Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

ya really hope dwn stair got 24hrs with football channel then i will stop my scv. so expensive!:good: i hate starhub... :(

yea i also hope liverpool can win!:furious: then chelsea beat arsenal then it will be perfect liao... :sport-smiley-004:

Mourinho is alwys the best!:P

Err, better not be 24 hours, cos if everybody downstairs watching football and shouting, the poor folks at E blk just above the coffee shop will have a hard time sleeping. :(

Must be good neighbour lar

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I usually have a handbook to detail down the good food found in Singapore. So not difficult to find where the good food are if I have a sudden craving for some particular ones.

Forgot to include one of my favourite stall:

- 潮洲自制包点 @ Blk 127 Lor 1 #02-02; their Teochew bao are very tasty and comes in mini-sizes, morning business only.

The food centre at Blk 75 Lor 5 has more night stalls if you like supper. Especially like the bak-cho-mee and the 板面 (dry style) as it resembles those I ate in KL. :sport-smiley-004:

Err, better not be 24 hours, cos if everybody downstairs watching football and shouting, the poor folks at E blk just above the coffee shop will have a hard time sleeping. :sport-smiley-004:

Must be good neighbour lar

Ya lor, those low level 1 will very ke lian lor..

dont forget noise from e sunday church n

every few mth pasar malam in front library.

Rojak n laksa @ Blk 177 Toa Payoh Central had moved to HDBHUB foodcourt

I usually have a handbook to detail down the good food found in Singapore. So not difficult to find where the good food are if I have a sudden craving for some particular ones.

Forgot to include one of my favourite stall:

- 潮洲自制包点 @ Blk 127 Lor 1 #02-02; their Teochew bao are very tasty and comes in mini-sizes, morning business only.

The food centre at Blk 75 Lor 5 has more night stalls if you like supper. Especially like the bak-cho-mee and the 板面 (dry style) as it resembles those I ate in KL. :(

Yah Yah! I love the Teochew Pau, esp the Kong Bak Pau. It's bite sized and not too fatty. Good!:good::(

Btw, there's a website that recommends the good food in TPY. Not too sure if it encompasses all that you guys have mentioned but do go try it out!

http://www.goodfood.sg/toa_payoh :P

Btw, There's also a Nepalese eatery at Blk 95 Lor 4 TPY (I think). The western food is GOOD!:furious: (Better than Botak Jones). Go try it out! :sport-smiley-004:

P.S. Ms White/ Shay_d, do you remember which block its at?

The Nepalese eatery must go early cos the place small and crowded. Not bad the food. But I will not go there so often, maybe once a while :dribble:

Cos TPY too much good food.

The Nepalese eatery must go early cos the place small and crowded. Not bad the food. But I will not go there so often, maybe once a while :dribble:

Cos TPY too much good food.

Hi,

Wanna add my 2 cents worth of good food in Toa Payoh.

In Lor 4 market, the fish soup is not bad.

Behind blk 79, there is a coffee shop which is very famous for the soup minced meat noodle. I think they only cater to morning and lunch time crowd. It is very pack on Sat and Sun morning.

In Lor 5 market, the dry minced meat noodle is also very good. The fishball noodle also quite famous one. The Char Kway Teow is also not bad.

In Lor 8 market, the prawn mee soup/ dry is quite good.

Then opp the kopitiam food court, there is a coffee soup which sells good chicken rice.

In HDB foodcourt (the one at the basement), the rojak is quite famous one. (however i think the standard had dropped)

In Lor 1, there is a coffeeshop opp the lor 1 market that sells very good duck rice and charsiew.

For those lovers of hokkien mee in Lor 1 market, you can actually call to order the Hokkien Mee. The number is 62518542.

wow, suddenly this thread become a good food thread :bleah:

by the way, anyone here hacking walls in your flat?

how long did you all wait for approval from HDB?

how much did you all pay for the P.E endorsement?

anyone here hack w/o the need of P.E?

yum yum... :dribble: i got so many makan places to choose...until i also duno start frm wher... haha

hope i will discover somethings and contribute back to u all too... :lol:

anyone has any idea how much it cost for those ceiling light that is using a glass slot-in type (inside it is either 2 or 3 florescent tube)?

there are 2 type of shapes, one in rectangular shape that cost about $80-$135,

anyone bought the square type? how much it cost?

something like this but one glass slot only.

Duplexzl.jpg.jpg

and how much is these type of lights? commonly known as the hamburger light...

image9312_big.jpg

i bought my downlights at $29 each, square type, those medium size type, double tube 2X13W,

using osram ACTO ballast, expensive not?

bought over 1k plus of lighting and yet no free doorbell...bought my doorbell at $38...zzz when neigbour say $10 can get one already.

: /

Edited by tension_z

anyone has any idea how much it cost for those ceiling light that is using a glass slot-in type (inside it is either 2 or 3 florescent tube)?

there are 2 type of shapes, one in rectangular shape that cost about $80-$135,

anyone bought the square type? how much it cost?

something like this but one glass slot only.

