Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

Hi Dino

Sorry for the late reply... Havent won the war yet... Not even the war with hubby about which ID to choose... I think we have at least scaled down to only Eesy from Substance and Alex from Summit. Alex's price also very competitive and dun have hidden costs. The only prob is I cannot compare line items for my quote coz Mr Eesy refuses to let me bring back his quotation.. Aiyoh.... Why cannot leh? If his price is the lowest, why cannot let us bring back to compare leh?

Ms White, Dino:

Do you encounter the same prob?

After choosing the ID, still have the war on what to do for reno, what tiles to choose, what colours.... seems like a never ending war.... :P

Strawberry

When are you going to China? Gonna miss you on the forum and meeting up with you... :wub: Are you still going for the Jill Lowe thingy tonite?

Everybody:

Jia You! Looking forward to the day where everyone moves in and we can officially be neighbours! (^_^) :P

hi zanie~

no, we didn't encounter this problem cos we didn't request to bring the quotation back until we signed & confirmed with them. eesy's not the only one who does it, leonard also cos i met chrispy & ebing last night and they couldn't bring the quotation back too. probably it's their policy. go with ur instincts and comfort level to sign up with your ID. if both are competitive, who do u prefer? so far, eesy has been doing very well with us..very accomodating as well. :wub:

oh..jill lowe.. !!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

attended jill lowe's talk some years back...about dressing and personal grooming...she will tell us what colours we are suitable, got spring, summer etc colours based on our skin colours....not bad lah...interesting....

:P

Ello and Congratulations!:P HAppy days are here to come!!

Thanks Ms_white & strawberry_pear... can't wait to start my renovation soon...

Looks like I'm going to be in for a shock :wub: or disappointment.. :bleah: since I hv not really seen how small the 4rm is yet... only saw strawberry_pear's place during the last outing..

Let me know ya if any of you finish the renovation..then i can kaypoh kaypoh go and take a look at your place... I can't go now cos the elderly folks tell me cannot see renovation works when preggy.. :wub: .. so sian... !!

Dat day wen i was at my new blk, discovered my new neighbour is the 1st & only 1 who had collected e key for e entire blk, & started with renov. Wen i tried 2 start a conversation, aiyo, dunoe wat 2 describe, mayb i not handsum or mayb i lok like a contractor, he is proud & dun wana chat with me :wub:

Had olso seen sum renov, but mostly at e early stage. Mayb i shd go dn sats afternoon, so dat can make new frnds & 'copy design'. :P

Hi jacky,

Why your new neighbour is the only one who got key for the entire block? Which block (A-E) is that?

!!

Looks like I'm going to be in for a shock :notti: or disappointment.. :notti: since I hv not really seen how small the 4rm is yet... only saw strawberry_pear's place during the last outing..

Let me know ya if any of you finish the renovation..then i can kaypoh kaypoh go and take a look at your place... I can't go now cos the elderly folks tell me cannot see renovation works when preggy.. :bleah: .. so sian... :wub:

ahh..congrats! :P maybe you can get hand-me-down bb stuff from alister (who's getting some from strawberry_pear soon).

slowly circulate the whole block, like pass the parcel

at first, i thought your english had improved until i read on and especially the last sentence......

usually, if there's any activities by RC, there will be flyers to inform us, not through forum......

and please, keep away from our houses......we don't wanna be 'warned'~~~

this forumer is very very weird...

Hi Sushibabe

Let's give this guy a chance. I called my friend who just left the RC and she told me it is possible this guy is real.

Looks like I'm going to be in for a shock :wub: or disappointment.. :bleah: since I hv not really seen how small the 4rm is yet... only saw strawberry_pear's place during the last outing..

Let me know ya if any of you finish the renovation..then i can kaypoh kaypoh go and take a look at your place... I can't go now cos the elderly folks tell me cannot see renovation works when preggy.. :wub: .. so sian... !!

Hi Snuffleupagus

Congrats ! When's ur EDD ? My wife 1st wk of Jan. My wife went hse hopping with me as well . We just make sure no workers working in the hse when we step in. If you like, u can drop by my flat as currently only cement screeding is being done by HDB contractor. Actual renovation not started yet.

Hi Dino

Sorry for the late reply... Havent won the war yet... Not even the war with hubby about which ID to choose... I think we have at least scaled down to only Eesy from Substance and Alex from Summit. Alex's price also very competitive and dun have hidden costs. The only prob is I cannot compare line items for my quote coz Mr Eesy refuses to let me bring back his quotation.. Aiyoh.... Why cannot leh? If his price is the lowest, why cannot let us bring back to compare leh?

