Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

hi doremi,

will check out with my friend. only know that she use HDB default toilet design and default doors,her reno came with built in wardrobe for 3 rooms, built-in drawers for 3 rooms and drawers,

false ceiling, not too sure if aircon system 3 comes with it.

will take photo and post here if have a chance to show you what I meant by simple design.

also have thought of a walk in wardrobe but I guess have to hack walls from another room to make space,

but hacking walls to make 2 rooms into 1 is not recommended, heard from frens, next time if want to sell, will be harder as people will want 3 small room for a 4rm and not 2.

just fyi.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Dear Neighbours,

Been some time since I've posted something..been really bz with work. Anyway, I've gotten my loan letter! Yippie...gonna send the things required soon and pray we get the keys soon..hehe. Have been on the lookout for IDs and met up with about 3..really spent my whole Saturdays meeting them and viewing their completed projects :bangwall: So far I've gotten about 5 quotations from A & D, Plush Living, Earnest Interior, Image Cre*tive, Baroque Design. The quotations all hover ard 30K…trying to cut down the costs to about 26K (inclusive of aircon system 3, non-inverter)

Here were my requirements to the IDs:

1. Hack wall between Master bedrm and adjacent room

2. Build a Walk in wardrobe in master bedroom

3. Build platform with storage in adjacent room

4. Overlay tiles for MBR bathroom and kitchen

5. Laminate flooring for the 3 bedrooms

6. Feature wall and TV console

7. Shoe cabinet and feature wall to cover up bomb shelter

8. Tall cabinet in kitchen for my oven

My advice to all who are looking for IDs is to meet up with them first to discuss your requirements. Give the same set of requirements to the IDs and then compare apple for apple. Also ask to see their completed or work-in-progress projects..look at the workmanship for the carpentry, laying of tiles and floor laminates. When you read more and know more, you tend to ask the right questions and therefore chances are, the ID will know not to mess ard with you..hahaha!! There’s a reno fair coming up soon at Expo…big scale one. Not sure who will be there though but think sign up there can get free gifts :bangwall: Read more Home and Décor magazines to get inspiration & ideas (actually, our draft sketch was very similar to the IDs proposals…haha…but we are too lazy to get a contractor cos got to monitor a lot of things ourselves so getting ID instead).

Since many of us getting our keys soon and looking ard for IDs, shall we compile the list of IDs that we have visited to compare quotes to make sure that we are not being quoted differently? I’ll start the ball rolling first !!

ID Firms

1. A & D (ID: Alvin)

2. Plush Living (ID: Avee)

3. Image Creat*vE (ID: Jeffrey)

4. Baroque (ID: Mike)

5. Earnest Interior (ID: Zann)

Dear Neighbours,

The details of the renov fair are:

Singapore Home & Design 2007

Public - Free Admission

Hall 6A

08-Sep-07 to 16-Sep-07

Start Time: 12:00; End Time : 22:00

http://www.singapore-expo.com.sg/others_mo...sp?MonthID_in=8

!!

Hi Ikoice,

We are considering hacking the wall between the MBR and the adjacent room too as the MBR is really too small :( Then we will use this room for the WIW and as a study room

Have you obtained any quotation for the hacking of wall? We are afraid that it might be expenseive.

I will also be hacking the wall between MBR and BR, but the space will be just sufficient to place the MBR wardrobe. The "invaded" BR will be the study room. Cost of hacking & rebuilding the wall is approx $300 - $400.

Bethel, the metal bars are for hanging clothes. You can "pull out" the racks. They can be easily removed if you don't like them (or so I was told).

Hi redhat,

thks for ur regards, hopefully my baby will recover soon. he seem to be much better today. :)

Glad to hear that your baby is feeling much better.

Wish him a speedy recovery :thumbs up:

Edited by Mapleleaf

Hi Neighbors!

Lurker here (Blk D 4-rm 90sqm). Just to chime in that we signed with an ID a few months back. Yes, a bit KS and early, but I had to do it before I moved to Vancouver (Hubby got a job here for a couple of years, so ...嫁鸡随鸡. Mum's holding the fort while I'm gone, but I'll be back for the key collection and reno!)

We chose Chew Interior Design. Final quote around 22K. Haven't seen the 3D layout yet, so can't comment on quality, but the ID spent quite some time discussing the use of space and how to place furniture etc. We thinking of adding a wall feature to hang a flat panel TV, which will probably bring the total to 23K. Other things we're doing:

(1) Homogeneous floor tiles (2) Window grill because I'm scared of heights (3) Kitchen cabinet (4) Bedroom cabinets x3 (5) Shower screen x2 (6) False ceiling in living room and bedroom hall (7) Piping and electrical wiring etc

Price does not include A/C.

Finally, many thanks to all those who've posted your experience with key collection and the photos taken of the block. Definitely very helpful for me a million miles away!

edited because plasma TV = expensive, and other "flat panel TV"s are more affordable.

Edited by zeester

Hi all

Just found this topic. So relevant to me.

Me is owner of blk 79d 90sqm 40th storey. So excited to find some many kakis.

I have so far talked to a few ID. Here's my view. I will contribute more when I have the time.

