Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
vermyapre

Electrical work cost??

wow....But i heard Sebastian is not doing HDB anymore?

Guess a week or 2 i might trigger a few electricians for quotes :rolleyes:

The last meeting he did tell me he is currently doing commercial projects n not doing residential projects anymore.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hmm... Everyone seems to be a victim of JAE except me... Sebastian completed my house's wiring Swee Swee... I have problem with the SCV, SMS him and he came to settle the problem. Requested him to pull the wiring for my CCTV and he did it FOC. Requested him to help me put up the camera door bell at the door, he did it FOC. Relocated my Open Net TP Swee Swee. Gave me very good recommendations on positions of lights.

Like what my wife said, "We should give him credits and don't believe what others said coz he did an excellent job for us. Maybe our bazi match while otgers' bazi cheong with him." Haha

While you have heard so many people suffering because of Sebastian poor work ethics & time mgt skill, you are continuing to promote him indirectly here. If he really did such a good job for you, would you mind inviting us to your place to see his excellent work?

I admit he has been responsive to most of my calls & smses, he did not MIA on me. But i still cannot accept the quality of his work & terminated his services. I suffered losses in the thousands by terminating his services but i have no regrets because my new electrician told me the wirings were a mess. Sebastian's workers had wired the normal powerpt wirings tapping on the aircon wires. I asked Sebastian about it, and he said is ok, no issue on the power voltage. And guess what? My good friend's hubby who is an electrical engineer, told me that this is against HDB rule. I almost unknowingly flouted HDB rule because of 1 unethical electrician. So if i ever get fined by HDB, who would pay the fine? Me right?

I don't know why you still can joke about bazi here.. when we are trying very hard to clear up the mess left by Sebastian and feeling the pain on spending more money to engage new electrician...

It looks like u r venting ur frustration at my views... Take a look at my T-blog n see for yourself... I posted photos of his works. I m not promoting him but just stating my views on his works...

Many people only start airing their views and frustration after one forumer started a thread on him. It is quite funny why these victims have been keeping quiet until now.

As for invitation to my house to view his works, you can all see in my T-blog. IMHO, why I can produce photos of his good works while others can't produce photos of his bad/sloppy works? Everyone is very fast to judge a person based on a few bad experiences but kill off all the good works that he/she has done...

I felt that he has problems with his time management and possibly his project management skill. This area he needs improvements.

Go n see my T-blog n feel free to comment on his "unprofessional" works...

While you have heard so many people suffering because of Sebastian poor work ethics & time mgt skill, you are continuing to promote him indirectly here. If he really did such a good job for you, would you mind inviting us to your place to see his excellent work?

I admit he has been responsive to most of my calls & smses, he did not MIA on me. But i still cannot accept the quality of his work & terminated his services. I suffered losses in the thousands by terminating his services but i have no regrets because my new electrician told me the wirings were a mess. Sebastian's workers had wired the normal powerpt wirings tapping on the aircon wires. I asked Sebastian about it, and he said is ok, no issue on the power voltage. And guess what? My good friend's hubby who is an electrical engineer, told me that this is against HDB rule. I almost unknowingly flouted HDB rule because of 1 unethical electrician. So if i ever get fined by HDB, who would pay the fine? Me right?

I don't know why you still can joke about bazi here.. when we are trying very hard to clear up the mess left by Sebastian and feeling the pain on spending more money to engage new electrician...

It looks like u r venting ur frustration at my views... Take a look at my T-blog n see for yourself... I posted photos of his works. I m not promoting him but just stating my views on his works...

Many people only start airing their views and frustration after one forumer started a thread on him. It is quite funny why these victims have been keeping quiet until now.

As for invitation to my house to view his works, you can all see in my T-blog. IMHO, why I can produce photos of his good works while others can't produce photos of his bad/sloppy works? Everyone is very fast to judge a person based on a few bad experiences but kill off all the good works that he/she has done...

I felt that he has problems with his time management and possibly his project management skill. This area he needs improvements.

Go n see my T-blog n feel free to comment on his "unprofessional" works...

Would you mind sharing how much is your electrical wiring work? I also regret i didn't take photos of his shoddy work so that i can post them here. Maybe yours is nice & good cuz he did your unit personally. For most of us victims, i reckon the work was done by his workers (2 indians), not himself personally. When i signed up with him, he promised to do my hse personally but he didn't keep his promise.

So, overall,,

Is he still preferable to engage? :unsure:

Guys and gals, take it easy,

We can share the pros and cons here just an awareness for us (like me) to share on the various electrician works before we sign with them.

At least i know JAE got some negative feedback too else i might end up having hiccups along the way.

So, overall,,

Is he still preferable to engage? :unsure:

Guys and gals, take it easy,

We can share the pros and cons here just an awareness for us (like me) to share on the various electrician works before we sign with them.

At least i know JAE got some negative feedback too else i might end up having hiccups along the way.

bro, better not... he seems to have a lot of negative feedback and i believed these feedbacks are genuine... so y jump into the cobra den when u have been warned...

Would you mind sharing how much is your electrical wiring work? I also regret i didn't take photos of his shoddy work so that i can post them here. Maybe yours is nice & good cuz he did your unit personally. For most of us victims, i reckon the work was done by his workers (2 indians), not himself personally. When i signed up with him, he promised to do my hse personally but he didn't keep his promise.

yes. One big-sized local indian and 2 banga/indian foreign workers.

Three of them did the work badly, ccracked my kitchen wall tiles, uneven laying of casing. gave the big indian a fridge o the first day, he carted away, only to find out he left it on the lift lobby.

Strangely, it disappeared a week later when they were supposed to turn up to do the wiring. Sebastian and his workers went MIA, including the fridge too.

wow thats scary...

I even introduced JAE to my colleague~

But end up my colleague electrical work is small (not much profit)

JAE didnt return a call~

Well...i guess he's too busy with other "big" projects.

bro, better not... he seems to have a lot of negative feedback and i believed these feedbacks are genuine... so y jump into the cobra den when u have been warned...

Ya..agree too,there is alot of license electrician outside,all u need is to do some homework..it will help.

Don't just focus on this few one,and don't take risk/try luck if u r not confident in him even before engaging him.Right now,u r dealing with yr own electrical work at home,this type of thing cannot anyhow,go for someone who has license is the best.hope this help.

true statement.

Appreciate the info, well guess need to find other "potential" yet "affordable" quotation tho'

Maybe u can try KS Lightning...the boss Mr Francis has a ema license,he quite a nice guy n knowlegeable,certain things can or cannot do,he will advise u first.Price quite reasonable but can't neg much.

They also own a lightning shop at serangoon,but choices is limited.Service not bad..maybe u can give them a call n give a quo.hope it help.

I was recommended by my ID to take on Bestlink Electrical. This is what he quoted me:-

Lighting point @ S$30

2 way 20A Heater point @ S$250

13A x 2SSO @ S$55

13A x 1SSO @ S$50

SCV point @ S$75

20A Heater point for Hood & Hob @ S$90

15A for aircon @ S$90

Install lights @ S$8

Install ceiling fan @ S$40

Distribution board c/w ELCB & MCBs @ S$300

Total i spent $3k+. Now looking at other forum, i think he's not the cheapest, but he's pretty efficient and friendly. But too late since i already engage his service. Should have done my homework before engaging his service. Thus would recommend all who are looking into renovation, do homework to check if the electrician is registered, and reliable. I wanted to save few hundred dollars for PUB testing, now i worried if the wiring is properly done. But on benefit of doubt, initially i told him that i'll do the testing. after he did the wiring, i told him that i'll not do the testing. Fyi why i've to inform him, cos there's position changing at the DB box which will cost me extra hundreds if testing is to be done, this is to follow the criteria set by EMA. This is my sharing, hope it will benefit all.

Btw, do we need to ask for certification of the electrician before they do the work? Any warranty required from electrician to ensure work done orderly and properly? My brother asked me these questions just then. This really made me worry when i'm not sure of the answer.

Edited by Renotess