Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
vermyapre

Electrical work cost??

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi I am urgently looking for a reliable electrician or someone who knows how to install lights to hang up/install 10 lights I bought from Ikea for my new 3 rm bto flat. I am not needing any rewiring or anything as I am hanging them at hdb's original lighting points. Just that simple. But I was quoted $35 for each lighting installation plus an additional $50 transport fee by one electrician I found online. So total adds up to $400.

Have I been over quoted??? Is this the market rate just to install one light? $35? I bought 4 small ceiling hanging lights and 6 normal ceiling lights.

Please anyone, this is URGENT.

P.S If anyone has a reliable cheaper electrician, pls pm me. Greatly appreciated. =(

Edited by mamapanda

Hi Guys,

What you think of my quotes

Lighting point $30.00

13A Single power point $45.00

13A double power point $55.00

TV point $90.00

Extend telephone point $15.00

Extend 13A Single power point $15.00

Reposition ceiling Lighting point $15.00

Oven, Cooker & Hood point $55.00

Install light $9.00

Door bell install $10.00

Edited by Benjazzy

Hi Guys,

What you think of my quotes

Lighting point $30.00

13A Single power point $45.00

13A double power point $55.00

TV point $90.00

Extend telephone point $15.00

Extend 13A Single power point $15.00

Reposition ceiling Lighting point $15.00

Oven, Cooker & Hood point $55.00

Install light $9.00

Door bell install $10.00

hi i think it is about there.

i got 80 for the tv point with a cable ready port.

see our blog http://hdbrenovation2009.blogspot.sg/2013/09/ceiling-fan-installation-part-1.html

Hi I am urgently looking for a reliable electrician or someone who knows how to install lights to hang up/install 10 lights I bought from Ikea for my new 3 rm bto flat. I am not needing any rewiring or anything as I am hanging them at hdb's original lighting points. Just that simple. But I was quoted $35 for each lighting installation plus an additional $50 transport fee by one electrician I found online. So total adds up to $400.

Have I been over quoted??? Is this the market rate just to install one light? $35? I bought 4 small ceiling hanging lights and 6 normal ceiling lights.

Please anyone, this is URGENT.

P.S If anyone has a reliable cheaper electrician, pls pm me. Greatly appreciated. =(

hi mamapanda,

seems a little on the high side... we posted our lighting reno cost here

ceiling fan installation process here

Can PM me your Electrician Contact? and how the workmanship? What type of flat you doing for this? thank

QUOTE (manutd1972 @ Sep 29 2010, 04:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i tell u....if ur ID is smart and really really wants to kotok u, he will come here, look at the average prices, den work out the difference between the average here and his quote, and tell you his "management fee" is that amount.

so even though u can save eg. $1000 by engaging ur own electrician, ur ID will charge you $1k for his "management fee". end up, u dun save at all.

i tell u, if i were u, i will not accept his reasoning for management fee. wat coordinate? nvr mind. my electrician will do the coordinating. I myself, will tell the electrician where to run the wiring. based on ur agreed layout, u would oredi know where to put ur lights and all the necessary points. so just tell ur own electrician where got wat, and let him do his job.

go back to ur reno contract and check, is the electrical works quoted inside? as far as i knw, almost all reno contracts dun include electrical works. tt is a separate cost and they usually dun hv a contract. just a basic quotation b4 commencement of electrical work and den aft finish and payment, just an official receipt frm the electrician.

so thr's no contractual obligation for the customer to follow reno firm's electrical quote or things like management fee.

my argument to ID will be: i engage u to do the whole project, its ur job to coordinate everything. whether i buy products frm other suppliers or subcontract other un-contracted works to other contractors, his job is to coordinate everything wif everyone. and the contracted total project fees oredi covers for all such work. toilet equipment not listed in contract rite? so i go n buy toilet stuff, he also coordinate delivery n installation rite? electrical appliances like cooker hob n hood, wall-mount TV etc, he also coordinate rite? so hw different is an external electrician? dun come and give me crap reasons to try and make a quick buck from me. if u dun accept my reasoning, den u can leave the project. finish up watever i've paid u for n leave. i will engage another firm to complete the project. - this is wat i will say to my ID if i were the one in this situation.

ha... i must learn to be more tough!... yeah... actually.. i also dun get why must pay management fee..
i already have the electrical layout... so i might as well just co-ordinate myself with the electrician...

manage to find another electrician who gave me a qoute.. its like 50% less than my ID's (PLUS switches some more)

ID - $4,800
Electrician - $2,600
excl.gif!!

manutd1972: will pm u!

Hi,

I find my electrical works quotation very expensive.

Can anyone enlighten me if this is market rate this is for a commercial place.

Data Cat 6 - $112.50
Dbl Power Point x 3 - $337.50
Telephone Line x 2 - $125
Install new wires and lighting points x 30 - $2,250
Supply labour to run and install 1 nos light point (metal) - $75
Supply labour to run and install 2 nos single socket (metal) - $208
Supply labour to run and install 1 nos heater switch control - $208
Supply labour to run and install 1 nos bell for water bonding earth points - $208
Supply labour to run and install 1 nos New DB Box 26way (metal) - $1300
Supply labour to hacking and install Cat5E cable - $562.50
Supply labour to run and install 10mm main cable from isolator to DB - $585
Apply PUB Testing and Single Line Drawing - $780

• Like 1

Hi Guys / Gals

i would like to install an addition double power point just outside by kitchen. but the wiring is inside the wall.

Roughly how much does it cost? any gd electrian to recommed ?

Hi,

I have some electrical work (Cat6 Data points and TV points) that needs doing in my HDB.

Please recommend me couple of reliable and reasonable electricians.

thks!!

Hi guys,

I need you all to help me see if my electrician have given me a reasonable quote which is the current market price.

Conceal lighting point = $45
2-way wiring = $90
Conceal 13A point = $70
Convert data point = $45
Install light = $13
Install bell = $13
Install dining = $30
Thanks.