Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
wcseow

A Place To Retire

I used this forum a couple of years ago and started a T-blog as well. But I guess all my posts all gone as it is in 2005/2006. Anyway, have sold both my place and have recently purchase a unit in Changi Rise, a relief after so many months of finding a place that the family like and fit my budget....

And now comes the most exciting and could be troublesome part, ID and reno...:)......and I have my fair share of anger, disappointment and relief from the various reno I have done. Contractor gone missing with only 10% work done, legal action, bad workmanship, impractical etc. In fact, I reno my house 3 times before it finally got one that is done right and the ID i gotten is FROM THIS FORUM....:)

So with this, frankly, I am split between just giving it to the current ID since I have a good experience and her design/work stood the tests of time when I sold my place with the various comments, and going for new IDs with new ideas. Finally, today, I decided lets try a few others also.

So thus far,

1. I have made a appointment with my previous ID (Intradesign)

2. Have sent an sms to a highly rated ID from the forum here (Inside Living)

3. Send an online enquiry to Summit Design, that have quite good reviews so far in this forum.

It is from this forum that I found a good ID in Intradesign and so I will put my trust in the same forum for ID leads as well....:)

Wish me Luck!!!...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Continuing...my preferred design should be

1. simple, clean and spacious. With lots of storage areas (meet my wife request)

2. Lol..I am particular about my toilet(MBR), spacious and neat....

3. Easy to maintain and clean...thus no or minimal grooves, raised platform so that we can clean the floor....

4. Ceiling fans is a must.....:)...I hate standing fans, takes up space....lol

5. Kitchen, large top as we do our cooking mostly from individual induction cookers....use electricity less gas...= less fried= less oily...lol

6. Kitchen, to accommodate one fridge and one freezer (my mum loved to stock up food....)...lol

7. Lasting.........and.....hopefully it get feature in the ID website/magazine as my last reno...lol

:)

Edited by wcseow

A copy of floor plan that i could get my hands on

Yes, that funny room beside the living room is what it is shown in the plan. I gather there are option during the launch to either have this as a 4th bedroom(with proper 4 walls and a door) and as a family area/den. The unit I purchase choose the latter, I guess....

Pls ignore the 2 single beds in outer space...:)....I did some edit and forgot to remove it and laziness step in...

ChangiRiseTypeE1496blank.jpg

Edited by wcseow

and a copy of what I had in mind, though I am 100% sure it will make a complete overhaul after ID process...:)

and yes..suddenly both my daughters decided to share a room despite living in separate rooms all their life!!!!!!!!!!!....

cr-spaceplan1-001.jpg

Summit Design respond pretty fast.....submit in the afternoon , got a call from Nicholas early evening....

Inside Living...alas,....still no news....

Hi Wcseow,

Welcome back! Nice flat layout.

Our reno criteria was quite close, we also wanted simple, easy to maintain and spacious. But we didnt have your item 7 in list. Hee.. personally I think most of the places features on magazine/ website weren't really easy for maintance. Will look forward to your t-blog on this.

Good luck on your reno hunt! :)

Hi Wcseow,

Welcome back! Nice flat layout.

Our reno criteria was quite close, we also wanted simple, easy to maintain and spacious. But we didnt have your item 7 in list. Hee.. personally I think most of the places features on magazine/ website weren't really easy for maintance. Will look forward to your t-blog on this.

Good luck on your reno hunt! :)

Lol...thanks....

Quite rue. I am debating whether to have feature wall/TV console, or just go out and shop for TV console. The one in my previous place,though neat,simple and nice but it is a real hassle whenever I need to add in connections to my receiver....

Continuing...my preferred design should be

1. simple, clean and spacious. With lots of storage areas (meet my wife request)

2. Lol..I am particular about my toilet(MBR), spacious and neat....

3. Easy to maintain and clean...thus no or minimal grooves, raised platform so that we can clean the floor....

4. Ceiling fans is a must.....:)...I hate standing fans, takes up space....lol

5. Kitchen, large top as we do our cooking mostly from individual induction cookers....use electricity less gas...= less fried= less oily...lol

6. Kitchen, to accommodate one fridge and one freezer (my mum loved to stock up food....)...lol

7. Lasting.........and.....hopefully it get feature in the ID website/magazine as my last reno...lol

:)

wah..so nice, you got your ID website to show your prev reno??

Hope mine could be up in the mag also, coz my ID is building his portfolio, and 2 of his prev reno are in mag already.

and a copy of what I had in mind, though I am 100% sure it will make a complete overhaul after ID process...:)

and yes..suddenly both my daughters decided to share a room despite living in separate rooms all their life!!!!!!!!!!!....

cr-spaceplan1-001.jpg

Your layout is so unique and looks big loh. Esp the MBR, so long!!

Is this a HDB or condo??

And your idea of combining that 2 rm yet separating your daughters bed giving them privacy is superb!! :thumbs up:

wah..so nice, you got your ID website to show your prev reno??

Hope mine could be up in the mag also, coz my ID is building his portfolio, and 2 of his prev reno are in mag already.

Lol...they decided to do it on their own, I did not realize it until they gave me 8 copies of the magazine....lol...

it comes in useful as a talking point when I was selling the place....:)

Your layout is so unique and looks big loh. Esp the MBR, so long!!

Is this a HDB or condo??

And your idea of combining that 2 rm yet separating your daughters bed giving them privacy is superb!! :thumbs up:

Gee...thanks....:)

It is a condo unit.

Lol....it has a rather long passage-way and I think the way I re-arrange the WIW makes it longer...But I prefer to take the shortest possible path from my bed to the WIW to the toilet.....hahahahah

It is a condo unit.

Lol....it has a rather long passage-way and I think the way I re-arrange the WIW makes it longer...But I prefer to take the shortest possible path from my bed to the WIW to the toilet.....hahahahah

Nice design.

What is the size (sq ft) of your condo unit?

It is a condo unit.

The more I look at your layout, the more I like it. Your unit has at least 150sqm??

4 rm,3 toilet, big kitchen, somemore got maid room!

Your reno will cost a bomb loh! :D

I think the way u arrange it is very good already. But I do not like WIW, as it will be quite stuffy, and if near toilet, i think moisture very high, things will get mouldy fast.

Summit Design respond pretty fast.....submit in the afternoon , got a call from Nicholas early evening....

Inside Living...alas,....still no news....

Orh, btw, when I ask for quoe from summit design, it was Nicholas who response as well. He is the one I mention with good follow up and provided details layout drawing, but I didnt have a chance to meet him for details. Price wise average. :rolleyes: