it will be ready in 2016 and i will get my resale next year, which means by then i get dawson, i m able to shift out of my resale n fulfil the 5yrs minimum.

but as i read, the loft unit are under the multi-generation. does anyone know whether can i buy as married couple instead?

berry_surprise,

if you are getting dawson based on first timer privileged and buying your resale under bank loan without grant (ie if it is allowed, cos i am not sure), the MOP for your resale is not 5 yrs.

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10203p.nsf/WP...od?OpenDocument

Price wise for the special loft units range from 426k to 664k.

The rest are pretty much above market standards (e.g. 373k - 504k for so call premium 4-rm units.)

Estimated completion is around 2016. Estimating some delays here and there, it should be pretty

similar to Duxton maybe faster.

Location aside, as dawson will only complete in 2016, can we forsee that 7yrs later, our regular hdb prices will raise by that much plus a bit extra since bto generally is supposed to be cheaper?

Location aside, as dawson will only complete in 2016, can we forsee that 7yrs later, our regular hdb prices will raise by that much plus a bit extra since bto generally is supposed to be cheaper?

i think the focus should not be so much on how positive is the uptrend of hdb prices.

rather, it should be on affordability.

imo, hdb is pushing the limits.. to see how much people are willing to stretch their wallets for the flats.

(e.g. why do a "premium" flat and charge a higher price to justify the "fittings" that are included? - and the poor couple pay a 30-year loan for the fittings that r incorporated into the flat's price?

i'd rather pay a 5-year reno loan on those "fittings".)

or is there some larger purpose here? like draining out the max. from our cpf ? :unsure: