Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hongwen37

Notre Maison

I think option 3 is quite nice. Are you going to do concealed wiring for your tv? It would look even nicer.

Yah.. the wire will go into the feature wall and down to the console area where the power points are...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Wah, option 2 is exactly what we wanna do! LOL! :sport-smiley-018: We saw this design from some angmoh mag.

Anyway back to your choices, you are not intending to do any cooking in the kitchen? If yes, it may be very moist and easily dirty with all the fumes etc without a hood.

I like option 3, as the long cabinets will block the sun light so the tv will not have sun light glare. Also, the place will look bigger as the left feels more empty, if you know what i mean.

Wah, option 2 is exactly what we wanna do! LOL! :sport-smiley-018: We saw this design from some angmoh mag.

Anyway back to your choices, you are not intending to do any cooking in the kitchen? If yes, it may be very moist and easily dirty with all the fumes etc without a hood.

I like option 3, as the long cabinets will block the sun light so the tv will not have sun light glare. Also, the place will look bigger as the left feels more empty, if you know what i mean.

I saw roughly these designs online.. maybe its the same angmoh designs... haa

We wont do alot of cooking... My mum cooks alot in my current house without a hood... But seems ok thats why we will not be installing a hood... Probably have to spend more effort cleaning the glass backing and walls after cooking.

So, you not going to wall mount your TV since you choosing option 2? The plus point of not wall mounting your TV is you dont need a feature wall, can save money..

Yah.. I know what you mean for option 3... The ID told us that too...

I saw roughly these designs online.. maybe its the same angmoh designs... haa

We wont do alot of cooking... My mum cooks alot in my current house without a hood... But seems ok thats why we will not be installing a hood... Probably have to spend more effort cleaning the glass backing and walls after cooking.

So, you not going to wall mount your TV since you choosing option 2? The plus point of not wall mounting your TV is you dont need a feature wall, can save money..

Yah.. I know what you mean for option 3... The ID told us that too...

Yup, option 2, as we dun like feature walls. We prefer to have the tv resting on the console so that we can use the money to build other things.:P . I dunno if you change ur tv next time will there be a hole or not. BTW wall hung cabinets cannot put heavy stuff ah, so if u intending to put some heavier stuff best to have bigger storage on the low height drawers.

3D Designs (Revised)

Kitchen

kitchenVer3.jpg

This will be the final design. It looks totally different and much more plain without the hood (Didnt know that a nice hood can add so much to the aesthetic of the design). Anyway, we wont be installing a hood, so this should be good enough... We will be hanging some photos or painting on the wall where the downlight is to make it looks better.

Living Room

As mentioned previously, we do not like the previous feature wall design, so we told Calis (Designer) what we have in mind.. These are what she came up with. Not bad but maybe we got to top up some money since there are more cabinets and the feature wall is bigger now. She did 3 options for us to choose.

Living Room 3D Design Option #1

livingoptionc.jpg

Living Room 3D Design Option #2

livingoptionb.jpg

Option #2 is out since we want our TV to be wall mounted.

Living Room 3D Design Option #3

livingoptiona.jpg

We prefer this one. The cabinet looks nicer on the right.

Dont choose no 2 because lcd isnt mount on the feature wall, den wat the feature wall for?

Dont choose no 2 because lcd isnt mount on the feature wall, den wat the feature wall for?

A feature wall doesn't mean for LCD to be mounted right?

A feature wall is a different set of wall for decoration or accent?

2nd option no feature wall in the pic ah.

Something occurred to me. If you are mounting the long cabinets on the feature wall, that means the cabinets that means the weight is on the feature wall? If too heavy how?

If you look carefully, Option 2 do not have a feature wall since the TV is not mounted by standing on the console.. The 2 cabinets are mounted onto the wall whereas for the other 2 designs with feature wall, the cabinets & TV are mounted onto the feature wall...

I am not choosing Option 2 because i want to mount my TV, so we require a feature wall to do that..

Actually, It is possible to mount the TV directly onto the wall (instead of onto the feature wall).. But then all your TV wires will be hanging down from behind which is **** ugly.. That is the current state of my current house,... The TV is directly mounted to the wall and all the wires hanging behind.. The feature wall is more for aesthetic purpose, for mounting the TV, to conceal the wires and also act as a decorations to your living room, thats why people choose nice designs for the feature wall....

Something occurred to me. If you are mounting the long cabinets on the feature wall, that means the cabinets that means the weight is on the feature wall? If too heavy how?

Yes Zelly. Thank you for reminding us about the cabinet load... If we mount the cabinets to the feature wall, it might not be as strong as mounting onto the wall (afterall, feature walls are just made of thin partition board)... I have to ask my contractors what is the weight limit for the feature wall...

But then, I cant think of anything heavier than books that we might be putting in those cabinets. They are not that big to put big heavy stuff too... So, most probably the cabinets will be just for putting CDs, DVDs, photo abums, Wii Games, books, boardgames, etc... I guess it should be able to hold the weight of these light stuff... Will confirm with the ID...

Yes Zelly. Thank you for reminding us about the cabinet load... If we mount the cabinets to the feature wall, it might not be as strong as mounting onto the wall (afterall, feature walls are just made of thin partition board)... I have to ask my contractors what is the weight limit for the feature wall...

But then, I cant think of anything heavier than books that we might be putting in those cabinets. They are not that big to put big heavy stuff too... So, most probably the cabinets will be just for putting CDs, DVDs, photo abums, Wii Games, books, boardgames, etc... I guess it should be able to hold the weight of these light stuff... Will confirm with the ID...

The contractor can put an extra metal support which act as spine exactly where the cabinet would be. At least that what would happen if the feature wall is made of gypsum. The gypsum would not be able to withstand the load anyway ...

i also like option 3.

Same here, i also want to mount tv on wall but dun want feature wall cos i feel that it would take up some space and make the living rm looks smaller. But no feature wall will have untidy wires. :(

I want to ask how abt the scv set up box and dvd player? If put inside the console, hw the remote sensor wk? But put outside will look messy. Any idea?

i also like option 3.

Same here, i also want to mount tv on wall but dun want feature wall cos i feel that it would take up some space and make the living rm looks smaller. But no feature wall will have untidy wires. :(

I want to ask how abt the scv set up box and dvd player? If put inside the console, hw the remote sensor wk? But put outside will look messy. Any idea?

If the door of your TV Console is the glass door, then you still can use remote control to control your SCV and DVD player... If it is like mine which is opaque, then have to open when you wanna use remote control... You can also choose not to have any doors for the console

Haa.. ID reflected this problem to us... and we decided to choose aesthetic over practicality... So, everytime we want to watch TV or DVD, we shall open the TV console door. If your house has children running around, then it might be a problem because they might knock into the open doors.