Duplexzl.jpg.jpg

and how much is these type of lights? commonly known as the hamburger light...

image9312_big.jpg

i bought my downlights at $29 each, square type, those medium size type, double tube 2X13W,

using osram ACTO ballast, expensive not?

bought over 1k plus of lighting and yet no free doorbell...bought my doorbell at $38...zzz when neigbour say $10 can get one already.

Hi tension_z

Where did u get ur lights from ? I thot u going to the shop I recommended ?

My downlights is $24.50 (osram + atco; PLC 13W x 2) after discount & it comes with door bell FOC.

I went to the shop u recommended on sunday.

got a quotation from them. it is indeed cheaper as walk in customer.

then on Monday, ID bought me to his intended lighting shop.

I wanted to only see see look look,

then he told me that it is ok if i get my lights from other shops

but if anything goes wrong, ie lights spoilt, wrong type of lights etc,

will delay the work, and ID said he has "worked" with his lighting shop for a long time, so if have any problems, they can solve it immediately,

then tell me I am paying more for quality light and service which I think the "more" goes into his pocket.haah..

hence, i am buying for assuarance,

just want to know more of how much actually went into his pocket.

i understand ID have to earn, so i dont mind but not too much difference in pricing la..

anyway, I have paid 30%, so if it is really too ex, i might just get the dining light and forgo the rest, as those weren't my 1st choice.

and the choices were quite limited.

is $280 for those 3 hanging crystal dining light expensive?

the shop that u recommended quote me $240, looks similar,

my dark shop said his crystals are not from china, but from eygpt,

not sure if it is bull****..

well, got to trust my ID on this then.

Hi ALL , A very good evening to all .

JUS need to WARN everyone out there, theres a lighting shop called STRASS LIGHTING BALESTIER. They are CHEATS!:lol:!:dribble:. We bought our lightings from them less a month ago, n its starting to blow. Kitchen one gone, Living two gone. Thats not it. When we bought PLC lights, we were told that if not bright enough ,can change. But that tall guy wont change for us. Never mind that ,they are LOUSY and INFERIOR quality.

DONT SAY I DIDNT WARN EVERYONE. We now have to spend extra money trying to replace those blown ones. We had heated argument with that owner but no use. We consumers in Spore always end up being losers unless we are lucky to find a good lighting shop.

JUS need to WARN everyone out there, theres a lighting shop called STRASS LIGHTING BALESTIER. They are CHEATS!:P!:dribble:. We bought our lightings from them less a month ago, n its starting to blow. Kitchen one gone, Living two gone. Thats not it. When we bought PLC lights, we were told that if not bright enough ,can change. But that tall guy wont change for us. Never mind that ,they are LOUSY and INFERIOR quality.

DONT SAY I DIDNT WARN EVERYONE. We now have to spend extra money trying to replace those blown ones. We had heated argument with that owner but no use. We consumers in Spore always end up being losers unless we are lucky to find a good lighting shop.

JUS need to WARN everyone out there, theres a lighting shop called STRASS LIGHTING BALESTIER. They are CHEATS!:dribble:!:dribble:. We bought our lightings from them less a month ago, n its starting to blow. Kitchen one gone, Living two gone. Thats not it. When we bought PLC lights, we were told that if not bright enough ,can change. But that tall guy wont change for us. Never mind that ,they are LOUSY and INFERIOR quality.

eh, ya, this is the type of problem I fear.

like getting lights on my own cheaper, then back end has to handle all kind of stress, replacement cost might end up paying more.

emotional stress is priceless, :

self-consolation: for my expensive lights..

but hey, depends on luck too, not all shops are like that,

alister, how much did you spent on your lights?

motorman, did you go to this shop urself or with ID?

eh, ya, this is the type of problem I fear.

like getting lights on my own cheaper, then back end has to handle all kind of stress, replacement cost might end up paying more.

emotional stress is priceless, :

self-consolation: for my expensive lights..

but hey, depends on luck too, not all shops are like that,

alister, how much did you spent on your lights?

motorman, did you go to this shop urself or with ID?

I did read up abt Strass Lighting in the forum and they do have a bad reputation. That's why I avoid them.

I spent $1250 for my hse lights, but very difficult to compare as we buy different lights. Let's try checking T5 28W 4ft, I bought for $26. How much did u pay for it ?

wow i almost bought from Strauss too. Ended up in Singapore Lightings instead. Good service. and when i go back to change things, no question asked. and gave me better ones. =) u can check them out.

The one my ID brought me to is at Jalan Besah. near Mac'D. v good services also but v costly. they hv imported items too so not so common stuff. Also if u happened to be there, u can cross the road and try out the Hakka beefball noodles and Yong Tau Foo. Abacus too. All handmade. SUPER nice!:good:!