Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Umaisarah

Natural Living

Some random tots to share;

The slit window at the kitchen is good but yr hubby cannot ambush u anymore.

Is this a new condo? I see lots of bay windows, which 'new' developers like to use to 'eat' up space.

U got nice, unblock, permanet view over looking the pvt housing + occasional free show from that man bathing.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Just sharing a useful resource on plants and gardening since we're on the subject. Nparks have an online plant reference database with info on most plants which can be found in Singapore and the region. What's cool about it is that you can search for 'Plants for beginners' so if you're a real noob about gardening like me, this is really useful. For each plant, they will state if its suitable for indoors, can be grown in pots or containers, what kind of shade and watering it needs, etc etc. Check out FloraWeb. I hv already shortlisted some plants for discussion with the Chief Gardening Officer (ie Hubby).

yay thanks for that! also intending to do a mini herb garden in our kitchen next time..seeing i've single-handedly killed every plant that i've bought so far, this website will be a lifesaver. thank you!

wow... i also intend to grow some herbs since i use a lot of it when i cook. i must really check out the website already!

and umaisarah, your house looks cosy la.....

Just sharing a useful resource on plants and gardening since we're on the subject. Nparks have an online plant reference database with info on most plants which can be found in Singapore and the region. What's cool about it is that you can search for 'Plants for beginners' so if you're a real noob about gardening like me, this is really useful. For each plant, they will state if its suitable for indoors, can be grown in pots or containers, what kind of shade and watering it needs, etc etc. Check out FloraWeb. I hv already shortlisted some plants for discussion with the Chief Gardening Officer (ie Hubby).

Cool! we also plan to have a herbal plant garden, but on our balcony. My balcony has no direct sunlight, so this should be fine right?

I already told my CGO (moi hubby too!) he has a free run of the garden, hope he will not make a forest. :P

Note to self : Must check out ur useful website!

yay thanks for that! also intending to do a mini herb garden in our kitchen next time..seeing i've single-handedly killed every plant that i've bought so far, this website will be a lifesaver. thank you!

wow... i also intend to grow some herbs since i use a lot of it when i cook. i must really check out the website already!

and umaisarah, your house looks cosy la.....

heeeeeee seems a lot of us planning to plant herbs! We should have a cook out to show off all the fruits of our labours!

i'm very inspired by jaime oliver and his extensive use of herbs in his recipes! told hubby when we bought this house, that i'm gonna plant all the herbs i use all the time... save me the trouble of going to supermarket to buy, and then have to discard cos i can't finish the whole pack!

uh huh... and nigella lawson! a real woman with real curves :D

but too much curves at the bottom leh.. probably from eating too much of her own sinful food.. but she's sexy!

but too much curves at the bottom leh.. probably from eating too much of her own sinful food.. but she's sexy!

haha.. that's why they always show her top half only hor?? i do like gordon ramsey too....

heeeeeee seems a lot of us planning to plant herbs! We should have a cook out to show off all the fruits of our labours!

I love to cook, but I have 2 left thumbs when comes to gardening. My hubby has to maintain the garden for me.. LOL.

i'm very inspired by jaime oliver and his extensive use of herbs in his recipes! told hubby when we bought this house, that i'm gonna plant all the herbs i use all the time... save me the trouble of going to supermarket to buy, and then have to discard cos i can't finish the whole pack!

uh huh... and nigella lawson! a real woman with real curves

Aiyoh, both of them really spend alot of effort in the kitchen leh. I was given both their cook books as presents and till now haven used any, as I find some of the food preparations too mah fun. Super lazy cook lah me!

I like Chef at Home(Michael Smith) show, as it is more simple. Oh yeah. I bought the hand held blender/grinder err what u call it ah.. that thing they always use to make paste or thick soup...

haha.. that's why they always show her top half only hor?? i do like gordon ramsey too....

****'s kitchen. Can't stand him in that show.

****'s kitchen. Can't stand him in that show.

he he... so mean and grouchy hor?? but a friend of mine knows him personally and he's apparently not like that in person. swears a lot still but much friendlier! just heard he lost one of his Michellin stars recently... hmmm standards slipping!

i love gordon ramsey's food too...recipes are relatively easy to work around...jus have to get my butt moving...hubby say come new house he expects more cooking from me... let's see how. :P

but then I love cooking too.

I love to cook too... been trying to organize something with friends so I can try out my oven.

The TV show I love is Masterchef in BBC Entertainment... love the amateur cooks serving up gourmet looking food.. so jealous coz I don't think I can do so well

Here's my dream:

Michael Smith's Pantry (just love his walk-in pantry in Chef at Home)

Jamie Oliver's Garden (fresh veggies all year long)

Anna Olson's ovens (in 'Sugar', I feel like I've added 10 kgs just watching her make the desserts)

Jamie Oliver (again)'s kitchen island (stove, sink, chopping board all rolled into one!)

Nigella's Curves (oooh, I hv that already, hah hah :D )

nice pics! the house looks great! hehe.

speaking bout cooking shows, i personally loveeeee watching Iron Chef. Its interesting how they can whip up so many dishes using the same ingredients. For me when I cook, if its something new, i like to go online to search those recipe databases and use theirs, cos other users also comment on how they make small changes to the dish. Succeeded so far with a few I've tried, such as cream of mushroom, thai vermicelli with crab in claypot etc. :D

now i'm tempted to buy those burn torches to make creme brulee!