Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Umaisarah

Natural Living

Reno Picture Story, Chap 1: Electrical Works

Yesterday, electrical work was done at my place. The electrician sent 2 workers + 1 Sup - so things got done pretty fast. Good thing my ID was there cuz he missed out some things (even tho he had noted them down) which we had discussed previously (and which he had quoted already).

By the end of the day, most of the work was done, except for the kitchen and master bathroom. And boy, the place was so dusty, even the lift lobby! When I was abt to leave after locking up, my neighbour came out to go out, and said loudly in a very snooty tone that the outside is 'so sandy'. Sheesh....hope it's not an omen of things to come :( Anyway, hv warned my ID not to open the door so wide when they do the work cuz the wind will blow all the dust out.

Ok, here are pictures to tell the rest of the story.

Bangla worker pulling out the entrails of the ceiling.....

4519100379_76ee5a3182.jpg

All their barang2

4520817168_ea3e236ddb.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Reno Picture Story, Chap 1: Electrical Works (cont'd)

Five hours later, when DH and I came back from our 'shopping', most of the work in the living room was already done.

Lighting points for living area done. L-boxes are going over these points.

4520184653_1a4b8f6f42.jpg

Dining area which will have a false ceiling.

4520188045_c355805e18.jpg

The Bangla worker posing for a picture :)

Actually, he is outside my house, in the lift lobby to remove the downlight there and put in the conduit and pull-string for future Opennet fibre optic cable. Must plan ahead, mah....!

4521541773_818c4fa1e2.jpg

The other end of the conduit and pull string (orange wire) is at my feature wall.

4522174594_94da7bfe1e.jpg

Also excited to see that the false ceiling stuff are oso alr here.

4520191785_7526b4bd21.jpg

Not going back to house until Friday or Saturday. Hopefully, by then most of the false ceiling will be up alr.

moving on well i see!! soon u will hv a pretty house to be proud of! :D

Thanks, Sam! Yah, I'm so excited to see work finally getting underway!

Reno Picture Story, Chap 1: Electrical Works (cont'd)

Five hours later, when DH and I came back from our 'shopping', most of the work in the living room was already done.

Quite fast to finish the job only around 5 hours.

Any plan to put ManU logo around your house :P

Quite fast to finish the job only around 5 hours.

Any plan to put ManU logo around your house :P

Ya, we quite surprised. But they still need to come bk to place e switches n install e lights.

ManU logo dun fit my decor theme leh :D

and if I hv ManU must oso hv Liverpool, or else will hv WW3 at home :D

hv e logos in our car good enuf lah.....

Eh, Clementi_PR, I notice u hv e Sony EX 400. How is it ah? I bot e EX 300 but only going to fix at my new place. Is e pic quality good? If I hv lotsa $$$, I will buy e samsung led, extra slim tv. I'm in love with it :wub:

Where did u buy your chairs?

I got them in Pasardina in Dempsey, where I got my teak table custom made. Cost me $1650 for a table with 4 chairs (with a tempered glass top). Really loved the Ohmm ones but it was soooooooo expensive!!

I got them in Pasardina in Dempsey, where I got my teak table custom made. Cost me $1650 for a table with 4 chairs (with a tempered glass top). Really loved the Ohmm ones but it was soooooooo expensive!!

Yeah, I like teak stuff too. Just bought some stuff from Scanteak over last weekend. Any promotion going on at Pasardina?

Cheers.

Eh, Clementi_PR, I notice u hv e Sony EX 400. How is it ah? I bot e EX 300 but only going to fix at my new place. Is e pic quality good? If I hv lotsa $$$, I will buy e samsung led, extra slim tv. I'm in love with it :wub:

Liverpool off from "champion league" zone already :P

Main differences from EX300 is full hd.

Same as u, i only will install it on my new house :good:

For non hd channel, the pic quality is not good,

pixelate and strech.

But on HD channel, wow, it is very nice :yamseng:

But please, dont compare Apple with Orange.

If you wish to have another set in your house,

bear a couple more months.

The 3D LED is coming out,

then the normal LED price will be drop soon.

Do you have any pictures of the chair and teak table?

Yeah, I like teak stuff too. Just bought some stuff from Scanteak over last weekend. Any promotion going on at Pasardina?

Cheers.

Hiya, not really promotion,just have to bargain really hard!! The owners are Bob and Doreeen and Bob designs the tables on the spot along with actual measurements.

Do you have any pictures of the chair and teak table?

Hi sorry no, will take pics when they arrive and post in my blog.... which I always forget to update

hehe

Liverpool off from "champion league" zone already :P

Main differences from EX300 is full hd.

Same as u, i only will install it on my new house :good:

For non hd channel, the pic quality is not good,

pixelate and strech.

But on HD channel, wow, it is very nice :yamseng:

But please, dont compare Apple with Orange.

If you wish to have another set in your house,

bear a couple more months.

The 3D LED is coming out,

then the normal LED price will be drop soon.

And Man U seems to be out of the title race :(

Is this HD stuff really good? I'm thinking of switching my Starhub box to HD, and signing up for Mio TV for my MBR.

but then, if there's no World Cup coverage this year, I might as well invest in a good antenna to catch the Indon or M'sian channels!

Is your teak table part of the outdoor furniture?

or is the $1650 for the plastic wicker set, without the teak table? I confuse.... :unsure:

Still too ex for me leh.... :(

and I hv 2 balconies to fill!

I don't plan to spend more than $1000 for the outdoor stuff. I kno, I kno, very cheapskate of me, right? :D

And Man U seems to be out of the title race :(

Is this HD stuff really good? I'm thinking of switching my Starhub box to HD, and signing up for Mio TV for my MBR.

but then, if there's no World Cup coverage this year, I might as well invest in a good antenna to catch the Indon or M'sian channels!

Not 100% out, still got change.

U see, this week:

M city vs MU and Spur vs Chelsea

MU need Spurs help to go for Title, and Spur need MU help to go for Champions zone.

Keep your finger cross :P

Off course HD is a good stuff, but remember that the channel also have to support HD.

If you see, the LCD display ussually show DVD movie, with a HDMI cable too.

They never show TV channel, which not in HD.

CMIIW: all singtel and starhub set top box already in HD.

The problem is only certain channel is in HD format (starhub have less than 10 channels in HD, not sure for singtel)

About WC, i think i will just go watch live streaming from net :P