Sign in to follow this  
hongwen37

Notre Maison

Carpentry Almost Completed

Living Room Feature Wall

138.jpg

140.jpg

139.jpg

The feature wall will be painted grey... and the TV will be mounted onto the feature wall... The 3D design was for a 10ft feature wall, but to cut cost, we requested for just 8ft... Of course, 10ft will look much nicer... but 8ft is good enough for us...

Edited by hongwen37

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Shoe Cabinet

141.jpg

143.jpg

142.jpg

There are more than enough shelves for both our shoes... Luckily wife doesnt have that many shoes like some girls do... haa... We like the mirror too as we can check ourselves before going out of the house... The only problem with the shoe cabinet is that the Main Door will hit the shoe cabinet when opened fully, therefore we have to add a stopping mechanism at the door? Leave this problem to the ID... If you notice, the top right hand corner of the shoe cabinet is for hanging brollies...

Carpentry Almost Done

Master Bedroom Settee

144.jpg

145.jpg

Initially we were contemplating whether to build this settee because it cost quite a bit... Now i am glad we choose to build this.. The storage inside is very useful to us considering we hacked off our storeroom...

Master Bedroom Feature Wall

147.jpg

This is a simple feature wall (only 4ft by 4ft) for us to mount the TV in the bedroom...

146.jpg

The problem is here... We bought quite a big bed frame (2.3m x 2.3m)... and the width of our bedroom is only 3.1m.... If we install the TV console which is 0.4m... then we are left with only 40cm of walking space between the bed and the TV Console... So, in the end.. We decided not to build the TV console... The problem with not having a TV console is that we are stuck with watching Mediacorp Stations only.. If we want to watch SCV or MioTV, we have to go to the living room... This is ok with us considering we might not even subscribe to SCV or other MioTV channels (depends on wife cos i never watch those channels) but i will subscribe to the sports channel though.. haa..

Carpentry Almost Done

Walk-in Wardrobe

157.jpg

Frosted glass door to the Walk-in Wardrobe...

148.jpg

169.jpg

The Wardrobe looks a bit small.. Hope we have enough space to put all our clothes...

Dressing Table

150.jpg

151.jpg

The dressing table with a big piece of mirror yet to be built... Wife also dont like the pull down drawer on the right... So, we have to ask Richard to get it changed...

Master Toilet

158.jpg

The extended Master Toilet... Fixed glass panel and a glass door...

159.jpg

The shower screen.. Apparently there is something wrong with this so they have to get it changed...

Kitchen Box Up Pipes

166.jpg

165.jpg

This is where we can put our mops, brooms, etc... and i wonder if we can fit a ladder inside too.. haa.

Kitchen Cabinet

167.jpg

161.jpg

162.jpg

The Undermount sink...

163.jpg

164.jpg

We like the 2 big drawers on the left.. It can fit in alot of pots and pans... What's missing is the breakfast counter...

Carpentry Almost Done

Kitchen Entrance - Sliding Glass Door

160.jpg

Richard was worried that the sliding door (only 75cm) will be too small to our liking.. After taking a look, we felt that it looks ok... Also, due to the ugly tracks of the sliding door, we will be building a pelmet to hide the tracks so it looks nicer...

Edited by hongwen37

the glass sliding door gives a nice open feel to the kitchen !

i have a sliding glass door too but had to put some decorative glass stickers as i'm always afraid i may walk into the glass door ...

Edited by blueocean

the glass sliding door gives a nice open feel to the kitchen !

i have a sliding glass door too but had to put some decorative glass stickers as i'm always afraid i may walk into the glass door ...

Oh is it? Your glass must be very well polished.. haa.. My glass door is quite visible...

looking good! :)

noticed you extended your MBR bath..any issues with the HDB reno permit? i.e. did they give u grief over it?

I mentioned about the HDB permit to my ID and he said it is legal.. So, i assumed it is ok... He did apply permit to hack away a wall to create an entrance between the Guest Room and the Common Toilet though, but that was not approved...

i lioke this light.. where did u get them and how much?? thanks!

Almost all my lights are bought from lightings.com.sg including this one.. They have 2 shops at Balestier Road and Jalan Besar Road... It costs $40...

Edited by hongwen37

Love your shoe cabinet. Now I start to think to ask Darren to include me the shoe cabinet as well. hehehe...

BTW, the electrical work, Plush Living help you to do it or you engage another contractor? Heard that Plush Living electrical works got problem. Did you encounter any so far?