Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

Dear All Blk 79A owners,

Just heard from my mum that the barricade for Blk A has been removed... she just came back from my granny house (which is next to the church)

Hopefully can get the loan letter before xmas!:dribble:!! SOOOOOOOO excited.....

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hi shercjw, welcome to tpy forum! thanks for the compliment! though we may fancy the black & white toilets...when my mum saw my black toilet...her lips became "n". it doesn't suit all generations and if u mind your parents, in-laws, grandparents minding it...u might wanna reconsider.

as mentioned by shay_d and many, u may overlay your entire toilet tiles, no hacking for the 1st 3yrs. whereas for ur kitchen floor tiles, u may hack (permit to be granted by HDB).

and....Pergo brand is for floor laminate. i think shay_d meant Goodrich Global :) . we'll be using Goodrich's wallpaper for our MBR, but not the entire room cos we dun want our room to look gawky. wallpaper is more expensive and as advised by ID, it doesn't last very long. tender care must be exercised or it'll warp very soon, especially with SG's climate as it'll usually be warm during the day, then we'll on air-con @ night...so we're praying ours will last a good 5yrs at least! some only 2yrs!:dribble: but there's a chemical that can be used if u start to see peeling edges...so there's still hope. fret not! do note the texture, thickness and the back of the wallpaper that'll be pasted on the wall. if the backing is rough, good. if it's kinda smooth, probably not...sorry i can't remember the exact reason but i note the importance. :)

my basin will be shifted to the adjacent wall cos like what u've mentioned, it's very near WC & it has very limited space to fit a bigger basin or a bigger vanity cabinet. up to individual. a way to cover some of the orh-bit HDB toilet tiles is to spread a large mirror across the main wall. this is zanie98's ID's suggestion. good savings! :)

zanie98,

can just check with you abt the ways to cover the toilet wall tiles to save cost???? Thanks!!

shay_d,

Thanks for the advice... i know wad theme i would wan for my home.... just that i am looking at wad kind of other ways i can future beautify it.... wanna be sure that i knw wad are the other ways i can beautify it... eg, wallpapers, i only learn abt it after i went thru a forum.... heee.... that's y now i am kinda of confused on wad i shld do for my home.....

anyway, i think its still a bit early to fret over it... will take time to read and find more ideas.....

BTW, i saw another forum that we can actually do some spraying (think its call epox-something), is it good?? Cheaper than overlaying??

hi Shercjw

I am doing spraying for both my toilets. The cost is almost similar to overlaying of tiles. Different is there will not be tile lines. U can drop by my hse on weekend if you are interested in taking a look. Just be warn it's not complete yet, so u might not see the true effect.

M&M, thanks for showing me your house... What a small world hor!

Hi Droplets,

No problem :) thanx for showing me u house too. Just sent a message to ur email account asking u to add me to ur facebook.

Hi Ms White and Strawberry Pear,

Thanx for letting us into ur house. Strawberry Pear, ur house is very nice. Good job :)

Hi Zannie,

Nice meeting with you...

anytime, M&M! i'll be looking forward to see more of your reno...especially that cool bedroom of yours! hacking a wall is a great difference!! :dribble:

hi Shercjw

I am doing spraying for both my toilets. The cost is almost similar to overlaying of tiles. Different is there will not be tile lines. U can drop by my hse on weekend if you are interested in taking a look. Just be warn it's not complete yet, so u might not see the true effect.

alister, i wanna see the true colours too~:) LOL!!

Hey shay_d :good:

----------

Dear All Blk 79A owners,

Just heard from my mum that the barricade for Blk A has been removed... she just came back from my granny house (which is next to the church)

Hopefully can get the loan letter before xmas!:D!! SOOOOOOOO excited.....

Hey, dat means yor granny las time olso under SERS from lor1A. Wow, so near granny's place, BE higher chance lei. U curent hm olso ToaPayoh?

i was ther jus now. Saw lights on e blk A #38, so wana check it out. But e lift no public access :P

hi Shercjw

Hey, u'l b ther dis wkend? Mi olso wan kpo, can?

Yor unit izit e 1 with ramp at front door? :unsure:

----------

Hey Ah Tan, r u 1 of e forumers here? Jus now u seems 2b rushin off so i din have chance 2 chat with u. ;)

Hey PS (blk C high flr 5-rm), thank you for letting mi kpo yor hse jus now.

Mayb u shd join in e renotalk forum lah, comment abit loh. Cos many 79 ers r interested in yor ID. :rolleyes:

:jammin:

Edited by jaCKY777

hi Shercjw

halo!

we are also looking at alternatives to overlaying the toilet tiles... the HDB toilet tiles colours are so orh-bit....

do you mind posting some of your sprayed toilet walls here? would love to see the effect. :D

Hey shay_d :D

----------

Hey, dat means yor granny las time olso under SERS from lor1A. U olso SERS from lor 6?

i was ther jus now. Saw lights on e blk A #38, so wana check it out. But e lift no public access :jammin:

----------

hi jacky777,

my granny used to stay at the old flat which is currently our new flats.... hahahha... very funny right... she was under SERS and shifted to the blk beside the church (infront of the MRT exit)

I am not under SERS... currently staying at Bukit Panjang with my parents.... me and my FH will be building our new home at Blk A..... :rolleyes:

so everything already done and completed?? Cant wait to receive the letter for the loan.... juz wanna check with the Seniors..... how long does it take for the loan to be approved?? do we have to wait till all the Blk A-ers to submit their forms then HDB will start to arrange key collection dates or if we were to submit earlier, we can get the key earlier???

