Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Jinnous

Can We Remove Bathroom And Kitchen Accessories When We Sold Our Flat?

Hi,

just want a view here.

We have sold our flat and wanted to know if we can remove our bathroom and kitchen accessories and shelves (in the living room) since we will install them at our new place. There was no black and white on paper that we will leave all these for our buyers. Reason for asking was our buyers' gangster agent, yesterday had a shouting match with us that we removed the accessories when we were not "supposed" to remove it.

Why we removed was all the accessories were fom Song-Cho. And that time during the 2nd appt, only the buyers' agent was there to represent them. When we tried to get the agent to schedule an appt with the buyers so we can talk about our furnishings (we wanted to discuss like give us a token for the accessories and furnishings) but kena shot down by the agent saying anything that they need to pay they dun want it.

Now they came to inspect and the agent put on a gangster front and tried to intimidate us.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

As far as I understand about fixtures, it's usually termed out and defined in the valuation report. You'll probably have to get your agent or someone to explain whether the valuation report encompasses those bathroom accessories.

From what I've gone through, my agent has confirmed that those fixtures i.e. carpentry, shelves etc aren't supposed to be removed.

Cheers!

Hihi,

thanks for the reply. From what I understand, it seems that we can't. But what if there is sentimental value for the fixtures. I know it might sound like weird but I do like my fixtures and accessories so that's why I would wanna bring along to my new hse. Thing is, this gangster agent said we can't remove anything, all those that will leave a hole in the wall. Then what about my wall puzzles? I have to remove rite but there will be holes? Or if I have an antique mirror? That was why we wanted to sit down and discuss with our buyers but the agent just rebuffed us saying anything that we want them to pay they dun wan one. A bit like wat lor....like intimidating us.

Hihi,

thanks for the reply. From what I understand, it seems that we can't. But what if there is sentimental value for the fixtures. I know it might sound like weird but I do like my fixtures and accessories so that's why I would wanna bring along to my new hse. Thing is, this gangster agent said we can't remove anything, all those that will leave a hole in the wall. Then what about my wall puzzles? I have to remove rite but there will be holes? Or if I have an antique mirror? That was why we wanted to sit down and discuss with our buyers but the agent just rebuffed us saying anything that we want them to pay they dun wan one. A bit like wat lor....like intimidating us.

U already know the answer, u can't remove it it is part of the deal. There is no free lunch, be it sentimental or what as long as it is not stated down on paper you can't take it with u.

But u can always let you buyer or buyer agent know u r willing to compensate them. $$ speaks louder.

you cannot remove the bathroom accessories and fixed accessories unless you told the buyer before they purchase the flat.

guess what? how about removing the aircon blower and compressor and window grilles and reinstall at your place? remove the shower head, rail, tap, mirror etc etc?

jigsaw puzzles is decorative de. pls be reasonable.

i was worried and asked my agent if we should list all the aircon units, shelves, mirrors, heater in the OTP and he said it is considered as fixtures and come with the house. the seller agreed too. we of course took pictures.

but dont dispair yet. tell the agent to relate to the seller that if they intend to do an overhaul, to allow you to take away those stuff (that you want) for them. :)

Edited by jeda

ya, sellers cannot remove fixtures when they sell the flat unless there's prior arrangements with the buyers that u intend to remove specific items and they are agreeable to it. Eg, fans, lights, certain shelvings that buyers do not intend to keep as buyers intend to purchase new ones. Sellers can make the request but it'll depend on whether buyer is ok with it. For puzzle, its a frame picture right so its ok to remove as its not a fixture.

go for a win win situation and if really wish to keep for memory sake then work out some kind of compensation with the buyers.

Edited by born_again

anything that are consider fixture CANNOT be remove.

bathroom and kitchen accessories and shelves

Those item you had mention is consider fixture

U can ask the buyer, they need those items or not. Can you remove it?

Edited by therat

Hi,

just want a view here.

We have sold our flat and wanted to know if we can remove our bathroom and kitchen accessories and shelves (in the living room) since we will install them at our new place. There was no black and white on paper that we will leave all these for our buyers. Reason for asking was our buyers' gangster agent, yesterday had a shouting match with us that we removed the accessories when we were not "supposed" to remove it.

Why we removed was all the accessories were fom Song-Cho. And that time during the 2nd appt, only the buyers' agent was there to represent them. When we tried to get the agent to schedule an appt with the buyers so we can talk about our furnishings (we wanted to discuss like give us a token for the accessories and furnishings) but kena shot down by the agent saying anything that they need to pay they dun want it.

Now they came to inspect and the agent put on a gangster front and tried to intimidate us.

Intimidate the guy back. Someone shout at me, I'm going to shout back at the person. So what?

Generally, houses are sold on an as-is, where-is basis, ie anything that's movable can and should be removed, anything immovable should not be removed.

So you should remove all your furniture, you should not remove your floor tiles, etc.

Fixtures are a gray area. Technically you could remove your taps, doorknobs without damaging the property, but one could argue whether they are in fact "movable" property.

Some sellers are ok because they are going to change their own fixtures anyway, while others are not because they expect the house to have such fittings.

If you didn't make it clear at the point of sale, you should not remove after the sale without consulting the buyer.

Fixtures and in-built stuff are included in the valuation report, so they cannot be removed by seller. If seller removes them, the buyer has the right to reject the house at 2nd HDB appt after their inspection and it can render the valuation report invalid.

Edited by forgotten

Fixtures are a gray area. Technically you could remove your taps, doorknobs without damaging the property, but one could argue whether they are in fact "movable" property.

taps and doorknobs are movable? :rolleyes: might as well said toilet flush also remove cos it is movable and remove the aircon controllers too. oh...windows and doors also movable what.

sellers should put themselves in buyers' shoes. buyers like me had already factor in the existence of these fixtures when we consider the selling price.

jinnous, do you have an agent? if yes, your agent should be the one liaising with the buyer's agent. if for sentimental reasons and that it is your oversight in not highlighting them before OTP is executed, you may perhaps want to offer a token to the buyer to get back these stuff if it really matters to you. JMO.

Edited by jeda

you cannot remove the bathroom accessories and fixed accessories unless you told the buyer before they purchase the flat.

guess what? how about removing the aircon blower and compressor and window grilles and reinstall at your place? remove the shower head, rail, tap, mirror etc etc?

jigsaw puzzles is decorative de. pls be reasonable.

i was worried and asked my agent if we should list all the aircon units, shelves, mirrors, heater in the OTP and he said it is considered as fixtures and come with the house. the seller agreed too. we of course took pictures.

but dont dispair yet. tell the agent to relate to the seller that if they intend to do an overhaul, to allow you to take away those stuff (that you want) for them. :)

Hope my seller is not removing the sinks, toilet bowls, stove, window grilles, gate etc, and leaving many holes for me to mend :jawdrop: I will get BIG headache, as I do not intend to do any renovation lor.

All of us buy a house according to the condition that we see at the viewing. Same as u, I had checked with my agent on the fixtures before I exercised OTP. She said seller is not supposed to remove any fixtures in the house.

Edited by forgotten

Hope my seller is not removing the sinks, toilet bowls, stove, window grilles, gate etc, and leaving many holes for me to mend :jawdrop: I do not intend to do any renovation lor.

All of us buy a house according to the condition that we see at the viewing.

forgotten,

guess what, after reading this thread, i quickly go dig out my valuation report to read through again. cross my fingers and hope that i get my move-in condition flat - i don't have budget for renovation already.

forgotten,

guess what, after reading this thread, i quickly go dig out my valuation report to read through again. cross my fingers and hope that i get my move-in condition flat - i don't have budget for renovation already.

Same same. I also do not have any budget for renov. All my cash goes to the bank (5% downpayment) and COV. I do not want to take up any renovation loan.

No worry. The fixtures and built-in are stated in the valuation reports.

It will be funny if I see my seller dragging the toilet bowl out of the house, perspiring, chanting that it has sentimental value to him cos he sits on it for 5 years lol.

Edited by forgotten

Same same. I also do not have any budget for renov. All my cash goes to the bank (5% downpayment) and COV. I do not want to take up any renovation loan.

No worry. The fixtures and built-in are stated in the valuation reports.

It will be funny if I see my seller dragging the toilet bowl out of the house, perspiring, chanting that it has sentimental value to him cos he sits on it for 5 years lol.

what a cheapo seller!

We sold our flat at not our asking price. Cuz we tot they are quite nice to let us stay additional 1 month so that we can reno our new flat. Previously, when we discussed during the deposit time, the buyers said they were gonna do toilet reno, so I asked if they doing reno then I will remove the accessories to install in my new flat. And they said ok. But it was not written down black and white. I tot at the moment that we can probably discuss more like they can give us a token so that we can leave the things for them, like curtains and such. If not, we will buy a new set of bathroom accessories and give it to them. Everything do nice nice for them. But their agent "represented" them on the 2nd appt (my buyers didn't come down) said anything that we want them to pay they dun want one. We tried to arrange to meet up but the agent refused.

Then came the inspection and the agent blew up. Seriously, things wouldnt be so bad if the agent had not shouted at us. Already had very bad impression at the 1st appt cuz he shouted at my agent at the HDB Hub when she told him that our master toilet ceiling got 1 stain which we already reported to HDB. Look, if we wanna play punk, we could have just painted the ceiling over and none would be the wiser. What really irked me was that I asked him at the point of signing, to ask him to clarify what he meant when he said "buyers will not accept if the stain not rectified". He grovelled in front of the officer leh! Wah liao eh....said what...if the sellers dun wanna pay, nvm, he'll pay for it! Which initially I told the buyers that we will pay for the repairs if required. Just let us know. Argh!

Edited by Jinnous