Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Umaisarah

Natural Living

From the kitchen to the living room.

Here's the wall immediately outside the kitchen. I'm going to put the bookcase I ordered from Nakim Homes here. Still in production in Indon.

The stool in the pic will join its cousins once the dining set is delivered.

4680839740_d58d020d7f.jpg

View of the living room from the kitchen door. That space behind the 2-seater bench is actually the planter but haven't got round to buying the plants yet. My plan is to have a herb cum vege garden at the planter area and a flower garden at the balcony.

4680837568_d8a1a2766f.jpg

Another view of the living room from the back of the sofa. Oops! Didn't realize can see my hubby's sarong and foot there!

4680176733_ca6141b83c.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

More living room pictures!

Direct view of the TV console which is one of the items in my reno bill.

Didn't quite have the WOW factor I was going for, but on 2nd thots, I suppose the simple look is nice too.

4680341957_f4aedc9e10.jpg

If you noticed, that whole wall where the TV is, is filled with stuff; TV console, then the lamp, the big mirror, the shoe cabinet and then the cushioned bench. Looks very cluttered and messy, but what to do :dunno: we have to put those things someplace, right?

This is view of the dining room from the living room. Sorry, had to censor my cutie pie's face, hee hee.

My dining set is extra special cuz it can transform itself to a clothes dryer.....NOT. Dining set still being varnished and upholstered, so for the time being, we're using this space to dry out the clothes. Charming, isn't it.... :D

4681582244_8b623137f3.jpg

Shot of the balcony where the future flower garden will be. Right now, it's just a bicycle garden :P

4680177467_3b28a10b0e.jpg

From the kitchen to the living room.

Here's the wall immediately outside the kitchen. I'm going to put the bookcase I ordered from Nakim Homes here. Still in production in Indon.

The stool in the pic will join its cousins once the dining set is delivered.

4680839740_d58d020d7f.jpg

I love the view of this wall ..

Is it real flower or plastic? May I know where did u buy the vase? :D

Let's move on to the bedrooms.

This is the bedroom with the bay bed and loft bed, another major reno item. Was disappointed somewhat that my ID didn't improve on the Google Sketch I gave her, I mean, just look at those hard square corners and edges! You can cut open your head if you accidentally bump into them! If I had known how to draw rounded corners maybe it would have turned out differently???

4680809646_d58194b6ee.jpg

There's no grilles on the windows which kinda freaked my mom out. But the windows have this safety mechanism that allows it to be opened only up to certain amount. Beyond that, need an adult to press some lever to open all the way. I myself haven't figured out how to open the windows the whole way :P

For the time being, we dun intend to put grilles but must admit, it does freak me out too when I see my youngest standing just next to the open window. So I always hv to shout at her to move away.

This is the other bedroom where my oldest sleeps. Major reno works here is the study table and the top-hung cabinets. Bookcases from Ikea. Still very messy cuz we've dumped my books here too while waiting for the other bookcase in the living room to be done.

4680811836_b23be2fe82.jpg4680812726_cd05e3ef58.jpg

I love the view of this wall ..

Is it real flower or plastic? May I know where did u buy the vase? :D

Looks very Zen right? :P Too bad it's going to be covered by the bookcase.

The sunflowers are fake lah....got it from this plastic flower shop at Anchorpoint (can't remember the name).

Oh, must tell you this funny thing that actually happened. The mover who carried the vase and the flowers, he actually smelled the flower and scratch the black centre part to check if it's real or not, hahahahaahaha :D

I got the vase from this shop somewhere in Siglap. Can't remember where, sorry but I do remember it has a nasi lemak factory shop just next door to it. That's as much as I can remember, if it helps :P

Looks very Zen right? :P Too bad it's going to be covered by the bookcase.

The sunflowers are fake lah....got it from this plastic flower shop at Anchorpoint (can't remember the name).

Oh, must tell you this funny thing that actually happened. The mover who carried the vase and the flowers, he actually smelled the flower and scratch the black centre part to check if it's real or not, hahahahaahaha :D

I got the vase from this shop somewhere in Siglap. Can't remember where, sorry but I do remember it has a nasi lemak factory shop just next door to it. That's as much as I can remember, if it helps :P

Yeah, very zen. Specially with the small bench.

I also think it's fake flowers, but it's a very nice one, that's why the mover got tricked.

Nowadays, no one really have the time to keep change the flowers every week. Hmm .. maybe I should get the vase at somewhere else, but definitely not IKEA. It would be the same as everybody's house.

