Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

hi guys, i think somebody should really write to LTA or straits times about the "standard" of MRT and bus services in Singapore..Look at hong kong..

MTR: there is always a lit LED route map that shows u the next stop and where to change lines clearly...

In singapore, the announcement is either inaudible or TOO LOUD...

Buses: there is a display that shows where is the next stop...you wouldn't miss a stop on the route!

moreover the LCD screen is bigger and most importantly, the video NEVER SKIPS EVER

talking about world class...sigh....singapore is not as tourist friendly..even locals find it sooo difficult to take public transport...sigh...

Thanks for volunteering, Happy. =)

Hi....anyone fixed a rainshower system for both master and common bathroom? We intend to buy the rainshower type but overall length for the rod (which needs to be mounted on the wall) inc the hose is 1.5m...if im not wrong theres a boxed up at the ceiling in the bathroom so not sure if this length cld be fixed on the wall.

As Teka is having sales now which is ending soooon .....we intend to purchase the shower set and mixer. pls advise the posibilities pls......thanks!!

Not me. Was told my water pressure is not high enough.

Hi future neighbours.. i have a few questions not sure if anyone can help me with..

1) the loan application form, do we have to complete Part (II) Particulars of Occupiers for purpose of Credit Assessment if me & my hubby are the only occupiers of the flat?

2) do we have to complete the HLE loan eligibilty online?

Thanks in advance! Cheers

1) No

2) No

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi....anyone fixed a rainshower system for both master and common bathroom? We intend to buy the rainshower type but overall length for the rod (which needs to be mounted on the wall) inc the hose is 1.5m...if im not wrong theres a boxed up at the ceiling in the bathroom so not sure if this length cld be fixed on the wall.

As Teka is having sales now which is ending soooon .....we intend to purchase the shower set and mixer. pls advise the posibilities pls......thanks!!

I have installed one, but only for the MBR toilet. I am at the 31st floor and water pressure is ok...you won't get thunderstorm type of rain, but slow and light shower, just about right... :yamseng:

BUT, you are very right about the boxed ceiling! If your rainshower system does not have an adjustable height or does not readily fit into the wall, you cannot use it! We were tempterd to see so many different designs initially, but good thing I measured the allowance first and the salesperson confirmed that the fixed length ones cannot be use as they cannot fit. Yes I know what you are thinking...maybe can saw the rod, right? No, you cannot do that either. So in the end, we settled for an adjustable rod that has to be connected seperately with the mixer through a hose. it won't be as nice as the all-in-one system, but it still looks quite impressive lah :good:

No lar to be fair, everybody the same. The Lor 8 estate next to bradell entry belongs to Potong Pasir TC, if they enter they also need to pay. So no diff between the support. There is no free lunch in this world.

aiyah..whatever TC it belongs, TPY is for residents!! if it's so difficult, i strongly encourage all industries in TPY, including HDB HUB, to get out & leave this neighbourhood. and if there're still too many cars, can we be blamed that there're a lot of residents from Lor 1 to Lor 8? Why get us penalised for staying in TPY?

though i'm not a driver, taking cab is already a killer.. seriously can't imagine how long this "ERP will help ease traffic" nonsense ever going to end. i've not seen any improvement in CTE. perhaps they shld just deter Singaporeans from buying cars by increasing the COE again.

and since there's no free lunch, pls think of a way to make the already miserable living lifestyle better. soon GST will increase to 10%, which is their goal.

Edited by ms_white

It been a long time I come here...

Anyone here got a door to garang guni to me... Just wana try DIY spray painting it to cut cost...

By the way, My place still not reno yet. Life sux.

Also any body did anything to conceal the casement window to the aircon ledge?

Happy New Year Everybody.

Edited by nakazoru

aiyah..whatever TC it belongs, TPY is for residents!! if it's so difficult, i strongly encourage all industries in TPY, including HDB HUB, to get out & leave this neighbourhood. and if there're still too many cars, can we be blamed that there're a lot of residents from Lor 1 to Lor 8? Why get us penalised for staying in TPY?

though i'm not a driver, taking cab is already a killer.. seriously can't imagine how long this "ERP will help ease traffic" nonsense ever going to end. i've not seen any improvement in CTE. perhaps they shld just deter Singaporeans from buying cars by increasing the COE again.

and since there's no free lunch, pls think of a way to make the already miserable living lifestyle better. soon GST will increase to 10%, which is their goal.

Seems like gonna the gantries are gonna expand to causeway anytime to ease traffic lslandwide. !!

But seriously, getting a flat in a neighbourhood town nearer to CBD, doesn't justify the gantry based on the price paid for the flat. Also on the limited entry and exit route to TPY, i believe this may be the possible problem for the "congestion".

I'm my wife's driver and i bought TPY becos my wife worked along Braddell Road so that she can sleep longer. Imagine my shock about the new gantry. :sport-smiley-004:

Let's say if 50% of current drivers sold their cars to take public transport, will there be human gantries at MRT, bus interchange, heavy human traffic pavement (Orchard Rd) to ease "traffic" in the future. (provided we keep the transport fares constant based on our renowed level of complaining) :sport-smiley-004:

But i do hope that the TPY resident's vehicle's IU can be registered under TPY zone and can pass through the TPY gantry w/o any $$. :jawdrop:

ERP Gantry in Toa Payoh being voiced out in today Today

Share your thoughts, LTA

Letter from JOHN LUCAS

I’M SURE everyone who drives along Toa

Payoh Lorong 6 shares the same frustration

and bewilderment as Oscar Lee expressed

in his letter, “Rude shock: ERP on doorstep”

(Jan 10).

