Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

Hi fellow neighbours!

Newbie from Blk 79B reporting after 9 posts elsewhere mostly asking about Ikea GRUNDTAL range!

Anyhow shocked to hear about the sudden high bills on the 2nd month despite controlling usage :notti: Seems like I have to follow-up on my meter liao.... :~

By the way, who is still having the most updated list on who is in which block? Also remembered reading that the list included who supported which EPL soccer club as well. :P Maybe someone is kind enough to help post it up again so that we can all update it? :~ (Wah to go through 119 pages of messages is no joke man! :()

Anyways, hope to meet you all in person soon! Feel free to PM me as well!

:rofl:

Ptro

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
all the bills are getting shocking, how could that be? they anyhow estimate the reading is it? I think I will record the meter reading everyday till the bill comes and compare against it.

I'm wondering if it could be due to the renovation works?

Don't think reno has such great impact. My utility bill during reno cost S$7plus in Dec & Jan and S$13plus for Feb only leh. Imagine i gotta on aircon every night leh and will my bill will hit S$300?? :paint::yamseng:

it may be. dec and jan bill may just be an estimate where they took reference from the previous month. it was quite impossible to have only a few dollar on our bill during reno month.

they may have just sent someone to read the actual meter reading and recon back the diff. i use to keep track of the how often they do this at my parent's place. Seems like they read the meter on alternate month. the other months, they gave us an estimates.

Hey neighbours,

below is an xtract frm earlier post, had not been updated since, fyi & necessary actions. :dunno::P

Blk 79A

sushibabe, sha08ron, justnoop, rickyer8, coco_mybibi, apple68, soudezne, poohnie23, HarryP, whiteboxer, Skywu, Shivan, Darkwing, cece, TPY, rachel79, euph0bear

Blk 79B

bonkitty, twotwobravo, jen t, carelinwen & craB, Slog, gui99, Redhat, janicezuzu, will&pet, REDCRYSTAL, joelex, rofffade, lcylim, Ptro

Blk 79C

doremi, humster / nancy, meowie49, Bethel, Derrick, Stardust, almonddust, M&M, strawberry_pear, Platonic1, joesphine, zanie98, gadgetman, nakazoru, sdale, Isabelle

BLk 79D

Yel, yingsan, droplets, Ikoice, pink_sea79, Zeester, Mario, Snuffleupagus, tension_z, rainbow04, alister, ms_white, shay_d, dino, xinni, tweakmax, aural, pregopia

Blk 79E

Mapleleaf, hobbes, axis, Happy, kiwy, Darry, Skyblueie, Ebing & Chrispy, marklim, jaCKY777, meepok, babymaro2003

Blk 79A

sushibabe, sha08ron, justnoop, rickyer8, coco_mybibi, apple68, soudezne, poohnie23, HarryP, whiteboxer, Skywu, Shivan, Darkwing, cece, TPY, rachel79, euph0bear

Blk 79B

bonkitty, twotwobravo, jen t, carelinwen & craB, Slog, gui99, Redhat, janicezuzu, will&pet, REDCRYSTAL, joelex, rofffade, lcylim, Ptro, Liana79B

Blk 79C

doremi, humster / nancy, meowie49, Bethel, Derrick, Stardust, almonddust, M&M, strawberry_pear, Platonic1, joesphine, zanie98, gadgetman, nakazoru, sdale, Isabelle

BLk 79D

Yel, yingsan, droplets, Ikoice, pink_sea79, Zeester, Mario, Snuffleupagus, tension_z, rainbow04, alister, ms_white, shay_d, dino, xinni, tweakmax, aural, pregopia

Blk 79E

Mapleleaf, hobbes, axis, Happy, kiwy, Darry, Skyblueie, Ebing & Chrispy, marklim, jaCKY777, meepok, babymaro2003

i think i know why all the bills are so high...i was tidying my documents and realized that we need to put a $100/$150 deposit for SP services...

so maybe this deposit is included in all the recent bills??? meaning your actual bill is the amount after deducting this deposit...

i may be wrong lah... :)

i think i know why all the bills are so high...i was tidying my documents and realized that we need to put a $100/$150 deposit for SP services...

so maybe this deposit is included in all the recent bills??? meaning your actual bill is the amount after deducting this deposit...

i may be wrong lah... :)

Nope...my $300 bill in Feb does not show any deposit amount...but I think I have come to a more sensisble conclusion after going through some of my bills from September 07 to Feb 08. I am just concentrating on the Electricity bill as this is the main item on my utilities bill so far:

Bill as at 20 Sept, Opening and Actual reading: 5

Bill as at 20 Nov, Estimated: 13

Bill as at 20 Jan, Estimated: 50

Bill as at 20 Feb: Actual: 1033!!

