Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

just want to ask some of u here, did you all choose the homo. type with veins or no veins?

I have choosen tiles with veins....

My ID have instructed the tiler to follow the veins in a certain direction

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hey euph0bear,

i kinda slow. Yah saw ur earlier post on e tile range. :furious:

Yah. work within ur budget. In terms of pricing, durability, lifespan, esthetic etc u decide e best option which best suits u loh.

Aniway, postform worktop r e in-thing in e olden days. Not saying its no gd, jus dat during olden days >10yrs ago, it is cheaper lah. Mayb solid surface havnt even born yet. :dancingqueen:

My current kitchen worktop is postform worktop, had been using it >10yrs. Stil in good condtion (touch wood hor). In fact, e laminate finish of postform worktop is more resistant 2 scratches etc than solid surface.

:dancingqueen:

Yup, that's another reason (other than cost) why I chose solid ply postform worktop. More scratch resistant and if something real hot was put on top of it, there won't be a hole (melted due to heat) on the worktop.

so for instant heater, i need to have 1 set per toilet right??? i'm using instant heater for now so never know of the cons of storage heater...if based on the above feedback, i think i will go for instant heater already...

hi guys, anyone tried installing an instant heater in the kitchen? does it work?

i'm not into storage heaters as we don't use long baths and water pressure should be fine i guess..

Just now spoke to my neighbour who also from a 4 rm flat. He told me his electricity bill is 350!!!! He will be going to SP services to ask morrow.

I have already emailed Sp services. I think all of us should feedback on the strange huge jump in our bills....

Dear neighbors, any lobang for PE?

I have 2 sides of walls that needs hackings.

Think any PE will do as long as its cheap cos

basically wat they do is to approve only...

anyone with any lobang?? !! :notti:

Just now spoke to my neighbour who also from a 4 rm flat. He told me his electricity bill is 350!!!! He will be going to SP services to ask morrow.

I have already emailed Sp services. I think all of us should feedback on the strange huge jump in our bills....

Received mine. Cost $79 and there wasnt any reno over the CNY period. Weird!

I have choosen tiles with veins....

My ID have instructed the tiler to follow the veins in a certain direction

Without veins for me. =)

mine also with no veins. fear irregular veins pattern.

the tile feel is quite different, those 2.80 type seem a little matt.

i chose the $3.40 type, high gloss, duno whether it will maintain its gloss after prolong use.

haiz....

ask u guys here, when u all do carpentary, ur ID collect the money when they start to measure or when you see those carpentary move up your house(haven't install)?

mine also with no veins. fear irregular veins pattern.

the tile feel is quite different, those 2.80 type seem a little matt.

i chose the $3.40 type, high gloss, duno whether it will maintain its gloss after prolong use.

haiz....

ask u guys here, when u all do carpentary, ur ID collect the money when they start to measure or when you see those carpentary move up your house(haven't install)?

Usually is upon completion of the carpentry works (and of course you're satisfied with it) then you make the payment.

hi neighbours...anyone can share whats the BTU purchased for living room aircon and BTU for MBR (i hacked the wall of the common room to combine with MBR).....Tot of getting 2 compressors...hmm a bit confused now....and anyone knows if theres a limit to the BTU HDB flats can use???

Usually is upon completion of the carpentry works (and of course you're satisfied with it) then you make the payment.

hey hey, hmm.. i m not talking about the last 10% payment.

but the 10, 40, 40, 10, the 2nd 40%... is it paid at the end of carpentary or during measurement?

hi neighbours...anyone can share whats the BTU purchased for living room aircon and BTU for MBR (i hacked the wall of the common room to combine with MBR).....Tot of getting 2 compressors...hmm a bit confused now....and anyone knows if theres a limit to the BTU HDB flats can use???

without hacking, the living room (recommended) is 18000 but to be safe 21000 is better, have neigbh putting 18000 then only breezy, not cold air...MBR without hack(9000), since u hack, i think go for 18000?

hey hey, hmm.. i m not talking about the last 10% payment.

but the 10, 40, 40, 10, the 2nd 40%... is it paid at the end of carpentary or during measurement?

without hacking, the living room (recommended) is 18000 but to be safe 21000 is better, have neigbh putting 18000 then only breezy, not cold air...MBR without hack(9000), since u hack, i think go for 18000?

Yup.

10% confirmation of renovation works

40% completion of flooring and wetworks

40% completion of carpentry

10% Handling over of flat/keys

The carpentry 40% is indeed paid after its completion.

just want to ask some of u here, did you all choose the homo. type with veins or no veins?

Tile shop tauke said, if choose homo tiles with veins, they must be arrange in 1 direction only. This gives them less leeway in aligning your tiles, hence more difficult to ensure level/smooth tiling.

Yup.

10% confirmation of renovation works

40% completion of flooring and wetworks

40% completion of carpentry

10% Handling over of flat/keys

The carpentry 40% is indeed paid after its completion.

suddenly very sad liao. mine is commencement of carpentary...zzzz..

my ID company is very 'special'/.

evrything commencement of something, pay 1st.

fortunately, everything so far so good,

just that the reno. is taking a long time.

haa..

Tile shop tauke said, if choose homo tiles with veins, they must be arrange in 1 direction only. This gives them less leeway in aligning your tiles, hence more difficult to ensure level/smooth tiling.

icic.. i want it plain initially as in no veins but my id said homo. tiles with veins are made to look like marble..nicer.if plain ones will look like ceramic tiles.

in the end, i choose one with very minimal veins...cos plain ones are sold out.. kns...I booked those plain one months ago, tile shop 'gave' my tiles away cos wrong order number on their side..like that also can..

in the end, id 'compensate' me with a slightly higher price tile. we are layman, i can't really tell the diff. hiak.

Common practice of payments ->

10% upon confirmation of contract

40% before commencement of works

40% before commencement of carpentry

10% upon completion of works

:dunno:

Common practice of payments ->

10% upon confirmation of contract

40% before commencement of works

40% before commencement of carpentry

10% upon completion of works

:dunno:

i think different company have diff rules..