Actually for me, I will not give the business to any firm that has such policies as I will think there is some hidden agenda. But then so many neighbours are fine with it, so individual preference.

Hi strawberry_pear,

It is good for you to be more careful, you should not trust me before we meet right, I think the best place for us to meet is at the rc centre, I will try to fix a date for our meeting, maybe tomorrow I go walk around the block.

I mean, the funding of the house warming is not for one unit by one unit, it is a group house warming, we will cater the food and maybe some programme, the venue should be at the sky garden or the roof top garden. We have the $$$ to fund but of cause is limited with budget, that will depend on number of you people response and first come first serve. It is possible to have Dr Ng Eng Hen to be GOH if you guy welcome him and the date is right for him.

Are your keen?

Hi TPCRC2

Can I have your name so that I can check with my friend and let the neighbours know whether you are real ? Sorry for being suspicious as there are alot of contractors lurking around looking for business and we only welcome geniune neighbours.

ahh..congrats! :wub: maybe you can get hand-me-down bb stuff from alister (who's getting some from strawberry_pear soon).

slowly circulate the whole block, like pass the parcel

Hi Snuffleupagus

Congrats ! When's ur EDD ? My wife 1st wk of Jan. My wife went hse hopping with me as well . We just make sure no workers working in the hse when we step in. If you like, u can drop by my flat as currently only cement screeding is being done by HDB contractor. Actual renovation not started yet.

Thanks Carelinwen & Alister...

My EDD Apr next yr still long way to go..... going to find out the gender next week... if girl girl then can get from Alister/Strawberry_pear the bb stuffs...

Alister, will let u know if I'm going over ... most prob during the weekends....

Edited by Snuffleupagus

Thanks Carelinwen & Alister...

My EDD Apr next yr still long way to go..... going to find out the gender next week... if girl girl then can get from Alister/Strawberry_pear the bb stuffs...

Alister, will let u know if I'm going over ... most prob during the weekends....

Got boy boy olso ok as my first is a boy boy.

Hi all,

I happened to chance upon this web and thought of saying hello to all my future neighbours.

I'm at Blk E..unit 65! I've just received my Loan application form. According to the OIC from HDB, I should be collecting my key not later then end Nov. Yippeeeee...very excited :wub:

suddenly i feel that we will be living in a modern high-rise kampong...with neighbours guarding each other, kids playing with kids...childhood friends...nice~

hi zanie~

no, we didn't encounter this problem cos we didn't request to bring the quotation back until we signed & confirmed with them. eesy's not the only one who does it, leonard also cos i met chrispy & ebing last night and they couldn't bring the quotation back too. probably it's their policy. go with ur instincts and comfort level to sign up with your ID. if both are competitive, who do u prefer? so far, eesy has been doing very well with us..very accomodating as well. :P

oh..jill lowe.. :dunno:

ya lor.... met leonard last night... he wun give us the quotation... but we do get a list of "things to do" without the price breakdown lor. I must say his quotation is quite attractive, those which i wanted to do in the initial stage but was later removed due to budget constraint was included in leonard's quotation and all are kept within our budget. He gives us till next week to consider lor... Now chrispy n I r having headache... :dancingqueen:

Hi all,

I happened to chance upon this web and thought of saying hello to all my future neighbours.

I'm at Blk E..unit 65! I've just received my Loan application form. According to the OIC from HDB, I should be collecting my key not later then end Nov. Yippeeeee...very excited :dancingqueen:

congrats! me too...just got it....have u submitted the loan application?

did u fill up the monthly income for your wife/ husband as well?

since they are only assessing the amt of $ we can borrow, just 1 person's income will be enough right?

are they going to assess whether we are eligible for housing loan? since we already passed that stage ya?

finally confirmed to start my reno on Monday! some of you got keys later but start reno already! time to catch up. haha

selecting my tiles (at hafari) & lights etc tmr at balestia. Anyone got any recommendations or things to look out for? so 'kan jiong' now. hahaha.. yea!

congrats! me too...just got it....have u submitted the loan application?

did u fill up the monthly income for your wife/ husband as well?

since they are only assessing the amt of $ we can borrow, just 1 person's income will be enough right?

are they going to assess whether we are eligible for housing loan? since we already passed that stage ya?

hi Happy!, if ur current concern is both u and ur spouse's income has exceeded 8k over these 2yrs of waiting..clarifications will be better made with HDB. the loan application will once again determine if we're eligible to take HDB loan...and upon collection of keys, they'll update ur current salary as well.