Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

Hi Alister and Ms White,

We are waiting for the key collection of he RC Center at Blk 78 C #01-81, any reno ideal for the best usage for the residents, Karaoke club/ Movie Screening and workshop seminar with projector? I saw somebody say she want to start a reading class for children? Tution class room?

Please give ideal. all are welcome

Dear Jacky777,

we do no control prices, some shop operator are friendly and they give discount to our residents.

we are the grassroot around this area and make friends around but not all-rounded, some shop operator are very tao, they don't like us, don't know why, maybe our resident complain too much on the shop operator and they though we complain, very bai dan lay.

We have given the RC Chairman name and contact no to Alister.

Not sure how to PM, first time in this type of forum lay.

You can drop us a e-mail to tpcrc2@gmail.com, our RC is located at Blk 179 #01-462, new branch will be at Blk 78C waiting for key collection.

Hi TPCRC2,

Few questions,

Since there are few RC around the area, what do you think Blk 78 C #01-81 should be??? As we are not sure what RC nearby are providing what serivces/facilities - the same or what this space should be use for?

We appreciate "somebody" say she wants to start a reading class for the children.

The RC Chairman name and contact number are available on the website as "somebody" had mentioned for the BLK79 warming.

Can you explain why you are using @gmail.com instead of ...@... gov ... ??? Thank you.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

:P

Hi TPCRC2,

Few questions,

Since there are few RC around the area, what do you think Blk 78 C #01-81 should be??? As we are not sure what RC nearby are providing what serivces/facilities - the same or what this space should be use for?

We appreciate "somebody" say she wants to start a reading class for the children.

The RC Chairman name and contact number are available on the website as "somebody" had mentioned for the BLK79 warming.

Can you explain why you are using @gmail.com instead of ...@... gov ... ??? Thank you.

er xinni...the "somebody" is strawberry_pear, whereby i believe she was referring to having a chinese storytelling session for us closer neighbours who have kids...dun think she meant for the RC.. :P

in which, i also wonder why it's @gmail.com...

hey snufflepagus,

hope that bb and u are fine... do take more broccoli, salmon,dairy products and dha pills now so tat bb will be healthy. btw, not only clothes can lend u, also Medela PIS dual breastpump set, bayb sarong sling and breastfeeding clothes... shld u need reading materials, can try to read "What to expect when u are expecting", "The happiest baby on the block", "Ask Supernanny"... these books will help u to prepare urself for ur new bb, how to cope using different methods and some of the methods are really gd!! ;)

if u interested in coming to any of our hse's dun worry but do sms us in advance and maybe we can tell u if there are works going on. if there are, then maybe not as convenient. if there aren't then u can then drop by!! !! :P

hahahhahah true!! "Alister the Reno Guru"!!

but thanks alister, though i've bought most of the things i needed liao however, these info really useful!!good job bro!

strawberry_pear shall set up "Mummy-to-be Consultation Service" :P

Alister shall be "Ask Alister - The Reno Guru" !!

Gadgetman & strawberry_pear, earlier dino and I went to Lookz & ***, didn't find anything that catches our attention leh...how ah? i'm thinking of buying the items ourselves instead of following ID...Lookz was filled with customers accompanied by ID...I wonder how much kopi $$ was factored into the price we've to pay... :(

Btw, has anyone gone to Asia Excel along Balestier Rd, newly opened & giving cheaper retail price + discount than their other outlet in IMM? It's beside Lookz & Sparco... $160+ (after discount) for a Baron (not the beer) brand WC, reasonable?

Edited by ms_white

Hi all neighbours

This is the email from the RC chairperson. I will check with my friend to confirm the information.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Alister Lau,

Welcome all of you to Toa Payoh Central neighbourhood community. Blk 79 will be included in our RC Zone in 2008 and the Block include Blk 175, 177 to 179, 183 to 186, 191, 193 and Blk 69 to 73, with Blk 78 and 79, total number of block will be 23 block with 3rms to 5 rms HDB Flat consist of 2,500 hundred household. The New RC center is going to be just right beside the MSCP.

My name is Frankie Tong Hp ........., you are most welcome to call me and you can give my number to your good neighbours if they need any information and assistance.

We are sincere to have a party or gathering with you people and start to know each others, you may discuss with the rest and see how can we do it.

Lets get connected.

Regards

Frankie Tong

Chairman

Toa Payoh Central Zone '2' RC

Hi TPCRC2,

Few questions,

Dear Xinni,

Thanks for the questions.

In Toa Payoh Central Division, we have 6 RCs and 1 CC consist of about 10,000 to 12,000 households. The MP for Toa Payoh Central Divsion is Dr Ng Eng Hen, he is the adviser of Toa Payoh Central Grassroot Org. Toa Payoh Central Divison CCC is just beside Blk 79E, all CCCs and RCs are under the umbrella of PA.

The nearby RC Center at Blk 86 is belong to Zone '3', they covered Blk 81 to 86 with about 1,800 housholds.

Our current RC is at Blk 179 & 191. Zone '2' taken over Blk 78 & 79 plus the nearby blk 69 to 73 recently because we have only 680 residents households at that point of time.

We are run by a group of volunteer residents of Toa Payoh Central living in the same zones with you. We organise activities for residents to promote neighbourliness and racial harmony (eg Festival Celebration, Residents Party, Tour & Outing). We also liaise with the relevant authorities to improve the environment, safety and security of the estates, we get to know each other and build rapport with residents, gather feedback from residents; and understand residents’ needs.

Blk 78C #01-81 is the new RC Center build to serve residents better, we will be giving up Blk 191 RC center after taking over the new RC center, we have not take over the place and decide what to do with it, this may depend on the majority residents need, that is why we alway try to get feedback from residents. eg if there is a need of space for children, elderly, family or residents & kakis gathering, open tution class, line dance class or even Yoga class, we may consider to open the center for the residents according to the PA guildelines.

We have a official e-mail given by the PA, but is very troublesome to use it, any problem we have to call there IT people to help and have to be during office hour, as we are all volunteer, we work during office hour too. We find that it is nothing wrong to use gmail, and most residents know us and they give us their e-mail address, it is just a communication tool, and we can also keep our photo album there. Some RCs have their RC website, but we do not have any member can help us to setup our own website at this point of time. Maybe we can have our own website or forum in future.

Sorry for being long winded, hope we have ans your questions. :):furious::deal:

Hi all neighbours

This is the email from the RC chairperson. I will check with my friend to confirm the information.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Alister Lau,

Welcome all of you to Toa Payoh Central neighbourhood community. Blk 79 will be included in our RC Zone in 2008 and the Block include Blk 175, 177 to 179, 183 to 186, 191, 193 and Blk 69 to 73, with Blk 78 and 79, total number of block will be 23 block with 3rms to 5 rms HDB Flat consist of 2,500 hundred household. The New RC center is going to be just right beside the MSCP.

My name is Frankie Tong Hp ........., you are most welcome to call me and you can give my number to your good neighbours if they need any information and assistance.

We are sincere to have a party or gathering with you people and start to know each others, you may discuss with the rest and see how can we do it.

Lets get connected.

Regards

Frankie Tong

Chairman

Toa Payoh Central Zone '2' RC

There is nothing wrong is if the RC wants to engage us here but if some of the RC members are stakeholders at shops that they are recommending us to, then I think the indirect 'endorsement' here is not right. So maybe you should ask your friend to check that too.

hi TPCRC2, thanks for the clarifications.

personally, if there're yoga & salsa classes..it'll be good..cos i'm interested. hahaha! :furious:

if only the CC beside our blocks can cater more of such activities than the current few...

and i realised u reply mostly after midnight..u dun sleep eh? :)

other than electrical lobangs, do u have other lobangs like for furnitures, bathrm accessories, lights..whereby we might not need to quote name but are genuinely good places to deal??

Edited by ms_white

Haiz,

Wah so many post liao ah.. alot of info to fish from all my neighbours.. sorry ah.

was busy with Wedding and securing of hotel..

Man i just got fine last week..

Haiz.. nver know they so fast..

All neighbours .. just careful and put coupons.. they are very on in our blocks

Haiz,

Wah so many post liao ah.. alot of info to fish from all my neighbours.. sorry ah.

was busy with Wedding and securing of hotel..

Man i just got fine last week..

Haiz.. nver know they so fast..

All neighbours .. just careful and put coupons.. they are very on in our blocks

Darkwing, not only out block... they're everywhere!! It's bonus time therefore gotta work harder!! :)

er xinni...the "somebody" is strawberry_pear, whereby i believe she was referring to having a chinese storytelling session for us closer neighbours who have kids...dun think she meant for the RC.. :P

strawberry_pear shall set up "Mummy-to-be Consultation Service" :wub:

Alister shall be "Ask Alister - The Reno Guru" :)

Gadgetman & strawberry_pear, earlier dino and I went to Lookz & ***, didn't find anything that catches our attention leh...how ah? i'm thinking of buying the items ourselves instead of following ID...Lookz was filled with customers accompanied by ID...I wonder how much kopi $$ was factored into the price we've to pay... :(

Btw, has anyone gone to Asia Excel along Balestier Rd, newly opened & giving cheaper retail price + discount than their other outlet in IMM? It's beside Lookz & Sparco... $160+ (after discount) for a Baron (not the beer) brand WC, reasonable?

wah how come the "arrow" kena me?? hehhehe yeah for the reading class, i'm proposing it only for the closer neighbors with kids that we have here. if the rc needs classes, shouldn't the trainers be registered with pa or watever? i dun think its up to us to "volunteer" it on such an informal mode such as a forum right? but anyway, thanks for inviting us to give u the feedback if its possible, here's my wishlist to the rc:

1. To inform/welcome us formally through letters etc instead of through forum which can really be dangerous as we really do not know the credibility. Maybe TPCRC2 u can reveal ur real name here and we can really be more sure of ur status? U must also know that not many pple in our blk actually log onto forum. The number that u see here is insignificant compared to the majority and if we propose and u accept our ideas but others don't, then how?

2. Form a "Mothers Club/ Parents Club" for both SAHM(Stay at home mothers) and WM(working mothers) to connect and share parenting tips. With so many new couples, we need all the support we can have for them in building family ties. This will greatly strengthen our ties as neighbors as we look out for one another's kids and help to build a safe environment for our neighborhood.

3. Senior Citizens Afternoon tea sessions. There are a lot of SERS elderly here and as they are used to living in the old blks and some of their neighbors are no longer staying beside them, it will be good if there are tea sessions every alternate days for them to catch up and talk to each other. If there could be simple finger food being provided, it will also be nice cos most of them are under financial assistance.

4. Monthly/ Bimonthly barbeque sessions in 2008. Many neighbors are shifting in in 2008. To foster better ties and relationship, can we have frequent bbq sessions to get to know one another better? During major festivals, we can also have theme parties for teenagers,children, adults and senior citizens. I know that during "Mid Autumn festival" Potong Pasir always have a big bang in celebration with floats and carnivals roping in schools nearby.

5. Making the rooftop garden at MSCP and 12th floor a place for celebration.

There will be plenty of couples getting married and making this blk their first home. During 2008, we can hold monthly celebrations for couples getting married, for bbs having their first birthday,for bbs having full mth, birthdays for neighbors in the same mth together. Maybe there can be a big cake for them to cut and rc can get either the teenagers in the blk to plan the activities so as to get them to be more involved in the community.

all the above are just some small little sesame worth of opinions. i'm just sharing it so that we can forge this "Kampong" spirit of togetherness and making our home a pleasant and joyful one. Even if the rc doesn't get this pc of info, its ok.

Darkwing, not only out block... they're everywhere!! It's bonus time therefore gotta work harder!! :deal:

hahha droplets u so funny!!

strawberry_pear shall set up "Mummy-to-be Consultation Service" :D

Alister shall be "Ask Alister - The Reno Guru" :furious:

dear ms white

of cos u can tell eesy that u don't really like the items and purchase the things urself. if he proposed free items ie for eg"supply and install 2mixers at both toilets" then u take from him cos its already included in the quotation. however, for items that u need to buy, just choose those that u really fancy.

I've been to Asia Excel and the boss name is Ray... call him at 9762 1938. he'll give u a good discount. but one thing though, i find that they have v little choices... chose Lookz instead coz i buy things until i v tired liao and some of the designs are quite ok for me.