And also wad is the amount HDB will loan as per our combine salary.... (dont realli know how to ask this qns in a professional way... hope u all can understand wad i am trying to ask..... hahahah)

hi Shercjw

Hi alister,

juz wanna check whether will u be there tmr?? I am gg to my granny house tmr and would like to pop by to take a look....

Dear All,

Just wanna check which are the highly recommended ID?? think i shld start to go to ID for planning.... I am looking at Unimax and Lineworkz. any comments on these 2 ID??

Any other good ID can also PM / advice here.... Thanks lots lots....

P.S: Wondering anyone here also Blk A Level 13???? Heeeee...... maybe we can arrange to go see my flats tog when we got keys..... :unsure:

so everything already done and completed?? Cant wait to receive the letter for the loan.... juz wanna check with the Seniors..... how long does it take for the loan to be approved?? do we have to wait till all the Blk A-ers to submit their forms then HDB will start to arrange key collection dates or if we were to submit earlier, we can get the key earlier???

And also wad is the amount HDB will loan as per our combine salary.... (dont realli know how to ask this qns in a professional way... hope u all can understand wad i am trying to ask..... hahahah)

How long to get the key after loan letter? Well, all depends on the luck of the draw. You can be held up by the approval by the loan department, or your CSO may take his or her sweet time to schedule the key release. I'm still waiting for over 6 weeks already. Called HDB and found that my key collection date is end Jan! :P So :sport-smiley-004:

How long to get the key after loan letter? Well, all depends on the luck of the draw. You can be held up by the approval by the loan department, or your CSO may take his or her sweet time to schedule the key release. I'm still waiting for over 6 weeks already. Called HDB and found that my key collection date is end Jan! :P So :sport-smiley-004:

Hi, a star

Which block u took???

Dear All Blk 79A owners,

Hopefully can get the loan letter before xmas!:sport-smiley-004:!! SOOOOOOOO excited.....

really??? wah...so happy...faster than i thought...

i'm also excited.... :P

So it's really if you want your keys fast you must harass them. For some whom have been calling up HDB now and then to chase for loan letters/dates etc, the loan letter was processed and date given about 2-3 weeks after submitting.

I know of one SERS person in Blk E whom received loan letter later than me. And that was after I keep telling her many times that others had letters liao and some had keys & started reno. She was not in hurry initially and she thought that maybe their flat paid up case so is different.

Later even Blk B started to get keys so she feel something not right and call them up to ask. Then found out that HDB claim sent letter to her long time ago. Somemore HDB officer can address her by wrong name but quoted correct unit number when they called back about her case!

Sushibabe,

So if you want faster must chase HDB !! ... then I also can taste the crabs earlier..hee.

halo!

we are also looking at alternatives to overlaying the toilet tiles... the HDB toilet tiles colours are so orh-bit....

do you mind posting some of your sprayed toilet walls here? would love to see the effect. :good:

My toilet is sprayed black. Not sure if can see the effect. I will try to post the picture up when it's presentable.

Hi alister,

juz wanna check whether will u be there tmr?? I am gg to my granny house tmr and would like to pop by to take a look....

Afraid not. I normally visit my flat at 8plus in the morning or on weekends.

Yor unit izit e 1 with ramp at front door? :unsure:

Yes, still thinking the ramp looks ugly. Trying to see if I can have a better looking ramp & not so slippery.

My toilet is sprayed black. Not sure if can see the effect. I will try to post the picture up when it's presentable.

Afraid not. I normally visit my flat at 8plus in the morning or on weekends.

Yes, still thinking the ramp looks ugly. Trying to see if I can have a better looking ramp & not so slippery.

hi alister,

thanks. maybe me and my husband will go on sunday. will confirm with u again....

BTW, anyone using reno loan? think will need to take up loans.... young couple starting a family.... not much $$$..... any recommendations??

P.S: Wondering anyone here also Blk A Level 13???? Heeeee...... maybe we can arrange to go see my flats tog when we got keys..... :dancingqueen:

Hi welcome to the forum. Im also at Level 13 BUT from Block C. but i suppose you shld have better view cos yours not block by the flat opp. I can only console myself with the garden.. haiz..

I supposed those on high floors can see fireworks? Alister yours can right?? u will find lotsa pple gathering outside ur units on new yrs' eve. haha.

So it's really if you want your keys fast you must harass them. For some whom have been calling up HDB now and then to chase for loan letters/dates etc, the loan letter was processed and date given about 2-3 weeks after submitting.

I know of one SERS person in Blk E whom received loan letter later than me. And that was after I keep telling her many times that others had letters liao and some had keys & started reno. She was not in hurry initially and she thought that maybe their flat paid up case so is different.

Later even Blk B started to get keys so she feel something not right and call them up to ask. Then found out that HDB claim sent letter to her long time ago. Somemore HDB officer can address her by wrong name but quoted correct unit number when they called back about her case!

Sushibabe,

So if you want faster must chase HDB :dancingqueen: ... then I also can taste the crabs earlier..hee.

:dancingqueen: crabs again...hey, i can only cook for the pioneers of this thread ar...now so many people, how to cook??? wahaha~~~

so, if haven't receive the loan letter can chase them right??? call the customer service person right???

if so, tomorrow i call...