My check on the meter yesterday: 1152

Although the records above may not be complete, you can tell easily that from the opening of the account to the bill in 20 Jan, there was no actual reading taken at all by SP Services - all are unrealistic estimates! This means to say that all the power consumption during the course of my renovation from September to December are not truly reflected. The same goes from the consumption after my move in from late December till 20 Jan. The bill in 20 Feb is therefore basically an accumulation of all my electricity consumption for the past few months!

Soudezne: Avartar updated as requested!

Edited by gadgetman

main reason is due to my chef (aka mom) wants it. :)

actually it's more due to it being more safer than conventional cookers, as old folk tends to be forgetful and clumsy.

as for the side effects by magnetic waves, tis i have no idea but then it should not be worse than microwaves oven right?

anyway thanks for the magnetic waves info, will look into tis.

hi red crystal. if u're more concerned abt safety, my ex-colleague bought 4 her mom last time a normal gas cooker but come w special detector. if it sense that the gas is on but there is no fire, it will auto cut off the gas supply. it's $$$ but safe and hassle free. sorry u might hv 2 do more research on this cos 1 can't remember the brand as it was quite some time back.

Blk 79A

Blk 79B

bonkitty, twotwobravo, jen t, carelinwen & craB, Slog, gui99, Redhat, janicezuzu, will&pet, REDCRYSTAL, joelex, rofffade, lcylim, Ptro, Liana79B, Yeoman

Blk 79C

BLk 79D

Blk 79E

Blk 79A

Blk 79B

bonkitty, twotwobravo, jen t, carelinwen & craB, Slog, gui99, Redhat, janicezuzu, will&pet, REDCRYSTAL, joelex, rofffade, lcylim, Ptro, Liana79B, Yeoman

Blk 79C

BLk 79D

Yel, yingsan, droplets, Ikoice, pink_sea79, Zeester, Mario, Snuffleupagus, tension_z, rainbow04, alister, ms_white, shay_d, dino, xinni, tweakmax, aural, pregopia, a_star

Blk 79E

Added myself to the list :)

Blk 79A

sushibabe, sha08ron, justnoop, rickyer8, coco_mybibi, apple68, soudezne, poohnie23, HarryP, whiteboxer, Skywu, Shivan, Darkwing, cece, TPY, rachel79, euph0bear, alexneock

Blk 79B

Blk 79C

BLk 79D

Yel, yingsan, droplets, Ikoice, pink_sea79, Zeester, Mario, Snuffleupagus, tension_z, rainbow04, alister, ms_white, shay_d, dino, xinni, tweakmax, aural, pregopia, a_star

Blk 79E

Hi 79A Kakis, I believe some of those staying @79A had collected keys around this time

will have their Reno started as well.

Most probably will be able to shift in around April, right?

Now my concern, is it good to move in around Chinese QingMing Festival?

I heard from some old folks, shifting around QingMing & Ghost Month is not advisable.

kind to share your views & comments.

:)

Great update guys! :rofl:

Thanks to Jacky for finding the old post of listing out! :notti:

Keep those updates coming in! :notti:

Blk 79A

sushibabe, sha08ron, justnoop, rickyer8, coco_mybibi, apple68, soudezne, poohnie23, HarryP, whiteboxer, Skywu, Shivan, Darkwing, cece, TPY, rachel79, euph0bear, alexneock

Blk 79B

Blk 79C

BLk 79D

Blk 79E

hi red crystal. if u're more concerned abt safety, my ex-colleague bought 4 her mom last time a normal gas cooker but come w special detector. if it sense that the gas is on but there is no fire, it will auto cut off the gas supply. it's $$$ but safe and hassle free. sorry u might hv 2 do more research on this cos 1 can't remember the brand as it was quite some time back.

Hi meow_:notti:, thanks for the info.

already brought 2 single unit of induction cooker instead of 1unit of 2 cooker.

in case induction cooker no good to use, $$$ wise not too ex as damage is less than $400.

Hi 79A Kakis, I believe some of those staying @79A had collected keys around this time

will have their Reno started as well.

Most probably will be able to shift in around April, right?

Now my concern, is it good to move in around Chinese QingMing Festival?

I heard from some old folks, shifting around QingMing & Ghost Month is not advisable.

kind to share your views & comments.

:notti:

Hi rachel79,

actually qingming and ghost month also got good dates for shifting.

it really depends on you whether you are comfortable with it.

if you hv fsm ask him/her for a good date lor.