The last and smallest of the common bedrooms. This is my helper's room and also the workroom.

We bought her the sofa bed (with the red covers) but she ended up sleeping on the bay window on the floor cuz it's more convenient. So she just use the sofa bed as a chill out chair.

4680335117_0a0dc3cbf7.jpg

Pictures of the common bathroom which is currently being used by the helper. Patsy - I finally succumbed and bought the bamboo bath caddy! My hubby had to file away a bit of the bottom part so that it can fit into the space.

4680941110_070672b611.jpg4680912398_0db3def2d5.jpg

The solar film on the windows is DIY. True story: While I was taking pictures from my MBR balcony, a neighbour opposite my block was having a shower, how do I know this? Because I CAN ACTUALLY SEE him....! Ew....thank goodness it was blurry and can only see his torso, but still...EWWW.... His bathroom was like this one, with big windows looking out into the neighbours. If u don't put some sort of curtains or blinds or film, for sure ppl can see your shadows or bits of you when you're taking a shower! Thank goodness, for my particular layout, the bathroom looks into a void, so it's only your next door neighbour who can see. Whereas for this guy, the whole block can see him, LOL.

Master Bedroom.

View from entrance, looking into the balcony and the TV wall. Was very disappointed in the wall. My ID charged me $250 for sticking some bits of plywood on the wall and painting it. :angry:

4680189091_4cb5a52ff9.jpg

Another view, looking directly at the Yoshi bed and Serta mattress. The mattress is fantastic, by the way, and so are the pillows.

Highly recommended.

4680191589_4e3ca043ec.jpg

View of the '3' moons.

4680825410_c160b53a42.jpg

Final set of pictures. Master Bathroom.

Vanity with resin shelves bought at Howards and cloth baskets from Ikea.

4680814638_c9eae65f6e.jpg

Bath/Shower area with the blinds open. Hvn't tried the bathtub yet. Am planning to put some potted plants (fake or real) on the bay window so can act as shield if someone uses the bathroom accidentally while the blinds are still open.

4680185301_d8c3762439.jpg

Very messy WIW. Bought the wire baskets from Ikea to keep my pjs and everyday home clothes so they won't fall off the shelf. Cuz there's no room in the bedroom, had to put in the dry cabinet and locked pedestal (for personal and valuable stuff) in the WIW, making it more cramped than ever!

4680818430_b78ea58fe2.jpg4680970352_fc8c8b11d4.jpg

hey... nice place!!!

we have the same sofa bed for our helper and the same shower caddy!!

I also really like that single chair you have in the living room.. still trying to see if i can put something like that in my tiny tiny living room!

Yeah, very zen. Specially with the small bench.

I also think it's fake flowers, but it's a very nice one, that's why the mover got tricked.

Nowadays, no one really have the time to keep change the flowers every week. Hmm .. maybe I should get the vase at somewhere else, but definitely not IKEA. It would be the same as everybody's house.

Since you're into wood, there's a shop at Holland Village Shopping Centre which sells vases made of mango wood. It's very nice, zen-like and classy. But not cheap lah, one tall vase is abt $100+ I think. But they claimed that their mango wood comes from the Philippines or some such place. Holland V itself has got some nice furn and soft furnishing shops. Sigh....I miss my old neighbourhood :~

hey... nice place!!!

we have the same sofa bed for our helper and the same shower caddy!!

I also really like that single chair you have in the living room.. still trying to see if i can put something like that in my tiny tiny living room!

Do you know that Ikea doesn't sell that single sofa bed anymore?? We searched for it high and low at both Ikea outlets. In the end, found it on ebay and bought it 2nd hand for $175.

R u referring to the leather armchair? I think I hv too many chairs in the living room :P but I don't want to give any of the furn away so hv to fit them in somehow. End up my living room is filled to the brim with stuff!

Do you know that Ikea doesn't sell that single sofa bed anymore?? We searched for it high and low at both Ikea outlets. In the end, found it on ebay and bought it 2nd hand for $175.

R u referring to the leather armchair? I think I hv too many chairs in the living room :P but I don't want to give any of the furn away so hv to fit them in somehow. End up my living room is filled to the brim with stuff!

yah! originally wanted to get 2 for the guest room... so like 2 single beds put together, no more stock so ended up giving it to my helper as a bed.

my current living room only the sofa to sit on... if got guest, will have to bring in the chairs from the balcony and dining chairs to sit on!

nice...... :)

Thanks, thanks! Finally glad all reno and headache almost over....now the headache is to pay all the bills :P