Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
khengjoo

Quick-step Laminate Flooring

Hi everyone,

Planning to reconstruct my intermediate 2.5 storey terrace and would like to use laminated flooring for all bedrooms. Do you guys think is a good idea?Some told me it will looks cheap and parquet will be a better choice. But I prefer the white coloring on laminated which parquet do not provide n the former should be cheaper in cost right? Another question, since the house is going to be reconstruct from scratch, will the floor has to be tile first before laying the laminated or the builder just has to cement it prior putting up the laminated.... Pls advise... :bow:

ehh...landed property.....seriously, i wld suggest u go for parquet.

laminated definitely is cheaper, but as just well, it looks and feel cheaper. especially when u start walking on it, dropping things on it, and if u've gt dogs, when they walk on it. the hollow sounds tt all the aforesaid activities make....i can accept for a HDB....bt if i stayed in a landed or even a condo, i can't accept. but tt's just me.

i dun think u nd to tile the floor prior to laying the laminates. just flat, level cement screed shld do.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

new_home_maker,

I thought so as well. Someone did post that QS is a premium board but when come to our local distributor, it is pretty disaster.

So how was your problem resolved?

Can advise for bedrooms, is it advisable to use AC3 grade instead of AC4? TIA. Cheers! :)

My understanding is that AC3 for normal residential use is sufficient.

My understanding is that AC3 for normal residential use is sufficient.

ic... it ie because my contractor had actually quote me based on AC4 and I feel is so exp... so thinking maybe I will ask me to quote me AC3 pricing... Thanks lot :)

ic... it ie because my contractor had actually quote me based on AC4 and I feel is so exp... so thinking maybe I will ask me to quote me AC3 pricing... Thanks lot :)

Perhaps u shld compare both. If price difference not great, then u can go for AC4... Higher spec for flooring is always better esp u gonna stay in your plc for long time... :)

my personal view:

for living rooms can use better quality ones, as there is more movement and hence more wear and tear.

for bedrooms, most of the space is taken up by bed, wardrobe, etc... so can save abit and take ac3 if budget is of a concern.

more importantly is to take care and maintain the place la...

having said that, i used ac3 for everywhere. :P

We moved in four months ago, and so far no problems with our QS Largo flooring. Love the colour and feel, and the grooves feel nice too.

Just before CNY we did have a bit of an issue though - the planks in the dining area were 'popping' up, like there was a swollen area that would . It started as a small area of about 1-2 square feet, but the area grew bigger daily, to double the size.

We called QS, but since it was too close to CNY nothing could be done. We arranged for a date after CNY, and told them that they had to make sure the workers came prepared with extra boards, extra skirtings and all the necessary tools so that the issue could be fixed in one sitting.

On the appointed day, the guy who delivered the materials was EARLY. Then, the team of 3 workers came EARLY too! They were also very professional and friendly, and explained that because of the large area (living and dining combined), the expansion of the boards slowly pushed all the boards towards the dining area which is why the area 'popped' up. For smaller areas this is less of an issue, as there is an allowance for expansion under the skirting.

They removed the skirting, trimmed the boards with chisel and hammer, and within about 3 hours they were done. They swept up the place and the area looked as good as new.

Kudos to the sales guy who's handling our account, and the installers.

Tried to visit Quickstep website. Seems like it's either down or hacked.

headache man, so many brands and so many different issues.

After having some conversations with the folks here, I decided to take on Quick-Step as the interaction with the salesperson was up to my expectations.

Price was one of the factor as I was considering either the Kronotex's Mammut or Amazone series because of the groove lines. The experience of selecting laminate flooring was an interesting one. There were so many to choose and each have it's own strengths.

My criteria was:

• Provides industry standard's warranty that is serviced by the manufacturer's direct.
  • Honest and straightforward salesperson (As a first impression but now, refer to later posts made.)
  • Provides matching skirting
  • Have groove lines.

Going to a show was probably not the best way but it's the convenient way to check out multiple brands at 1 shot. I have met some good and bad sales people. Ultimately, when I contacted Quick-Step, the experience is so far so good. Hope that it'll stay this way throughout.

Edited by potat0

Just to share with anyone who is still looking for Quick-Step Flooring. You might want to engage them directly through the distributor, Grupp Marketing Pte Ltd instead of a particular company called Y & C Resources.