This is perfectly alright, my ID didn't pressurise us or encourage to buy anything while we are at Lookz and left the decision making up to us entirely. He in fact drove us to another unrelated outlet to view a basin that we like. Our purchase from lookz is quite minimal as most of the items are already covered in the quote. Do note that if he has included items like basin and tap in your quote, he has to come up with something for you without asking you to top up anything more! Therefore, do check with him what he is offering you first before jumping on the more costly items! for all you know, you may like what he is originally giving you! :)

hi Happy!, if ur current concern is both u and ur spouse's income has exceeded 8k over these 2yrs of waiting..clarifications will be better made with HDB. the loan application will once again determine if we're eligible to take HDB loan...and upon collection of keys, they'll update ur current salary as well.

thanks ms white...HDB actually approved our appeal when we applied...i remember they approved our HDB housing loan at that time too...so worried..i believe most of us have higher income now so dun thk they shld reassess the income again...

duno if any of you had the same experience... sigh... hope will be ok else i have to go to MP again..

i think they should let all singaporeans buy at least one hdb flat with hdb loan... cos we all pay taxes and serve NS right...

dun think those people over the income ceiling should be penalized since they are singaporeans too.. not too much to ask right... just 1 hdb flat..moreover, this hdb flat is not cheap wo..more than 300k...i thk there should be a minimum household income rather than a maximum... if 30 yr loan means 950 per month.. so means min. household income should be at least $4300 per month...

Edited by Happy!

thanks ms white...HDB actually approved our appeal when we applied...i remember they approved our HDB housing loan at that time too...so worried..i believe most of us have higher income now so dun thk they shld reassess the income again...

duno if any of you had the same experience... sigh... hope will be ok else i have to go to MP again..

i think they should let all singaporeans buy at least one hdb flat with hdb loan... cos we all pay taxes and serve NS right...

dun think those people over the income ceiling should be penalized since they are singaporeans too.. not too much to ask right... just 1 hdb flat..moreover, this hdb flat is not cheap wo..more than 300k...i thk there should be a minimum household income rather than a maximum... if 30 yr loan means 950 per month.. so means min. household income should be at least $4300 per month...

don't forget ur employer contributes to ur cpf too so min. income need not be $4300 la. i believe hdb has their reasons for imposing a caps in income. imagine if u're earning lower but those earning higher get special rates from hdb as well, u'll probably feel imbalance. of cos everyone wants to get a piece of that delicious pie, nevertheless some dun even get to smell it due to insufficient income.

anyway dun think too much, submit and let everything fall into place. 船到桥头自然值。。。correct or not huh? :good:

dear ms white

of cos u can tell eesy that u don't really like the items and purchase the things urself. if he proposed free items ie for eg"supply and install 2mixers at both toilets" then u take from him cos its already included in the quotation. however, for items that u need to buy, just choose those that u really fancy.

I've been to Asia Excel and the boss name is Ray... call him at 9762 1938. he'll give u a good discount. but one thing though, i find that they have v little choices... chose Lookz instead coz i buy things until i v tired liao and some of the designs are quite ok for me.

This is perfectly alright, my ID didn't pressurise us or encourage to buy anything while we are at Lookz and left the decision making up to us entirely. He in fact drove us to another unrelated outlet to view a basin that we like. Our purchase from lookz is quite minimal as most of the items are already covered in the quote. Do note that if he has included items like basin and tap in your quote, he has to come up with something for you without asking you to top up anything more! Therefore, do check with him what he is offering you first before jumping on the more costly items! for all you know, you may like what he is originally giving you! :)

thanks 草莓梨 and 电器男人 for ur invaluable insights!:( :( 草莓梨 (i'm beginning to like this name :P ), i fully understand what u mean by "v tired liao"...cos i'm getting tired too. never window-shopped on almost every weekend EVER!!

free items for bathrm accessories..hmm..i must dig from eesy liao. hahahaha!! what did both of u get free from leonard ah? then i can go dig dig dig..budget constraints..dun care liao :)

don't forget ur employer contributes to ur cpf too so min. income need not be $4300 la. i believe hdb has their reasons for imposing a caps in income. imagine if u're earning lower but those earning higher get special rates from hdb as well, u'll probably feel imbalance. of cos everyone wants to get a piece of that delicious pie, nevertheless some dun even get to smell it due to insufficient income.

anyway dun think too much, submit and let everything fall into place. 船到桥头自然值。。。correct or not huh? :good:

thanks 草莓梨 and 电器男人 for ur invaluable insights!:( :( 草莓梨 (i'm beginning to like this name :P ), i fully understand what u mean by "v tired liao"...cos i'm getting tired too. never window-shopped on almost every weekend EVER!!

free items for bathrm accessories..hmm..i must dig from eesy liao. hahahaha!! what did both of u get free from leonard ah? then i can go dig dig dig..budget constraints..dun care liao :)

hahahah 白小姐,the items are included in the package one and it was a promotion period for substance thus they gave us.... things include.... i pm u better....