Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
baitfish

Newbies Need Help

Hi everyone, came across this great forum from browsing for cheap tools. I just move to my new house this month, trying to diy things at home because money not enough. But looking at my nick you shall know that i am just a fisherman who know nothing about renovation work. But now knowing that this website is so helpful as well as the forumer, i will try to diy things myself. If i ask too much question and your are ignore, please forgive me also if my english is bad.

Here is my question :

1. How to clear those dirty silicon and those white silicon from the sink and bathroom totally clean.

2. How to put in those new one new one with the gun like those pro, i try it three times but the outcome is very bad. The side is over flow and it stick to my finger. Is it that the pro use some kind of tools to do it? Some of the gaps are big and some are small so it is difficult for me as my finger s big.

Anyone can help me on this?

Thanks in advance.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

use scraper to scape it off, brush it or sand it clean before applying the new coat.

for a neat work, use masking tape on both side of the grout, use a pc of laminate to remove excess silicon.

For the use of the silicon holder, read the information on the packing if any.

There is a '7' hook, rotate & pull it up.

Once open, u hv to finish the silicon, it turn hard within a short period.