New gantries are being erected all over

Singapore and the tolls are increasing. It is

easy to conclude from this strategy that

the only objective is to collect additional revenue,

but there may be factors we are not

aware of that will make these changes seem

more reasonable.

In view of all the frustration, this may

be the best opportunity for a representative

from the Land Transport Authority (LTA)

to share their thoughts in this very important

discussion and help us understand

the strategy of this move, in a simplified explanation,

how this new gantry will reduce

congestion on the CTE.

New roads demand higher costs. If the

gantry revenue is targeted for a permanent solution

in this area, I’m sure it would ease the

pain suffered during the transition period.

But if no plans are on the table, then

the gantry becomes a simple deterrent to

reduce all road traffic and is basically used

to motivate drivers to find alternative

transportation.

This would require a concurrent increase

in the number of buses, bus routes

and trains to maintain the same flow of

people during the peak period.

We are all working very hard to build a

stronger economy in Singapore and efficient,

low-cost transportation is paramount to our

success.

I hope the LTA can appreciate this request

and provide us with a snapshot of

their long-term strategy that will accommodate

both the traffic today and a

50- per-cent increase in the near future.

Edited by Redwyrm

wooo, got my loan application letter. sooooo goooood..... I think neighbours from 79A will be getting theirs soon... :good:

wooo, got my loan application letter. sooooo goooood..... I think neighbours from 79A will be getting theirs soon... :seeya:

so you mean you got the appointment date to collect your keys? When is it? Congrats to you :good:

Hi everyone. 79B (90sqm) reporting, noob to this forum. Great to see so many here in this thread. 100 pages! Donno how I am gonna read everything. Impossible to catch up on 2 years of posts.

I just got my keys a couple of days ago and of course I had to go over immediately. Actually the keys came a bit earlier than expected and I still haven't finalised things. Suddenly hafta hurry up big time. Don't even know how to choose contractors/ID from so many out there. Maybe I'll start a t-blog.

I have 2 friends, one in 79C (currently renovating) and one in 79A (no keys yet I think).

Hi everyone. 79B (90sqm) reporting, noob to this forum. Great to see so many here in this thread. 100 pages! Donno how I am gonna read everything. Impossible to catch up on 2 years of posts.

I just got my keys a couple of days ago and of course I had to go over immediately. Actually the keys came a bit earlier than expected and I still haven't finalised things. Suddenly hafta hurry up big time. Don't even know how to choose contractors/ID from so many out there. Maybe I'll start a t-blog.

I have 2 friends, one in 79C (currently renovating) and one in 79A (no keys yet I think).

Hey,

Welcome! Welcome!

Spend some time read thru e forum other threads, u wil find very useful tips, infos & lobangs.

Regarding e 79 thread, u may wana try 2 read frm mid yr 07 onwards.

Dunoe how 2 choose ID or contractors? Y dun u check with ur frnd who's unit is currently renovating? u can olso team up with ur e other frnd, go hunting 2gether lah.

Btw, fyi, e postal code for blk 79 is 315079.

Cheers.

Thanks jaCKY777 for the welcome and advice. My 79C fren had a bit of tension with her ID, so I'm not sure if I want to check them... Besides I hope to do mine up in a colonial/shabby-chic style, so not sure which ID is comfortable/confident in helping us (mainly concerned about the built-in cabinet styles). I don't go for the minimalist look.

I think 79B is 312. 79E should be 315. The standard block is 310xxx, but ours has A-E so the 3rd digit is used to show that.

Thanks jaCKY777 for the welcome and advice. My 79C fren had a bit of tension with her ID, so I'm not sure if I want to check them... Besides I hope to do mine up in a colonial/shabby-chic style, so not sure which ID is comfortable/confident in helping us (mainly concerned about the built-in cabinet styles). I don't go for the minimalist look.

I think 79B is 312. 79E should be 315. The standard block is 310xxx, but ours has A-E so the 3rd digit is used to show that.

:o jus checked with my fellow neighbour abt e postal code thingy. Yes, u r rite, i'm frm E dats y 315 :D

Wher got ID or contractor dun wana offer their services wen can earn $$$ :seeya:

If u cant find any & got alot $$$ to spend, mayb can cum lok 4 mi, i do 4 u. :P:):deal:

:good:

Edited by jaCKY777

Just want to add what JaCKY777 has stated..there are really alot of useful info here and on other threads\topics..you need some time to go through some of the post. I have been going through this site everyday since i first registered and I have gained alot of insight on reno process, fengshui and maintaining the house.. :good:

Hopefully you will find the info you need and lastly, i can said that there are alot of helpful people around giving wonderful advice..

:seeya:

wooo, got my loan application letter. sooooo goooood..... I think neighbours from 79A will be getting theirs soon... :yamseng:

Wow congrats... after u submit ur loan letter should be abt 2 to 3 weeks u r able to get ur keys..

:dancingqueen:

Wow congrats... after u submit ur loan letter should be abt 2 to 3 weeks u r able to get ur keys..

:dancingqueen:

Like dat huh :curse:

2-3 wks time is CNY de le. Might s well delay til late Feb08 or early Mar08 then collect keys.

:yamseng: