Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Jinnous

Can We Remove Bathroom And Kitchen Accessories When We Sold Our Flat?

We sold our flat at not our asking price. Cuz we tot they are quite nice to let us stay additional 1 month so that we can reno our new flat. Previously, when we discussed during the deposit time, the buyers said they were gonna do toilet reno, so I asked if they doing reno then I will remove the accessories to install in my new flat. And they said ok. But it was not written down black and white. I tot at the moment that we can probably discuss more like they can give us a token so that we can leave the things for them, like curtains and such. If not, we will buy a new set of bathroom accessories and give it to them. Everything do nice nice for them. But their agent "represented" them on the 2nd appt (my buyers didn't come down) said anything that we want them to pay they dun want one. We tried to arrange to meet up but the agent refused.

Then came the inspection and the agent blew up. Seriously, things wouldnt be so bad if the agent had not shouted at us. Already had very bad impression at the 1st appt cuz he shouted at my agent at the HDB Hub when she told him that our master toilet ceiling got 1 stain which we already reported to HDB. Look, if we wanna play punk, we could have just painted the ceiling over and none would be the wiser. What really irked me was that I asked him at the point of signing, to ask him to clarify what he meant when he said "buyers will not accept if the stain not rectified". He grovelled in front of the officer leh! Wah liao eh....said what...if the sellers dun wanna pay, nvm, he'll pay for it! Which initially I told the buyers that we will pay for the repairs if required. Just let us know. Argh!

Seriously, given some thought, the agents r the catalyst in house transaction situation.

these unethical and dishonest ones shld be sanctioned!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I dun think there is any system that will sanctioned off those unethical agents lor. I tot all these are give and take. Like my seller, he asked he wanna take back the oven and ceiling fan. And the fact that we paid at his asking price cuz we like the unit...but seriously, it's not worth the price. The amount of reno to be done was enormous! The broken marble flooring cracked even! (We didn't see cuz it was covered by the beds) It's sianz but we maintain a cordial relationship with them. They wanna take back, we are ok. No problem. My colleague said she also checked with the buyer if she can take back the bedframe and mattress eventhough she wrote down on black and white that she gave them. Give and take.

Everything is talked at face value nia with our buyers. Everything ok at the point of discussion. But once signed, who has the loudest voice win. Accessories and fixtures are gray areas. Just wanna highlight this. Pls do write into any black and white about this. Cannot believe 100% in agents. I always hear about agents who got "pattern" one but never realized I will kena one also.

Fixtures and in-built stuff are included in the valuation report, so they cannot be removed by seller. If seller removes them, the buyer has the right to reject the house at 2nd HDB appt after their inspection and it can render the valuation report invalid.

Really? Which part of the S&P agreement refers to the valuation report? Which part of the S&P agreement says the buyer has the right to reject the house if there is a discrepancy with the valuation report? From a practical perspective, most valuation reports do not provide a complete itemised list of fittings anyway, and just have a few vague photographs. Will it provide enough evidence for you to back your claims of missing fittings?

From a practical perspective, the buyer doesn't usually see the house after the offer, and the papers are signed and keys are handed over at the 2nd appt. Which means the sale has been concluded. How can you reject something you've already legally bought over?

Of course, if there is a substantial difference between what you agreed to buy and what you got, you could try to void the contract on grounds of misrepresentation. But if one tap is missing, do you think you could void the contract? At best you could try to sue for redress, and you'd have to ask if it's worth the effort.

Edited by waileong

1.Valuation report do not mention fittings.

2.In the agreeement, quite difficult to state everything. Usually just state fixed fixtures to remain. ( Fixed meaning those that required tooling to move it ) can be a small tool like screw drive.

3. Buyer may take picture on the pretence that the pictures are meant for his contractor to make quote.

Finally, back to the actual practical world. Seller can still damage those fixtures deliberately.

You can't dispute that as seller do not need to make good anything.

Buy " As It Is " meaning, all these were damage when you view. :(

Ya.... thing is my resale flat also got full of problems! Who shd I talk to in this case? We accept at face value too. And it's not just missing fittings. My main door actually dropped from the hinges.....resulting the door scratching the floor everytime we open the door! And its marble floor! Full of scratches! And we can't close the door properly, cuz it's already not aligned! In this case, who can we complain to?

The marble floor cracked even, from 1 wall to another wall, hidden by the beds when we viewed. But honestly speaking, we have already signed the contract. So we moved on and try to make do lor. Somemore a lot of things happened during the reno. Like we almost got our money "eaten up" by the contractor. Haiz....long long story.... We now live in our new flat, without any carpentry works done. All cuz the contractor cocked up.

It is NOT neccessary a GOOD thing even if that contractor is a friend. They will eat you all the more....

2.In the agreeement, quite difficult to state everything. Usually just state fixed fixtures to remain. ( Fixed meaning those that required tooling to move it ) can be a small tool like screw drive.

3. Buyer may take picture on the pretence that the pictures are meant for his contractor to make quote.

Finally, back to the actual practical world. Seller can still damage those fixtures deliberately.

2. my agent wrote 'non-movable fittings' in the OTP schedule.

buyer is at a losing end. but i believe what comes around goes around. if the damage is intentional and whatever rogue behaviour exhibited by seller (or buyer) will return in other kinds next time.

2. my agent wrote 'non-movable fittings' in the OTP schedule.

buyer is at a losing end. but i believe what comes around goes around. if the damage is intentional and whatever rogue behaviour exhibited by seller (or buyer) will return in other kinds next time.

You only get back at them when they have important documents send to your hse.

But... I didn't get back lah... I just can't live with it.

The seller ask for 1 day extension. Meaning after completion, we get the keys, but officially

I get to go there the next dayevening . So, I agree lor, no big deal lah.

But, on the actual day, he told me to reimburse him with $40 for the cooking gas tank deposit.

I thought, wah, this seller don't give and take leh. I gave him 1 day stay free !

So, I just replied, I don;t need the tank :(

True. Sellers can damage the fixtures purposely to get back at buyers. :(

Your seller earned at least 100K from the house sales liao, yet he still chased u for the $40 :bleah: I'm sure they got used the gas tank thsemseves lor.

Edited by forgotten

Hi I am new here. And in the process of selling my flat, so plan to get some information here...

Read about fixtures, nowadays many plasma TV are mounted on the wall. Do it means that TV also have to be included & I cannot remove them & shift to my new home?

Hi I am new here. And in the process of selling my flat, so plan to get some information here...

Read about fixtures, nowadays many plasma TV are mounted on the wall. Do it means that TV also have to be included & I cannot remove them & shift to my new home?

since you are just starting, when signing the OTP, just ensure that both parties have a clear understanding that fittings and fixtures refer to non-movable stuff like aircon, sanitary appliances, fittings and fixtures, grilles and which ever stuff that both of you agree to be included. which does not include your plasma.

since you are just starting, when signing the OTP, just ensure that both parties have a clear understanding that fittings and fixtures refer to non-movable stuff like aircon, sanitary appliances, fittings and fixtures, grilles and which ever stuff that both of you agree to be included. which does not include your plasma.

TV mount are held to the wall by wall plug,

You need tools to remove the TV mount.

TV are just hook to the TV mount.

Meaning you don't need tool to remove them.

You unhook TV just like you unhook curtain.

'non-movable fittings' do not include thing like, TV, curtains .... anything that can be move without any " tools or equipment. " are movable fittings