1. Unimax - $26k (got 3D pictures)

2. Vogue - $38k (2nd quote)

3. Summit - $26k. Asking them to do some adjustment. Waiting for 2nd quote (got 3D pictures & layout)

4. Ciseern - $40k (too ex. will not use them) - got layout

5. Earnest - $30k (need to ask them amend quote)

6. 360degree - $27k (not using them as don't feel comfortable) - got layout

7. Squareroom - $30k (asking them to requote). shown 3D & layout but not given

8. Image - quoted wrongly for a premium flat. Asked to requote but didnt't get back. (dropped them)

9. Orangecube - ask us to place deposit before quoting. (dropped them)

10. Fuse Concept - waiting for 1st quote

11. Boulevade - waited too long to come back to us. (dropped them)

12. Extract Living - waited us to place deposit before quoting. (dropped them)

13. Home success - $29k estimated quote given at Reno show. Not comfortable with them (dropped them)

Cheers !

Hi Alister,

Wow!! So amazing that you've already approached so many IDs!! Even more amazing is that you are staying my block 40th Floor!:thumbs up: The view must be magnificent! :(

Anyway, can you share what you asked the ID to do for you? or you can PM me and we can share quotations. I've received about 5 quotations so far..

Has anyone in Blk 79E received the loan letter?

I have not.

Hi Mapleleaf,

I have not received the loan letter yet. So not only you. :dancingqueen:

Anyway, I will only renovate the house yet, maybe after Dec or even Chinese New Year. Just excited

on the overall size of the unit.

By the way, which storey is your unit?

I kaisu mah. Went to 2 reno fair and asked 3 firms to quote me each time. Did my search for ID about 2.5mths back.

I will try to scan in the quote and put into this site if possible.

You know I so 'on' last Sat. I went to blk 79d and only the lift to 21st floor was working. I climbed all the way to 40th floor to take some pictures of the scenery and my main door. Have not taken night picture yet.

Hi Alister,

Wow!! So amazing that you've already approached so many IDs!! Even more amazing is that you are staying my block 40th Floor!:dancingqueen: The view must be magnificent! :notti:

Anyway, can you share what you asked the ID to do for you? or you can PM me and we can share quotations. I've received about 5 quotations so far..

Hi Mapleleaf,

I have not received the loan letter yet. So not only you. :)

Anyway, I will only renovate the house yet, maybe after Dec or even Chinese New Year. Just excited

on the overall size of the unit.

By the way, which storey is your unit?

Hi Darry,

Just to share. Heard from some friends that its not advisable to start renovation just before CNY, as the contractors will rush to complete as they will not be working during CNY. The works might not be satisfactory.

If you are really keen to start before CNY, you must inform them whether you are in a rush to get your house so that they can pace their works.

I kaisu mah. Went to 2 reno fair and asked 3 firms to quote me each time. Did my search for ID about 2.5mths back.

I will try to scan in the quote and put into this site if possible.

You know I so 'on' last Sat. I went to blk 79d and only the lift to 21st floor was working. I climbed all the way to 40th floor to take some pictures of the scenery and my main door. Have not taken night picture yet.

Wow!! You are really so "on" to climb the steps!

The view is really quite magnificient at the 40th floor. You can see the Singapore Flyer from Blk C 40th floor.

There are only 4 lifts serving each blk. 2 lifts for floors from 1st to 21st floor, and 2 lifts for floors from 22nd to 40th floor, i think. Can't really remember. Not sure whether the lifts will be very slow next time :)

Based on your experience, will there be any perks at the reno fair?

I never allow myself to be pressured into signing up any package at the fair. My thinking is - if you are interested in getting my business, you can still reserve the package for me. Anyway all the free gifts already priced into the package.

I remember approaching ***** and they tell me only have 8 packages for 4rm flat. Very cheap w all the discount. I thinking - if you are at the fair for 9 days, you mean you only set aside to do 8 deals ? Thankfully I never sign with the ID as he left the company after 1mth. How can I sign package when I never see the whole cost of the renovation and I might not even like your design.

Same for Ciseern. They keep on insisting I sign package first and then talk about the details later. If I sign the package with them, I sure kenna con by them for carpentry work later.

So never never rush into signing the package. My immediate neighbour put a deposit during the fair and now regretting. They are now still searching for another ID to compare.

The lifts combination is correct. 4 lifts in each blk. 2 lifts to 21st floor and 2 lifts from 1st, 21st to 40th.

The view is really quite magnificient at the 40th floor. You can see the Singapore Flyer from Blk C 40th floor.

There are only 4 lifts serving each blk. 2 lifts for floors from 1st to 21st floor, and 2 lifts for floors from 22nd to 40th floor, i think. Can't really remember. Not sure whether the lifts will be very slow next time :)

Based on your experience, will there be any perks at the reno fair?

There are only 4 lifts serving each blk. 2 lifts for floors from 1st to 21st floor, and 2 lifts for floors from 22nd to 40th floor, i think. Can't really remember. Not sure whether the lifts will be very slow next time :lol:

Wow, does that mean people have to do "lift transfers" to get to the higher floors? That's so troublesome. :)

Alister, u gotta share the view from ur flat in future. 40 storeys... woohoo! :dancingqueen:

No lah. For those living from 22nd onwards, there is an express lift taking from 1st floor straight to 21st - 40th floor.

I think those living on the high floor should have about the same view as me. Only good thing is my ID telling me there is no piping on the ceiling - kitchen & toilet. All my pipes goes down to the unit below.

Bad thing is I think no high ceiling.

Wow, does that mean people have to do "lift transfers" to get to the higher floors? That's so troublesome. :)

Alister, u gotta share the view from ur flat in future. 40 storeys... woohoo! :dancingqueen: