Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Alister

Welcome. you from SERS? have you receive any letter to collect key? i only receive a letter regarding the compensation. Anyone else from SERS receive any letter?

What are those metal bars up on the wall for?

Hi Bethel

Those are the metal "teck kor" for hanging yr washing.

Edited by Yel

Hi Alister,

Really like your style, never get pressured into signing a package ^_^

Hi Redhat,

Send you our quotation to you already, please check your email.

Hi Alister,

Really like your style, never get pressured into signing a package ^_^

Hi Redhat,

Send you our quotation to you already, please check your email.

Hi Alister

Welcome. you from SERS? have you receive any letter to collect key? i only receive a letter regarding the compensation. Anyone else from SERS receive any letter?

Hi Bethel

Those are the metal "teck kor" for hanging yr washing.

Hello yel,

I'm frm SERS and we'll be collecting keys next tuesday.... which blk are u currently staying in?? When did you hand in the form for hdb home loan? We submitted around three weeks ago and just got our letter this monday.

Hello yel,

I'm frm SERS and we'll be collecting keys next tuesday.... which blk are u currently staying in?? When did you hand in the form for hdb home loan? We submitted around three weeks ago and just got our letter this monday.

Hi Strawberry_pear, i took a unit in blk d. Currently living at blk 28. I haven't receive any letter regarding hdb home loan.

I only receive a statement of account for the SERS flat which stated is to assist us in the financial planning about the compensation and the retention sum and interim payment. did you receive such a letter before you receive the loan application form?

Edited by Yel

I also SERS. Bought the 3 room in Blk 28 from owner after the annoucement. have to pay above mkt rate for it. luckily never lugi after govt compensation.

I hv not receive any hdb home loan letter as well. Only a letter telling me I will get the keys 4th qty. Nothing new as I can see the same update on HDB site.

Hi Strawberry_pear, i took a unit in blk d. Currently living at blk 28. I haven't receive any letter regarding hdb home loan.

I only receive a statement of account for the SERS flat which stated is to assist us in the financial planning about the compensation and the retention sum and interim payment. did you receive such a letter before you receive the loan application form?

Darry, we are in similar shoes.

My wife expecting in early Jan 08. I will be asking HDB to give me more time to move if necessary. We want to move before CNY (9th Feb 08) but will delay if timing is too tight.

Heard from the HDB officer that SERS occupant are given 4 mths to move on collection of keys.

Hi guys,

Glad to see so many people responding to this thread again.

Anyone knows whether is there a guideline from HDB saying that once you get the key for your new home, you need to complete the renovation within how many months?

I received the same letter from HDB indicating my new home will be ready by 4th Qtr 07. However, my wife is delivering in Dec and I think that it is not a good time to do renovation at that time. Therefore, it is better to start early next year.

I heard from others that renovation between Chinese new year, the contractor tends to be very rush since all the people want to have a new home before CNY. So the workmanship might not be good. Not sure whether it's true, so might only starts after CNY.

Some people has pm me to share the quote I got. So here's one I think is reasonable.

Feel free to comment if you got better pricing.