After looking through here and gotten good reviews from forumers here, I thought I found a reliable person to deal with for Quick-Step Flooring. Signed the quotation with their contractor, Y & C Resources, which was highlighted here that the company was registered late 2011 but went ahead because the salesperson (let's call him A) presented his business card, indicating that he is working with Grupp Marketing Pte Ltd, who is the distributor of Quick-Step. I was introduced to another person (Let's call him C), as the contractor who will be doing this deal.

Sounds really legit that a salesperson A from the distributor company, introducing me to deal direct with their contractor, C. When I make payment, A gave me a printed invoice, indicating the deposit amount paid but it was not signed or stamped by Y & C Resources. I should have held back then but I trusted A and paid in cheque as he promised that he will follow up with a signed copy.

Long story short, A had failed to meet me and pass me the signed invoice. When I asked it to be mailed out, he did not do so. Eventually, when I contacted C, I was told that C is no longer taking on the project and all of their Quick-step flooring project had been passed back to A to get the supplier to fulfill the order.

Then I called Grupp Marketing Pte Ltd, the horror unfold when they told me A had left their company almost 2 months ago. There was not information of my project being passed back to them to be fulfilled and they will not be able to fulfill it because the deposit was paid to Y & C Resources.

Now I will have to go through legal means to get back my deposit.

Edited by potat0

Something to share..

I have a unhappy deal for my Quick Step laminate flooring package signed with Grupp Marketing Pte Ltd too.

I signed up with them in during one of the expo fair in Dec 2011. During that time, i was told that all colors on displayed will be available as long as i give them 3 weeks to one month in advance when my house is ready. Recently, i called them up for a on site measurement in early May right after i took over my house. Sales man A(the one who i signed up with during the expo fair) came punctually but due to i am still waiting for HDB's approval on relocating for my store room(last min surprise from HDB). I was unable to make decision and informed A that i will get back to him once the aprroval is given.

In end May, i received a call from Grupp Marketing Pte Ltd that sales man A had left the company and replacement B will be taking over. B is a totally new to this trade and he do not know a single thing. I called up Grupp Marketing Pte Ltd to clarify on some issues and finally, they sent an "old bird" to measure my my house.

Last week during lunch time, i met up with this old bird and B on site. Upon met up, old bird passed me a list of their current on hand stocks and asked me to choose from there. To my surprise, the color which i actually wanted(the main reason of why i signed up with them) was not in the list!! I explained to old bird and told him that i signed up becos of sales man A had given me a good deal and also of that nice color. Old bird told me that he will try and the met up ended.

In late afternoon, old bird called up and informed that they have the stocks for that color but only enough for my dining and living area. Bed rooms have to be from the available stocks from the list. I told him : what attracted me in signing up is becos of that color and can you please order from your main office?. :furious::furious::furious:

He replied : Can you do me a favour by choosing out color from the list which i had pased to you?? 8|8|

OMG... :jawdrop::jawdrop:

I told him i wana refund if thats the case but he said cannot.

In my invoice, it does not stated the color which i wanted of cos but just to locked in the agreed price per sf.

This is definitely a very bad experience for me. Now my flooring color got to suits them instead of what i prefers..

While typing this comment here,

I smsed old bird 10min ago that i wished to have the color i wanted for my whole house. His replied is as below :

We regret to inform you that this color is already obsolete and the balance stock is what we have.

I admit Quick Step can consider a good brand in the laminate flooring markets but their boss definitely cannot make it !!!

PS : the old bird is actually the boss of the company.

Terrain1976,

After speaking more to Grupp Marketing, I think I can safely said I got scammed already by their ex-employee.

I believe the salesperson that attended to you was Andy Yeo. I have also informed forumers who shared the contact with me and whom I had shared the contact with that this is most likely a scam if they engaged Andy recently.

I paid a slightly higher than 40% deposit because he told me that is the company's practice to help keep and reserve the stock for me. After hearing your case, I think I will forgo getting Quick-Step flooring. I even chose the colour and was told it was available.

I should have not gone ahead when I saw that their Singapore's website was "hacked". What a waste, a good product that is going down the drain and will no longer be available in Singapore unless someone else takes up the distributorship.

Edited by potat0

I wonder if there are any others who signed up with Y & C Resources. Now is back to the drawing board to for reliable companies and alternative laminate flooring that have similar colours of what we are looking for.

An expensive lesson learnt and I really hope our Police will be efficient to investigate the case.