Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Umaisarah

Natural Living

wow, congrats on the completion of reno! your house already looks well lived in... :D

btw, love the window next to the tub in your bathroom..if only we could all have that amount of natural light in our bathrooms.. sigh.. congrats anyway!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

just realized, i moved in earlier than you... but your place looks more lived in than mine!!

haven't finished my guest room and dining area yet!

yah! originally wanted to get 2 for the guest room... so like 2 single beds put together, no more stock so ended up giving it to my helper as a bed.

my current living room only the sofa to sit on... if got guest, will have to bring in the chairs from the balcony and dining chairs to sit on!

Just came back from visiting your house. Got room for one more armchair I think, in the space between your dining and living (see first picture). But cannot get too bulky. You can try a vintage designer replica or the real deal. Will match nicely with the rest of your decor. Very bohemian chic. I like... :)

just realized, i moved in earlier than you... but your place looks more lived in than mine!!

haven't finished my guest room and dining area yet!

You mean it looks messier :D

No lah, yours look very live in with all your personal touches. Very warm and cozy.

I haven't put in any photos or anything personal in our house yet. My husband refuses to drill anything in the house so I hvn't yet put up our paintings and family photos, but I'm trying to slowly make him come around. How can we not drill anything???? even the bidet spray in the toilet he uses a suction cup to hang them, haiz.....

wow, congrats on the completion of reno! your house already looks well lived in... :D

btw, love the window next to the tub in your bathroom..if only we could all have that amount of natural light in our bathrooms.. sigh.. congrats anyway!

Thank you, thank you!

Yah, it's nice to look at but in terms of being practical, well...not so much. You can't let the light come through for obvious reasons (unless your bathroom faces the forest but then again the animals may be watching, hee hee :D ). Most of the time, the blinds are drawn and closed. At least with vertical blinds you can open it a little bit. I hope to put some plants but am not sure if it will give enough camouflage.

Since you're into wood, there's a shop at Holland Village Shopping Centre which sells vases made of mango wood. It's very nice, zen-like and classy. But not cheap lah, one tall vase is abt $100+ I think. But they claimed that their mango wood comes from the Philippines or some such place. Holland V itself has got some nice furn and soft furnishing shops. Sigh....I miss my old neighbourhood :~

Wah .. one vase for $100++ is quite steep :P

I will scout around for that.

Btw, if you want to plant some herb plants in your planter box, please make sure that there's enough sunlight to the planter area. Enough sunlight as in direct sunlight for the whole day.

I am currently growing mint and thai basil and both of them dying cuz not enough sunlight. :(

Just came back from visiting your house. Got room for one more armchair I think, in the space between your dining and living (see first picture). But cannot get too bulky. You can try a vintage designer replica or the real deal. Will match nicely with the rest of your decor. Very bohemian chic. I like... :)

thought of that but worried it would block the hallway going to the bedrooms? haiz.. need to see properly... plus my kachang shelving (called kachang coz can move around, like those selling kachang in the malls hehe) is there....

You mean it looks messier :D

No lah, yours look very live in with all your personal touches. Very warm and cozy.

I haven't put in any photos or anything personal in our house yet. My husband refuses to drill anything in the house so I hvn't yet put up our paintings and family photos, but I'm trying to slowly make him come around. How can we not drill anything???? even the bidet spray in the toilet he uses a suction cup to hang them, haiz.....

no lah, you notice i didn't take pics of the guest room or MBR? all the mess is in there!!! only the outside looks neat!

I didn't have a choice but had to drill coz my tapestry is very very heavy... needed 2 nails to hang it. Got a mirror from Erdos which must also be drilled in. so aiya, since drill a few already, drill all liao! haha

Thank you, thank you!

Yah, it's nice to look at but in terms of being practical, well...not so much. You can't let the light come through for obvious reasons (unless your bathroom faces the forest but then again the animals may be watching, hee hee :D ). Most of the time, the blinds are drawn and closed. At least with vertical blinds you can open it a little bit. I hope to put some plants but am not sure if it will give enough camouflage.

maybe can use some sort of a privacy film, those that allows u to see outside but cannot see inside...! hahaha might make you paranoid though..

Btw, if you want to plant some herb plants in your planter box, please make sure that there's enough sunlight to the planter area. Enough sunlight as in direct sunlight for the whole day.

I am currently growing mint and thai basil and both of them dying cuz not enough sunlight. :(

The planter and living room balcony get the full morning sun until about 5 pm when the light and heat shifts to the bedroom area. Hope that's enough. My helper and I are already planning to plant cili padi, curry leaves, mint leaves, coriander leaves, pandan leaves, what-have-you leaves in the planter :) no need to go market anymore, heh heh.

oh good thing i read this! was going to buy the herbs over the weekend. I thought herbs didn't like direct sunlight? hmmmm time for a re-think! was hoping to grow tomatoes in a pot also... maybe not practical now

Thank you, thank you!

I am jealous! Everyone seems to have bath tub! Man!. :P

Regarding sharp ends and edges, I am accident prone, so I told my contractor and furniture maker all the same thing, round all edges as i will be bound to knock or kick or bump into the edges. The house must be safe proof for me. I actually managed to bump and triped in the furniture shop while looking for side table just after telling tat to the furniture shop owner. :unsure:

oh good thing i read this! was going to buy the herbs over the weekend. I thought herbs didn't like direct sunlight? hmmmm time for a re-think! was hoping to grow tomatoes in a pot also... maybe not practical now

Just sharing a useful resource on plants and gardening since we're on the subject. Nparks have an online plant reference database with info on most plants which can be found in Singapore and the region. What's cool about it is that you can search for 'Plants for beginners' so if you're a real noob about gardening like me, this is really useful. For each plant, they will state if its suitable for indoors, can be grown in pots or containers, what kind of shade and watering it needs, etc etc. Check out FloraWeb. I hv already shortlisted some plants for discussion with the Chief Gardening Officer (ie Hubby).

I am jealous! Everyone seems to have bath tub! Man!. :P

Regarding sharp ends and edges, I am accident prone, so I told my contractor and furniture maker all the same thing, round all edges as i will be bound to knock or kick or bump into the edges. The house must be safe proof for me. I actually managed to bump and triped in the furniture shop while looking for side table just after telling tat to the furniture shop owner. :unsure:

hee hee, funny :D

I'm actually quite mad at my ID cuz she didn't even consider this simple point. She knows I've got young kids in the house but yet she didn't modify the design to suit them. She really really took wholesale my sketchup and only did minor modifications. I feel like filing away all the hard edges but it will spoil the laminate :(

Just sharing a useful resource on plants and gardening since we're on the subject. Nparks have an online plant reference database with info on most plants which can be found in Singapore and the region. What's cool about it is that you can search for 'Plants for beginners' so if you're a real noob about gardening like me, this is really useful. For each plant, they will state if its suitable for indoors, can be grown in pots or containers, what kind of shade and watering it needs, etc etc. Check out FloraWeb. I hv already shortlisted some plants for discussion with the Chief Gardening Officer (ie Hubby).

Cool! we also plan to have a herbal plant garden, but on our balcony. My balcony has no direct sunlight, so this should be fine right?

I already told my CGO (moi hubby too!) he has a free run of the garden, hope he will not make a forest. :P

Note to self : Must check out ur useful website!

hee hee, funny :D

I'm actually quite mad at my ID cuz she didn't even consider this simple point. She knows I've got young kids in the house but yet she didn't modify the design to suit them. She really really took wholesale my sketchup and only did minor modifications. I feel like filing away all the hard edges but it will spoil the laminate :(

Hi,

I'm in the mist of renovating my resale flat.

No ideal on the pricing. Seems every ID or contractors quoted the same but I think price could be better.

Possible to PM me how much you spend for your reno in total so that I've a benchmark what should I do.

BTW, can you PM you ID contact if they are good :)

Thanks in advance.