A. Demolition Works

------------------------

1. Hack off existing wall at mbr (approx 7 ft) - $350

B. Masonary works

----------------------

1. Supply materials & labour to lay 600x600 homogenous floor tiles ****/Dining area (tiles up to $3) 280sqm - $1,960

2. Supply materials & labour to lay 300x300 floor tiles at household shelter - $120

3. Make good of wall at affected area after hacking - $120

4. Supply & construct 1 kitchen cabinet base - $180

5. Supply & construct 1 fridge base - $80

6. Supply & construct 1 washing machine base - $80

C. Laminated floor

---------------------

1. Supply & lay laminated flooring including skirting at 3 bedroom 337sqm - $1,280

A. Cement screeding for Laminated floor to be done by HDB

D. Timber Works

--------------------

1. Supply & install designer veneer door at 3 bedroom w/o door frame (w door knob & aluminium stripes) - $1,120

E. Plumbing work

--------------------

1. Supply & install new inlet/out piping for kitchen sink & washing machine - $180

2. Supply labour to install 1 wash basin at master bedroom - $60

3. Supply labour to install 1 kitchen sink - $80

4. Supply labour to install 2 instant heater - $120

5. Supply labour to intall tap fitting - FOC

6. Supply labour to install shower set - FOC

7. Supply labour to install Accessories & mirror - FOC

F. Ceiling works

-------------------

1. Supply & install false ceiling / L-box light holder ****/Dining area - $1,056

2. Supply & install false ceiling / L-box light holder at Master bedroom - $543

G. Painting works

--------------------

1. Painting whole house wall & ceiling with ICI/Nippon emulsion paint (up to 8 colors) - $1,100

2. Painting of doors, frame & piping - FOC

H. Living & Dining

--------------------

1. Design & fabricate full height feature wall at household shelter approx 8ft - $1,500

2. Design & fabricate feature wall on top T V console approx 6 ft - $1,200

3. Design & fabricate featured wall at dining approx 9ft - $1,750

4. Design & fabricate suspended TV console - $660

I. Bedroom 2

----------------

1. Design & fabricate build-in wardrobe approx 5ft - $1,000

2. Design & fabricate low ht suspended study table cum shelf approx 4 ft - $600

3. To construct 4" platform with wooden structure in laminate flooring finish - $750

J. Master bedroom

----------------------

1. Design & fabricate wooden frame sliding doors wardrobe approx 7ft - $1,450

2. Design & fabricate vanite cabinet with mirror approx 5ft - $450

3. Solid surface top 5 ft - $350

4. To construct 6" platform with wooden structure in laminate flooring finish - $1,500

K. Kitchen Doors

--------------------

1. Supply & install 10mm tempered frosted glass panel swing door at kitchen entrance - $750

2. Supply & install fix panel at entrance area - $150

L. Kitchen cabinet

---------------------

1. Design & fabricate kitchen cabinet - $3,600

M. Solid surface

------------------

1. Supply & install solid surface top at kitchen approx 18ft ($70 psf Asuka) - $1,260

($120 psf for black galaxy granite)

($90 psf for china granite)

N. Cleaning work

---------------------

1. Clearing of debris & haulage - $380

2. Supply * lay corrugated paper for whole house flooring - $120

3. Provide chemical washing for whole house flooring (2 times) - $150

total : $25,979

Hi M&M,

Thanks for the advise. I heard that too. Therefore most likely i will start after CNY. Anyway my baby boy is coming during Christmas. So I also don't have time for the renovation. However. maybe can look around for ID first and discuss about the layout and design and then start after CNY.

Hi Shivan,

I think that although the discount looks attractive, 30%. The most important thing is that their workmanship. It’s no meaning getting 30% discount and later find out there are many defects. Anyway, 3 months for showflat is quite long.

Hi Alister,

Congrats! Like what M&M has said. Try not to renovate just before CNY. There are a lot of people rushing to complete their renovation during that time and so quality might not be good. Furthermore your wife is delivering during Jan. I heard old people say that try not to renovate your house during pregnancy.

I also SERS. Bought the 3 room in Blk 28 from owner after the annoucement. have to pay above mkt rate for it. luckily never lugi after govt compensation.

I hv not receive any hdb home loan letter as well. Only a letter telling me I will get the keys 4th qty. Nothing new as I can see the same update on HDB site.

Hi

I have been living at blk 28 for let me see hmm 23 years wow.. hahaha so long.

i got the loan letter already, will be submitting tomorrow.. i called HDB but the officer told me contractor have not release blk D key to HDB yet... :(

anyone heard of the suicidal case yesterday at one of the block!:(:dancingqueen:

really???? is there news weblink for that? Any idea what is the block number?