Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

When collecting my keys, I saw from the Request for Cement screeding form that it would take 3-4 weeks for the work to be completed. I ask the HDB officer if it would be able to expedite the process. She told me that i can go to the building service center and hand the form to them for "express service"

So, happily, i cross the TYP central road and walk to the Building service center. Guess what, they told me that they cannot do anything about it and i have to hand the form at the Branch office. Wah Liew..

BTW, anyone staying on Blk A level 23 like me?

I have the same problem too. Walked to the service center and I was asked to submit the form to the branch office. Walked here and there.... I am from Blk A but lower floor :dribble:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hey, guys!

I've been to these ID at Toa Payoh Central (mostly Blk 177) these few day and I would like comments from the experience people who have engaged or talked to them before;

Unimax Creative

Substance Interior

Design Profession

Living Art

Home Interior

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! I'll be heading to Balestier this weekend to talk to more IDs.

Went to select tiles yesterday. So tiring and spent a long time to select all the tiles. Today met up with the electrician and discuss about the electrical points. I find this electrician charge very reasonable price as I have alot of concealed work. If anyone interested to look for electrician, I can intro mine to you.

Btw, anyone know if there's any downlight that allow you to toggle between daylight and warm light?

Hey, guys!

I've been to these ID at Toa Payoh Central (mostly Blk 177) these few day and I would like comments from the experience people who have engaged or talked to them before;

Unimax Creative

Substance Interior

Design Profession

Living Art

Home Interior

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! I'll be heading to Balestier this weekend to talk to more IDs.

Interested to talk to my ID too? I know another neighbour from the same blk engaged the same ID as me but I don't know who they are and if they are in this forum too. :P

Hi all

I will start by sharing my photos here. A bit messy as now is a kids warzone. :bangwall:

Living room feature wall

dsc02122nz9.th.jpg

wow, your house very nice. Ya, got to show us the pics of your toilets too :notti:

I am also using alot of black, hope the effect will turn out good too...

main reason is due to my chef (aka mom) wants it. :notti:

actually it's more due to it being more safer than conventional cookers, as old folk tends to be forgetful and clumsy.

as for the side effects by magnetic waves, tis i have no idea but then it should not be worse than microwaves oven right?

anyway thanks for the magnetic waves info, will look into tis.

I was also considering Induction at one point too. Other than cost issues, I gave it up because as we grew up with and are familiar with conventional gas & fire - we tend to be more wary. However, we are not "tune" to Induction - we may have to learn it the hard way since nobody (our chefs & friends' chefs) is using Induction.

Reply in Blue:

Hey Mapleleaf,

bathtub :P

Can i now how much u r quoted ->

- bathtub support using hollow block c/w tile finish ? yes

- labour to install bathtub ? $700

- how much is e bathtub ? Details ? $900 from Poh Joo

:bangwall:

Hey, guys!

Unimax Creative

Substance Interior

Design Profession

Living Art

Home Interior

Hey euph0bear,

mi no hav gd or bad comments on e IDs above.

if u r going dn Balestier Rd dis wkend, mayb u wana try

- I-bridge Design (next door of Lighting House, opp e market undergoing upgrading).

- HC-interior (next door of Hafary- tile supplier).

Dis r e 2, i'm pleasant with wen consulting. My preference may not b e same s urs. Aniway, no harm consulting & getting a quote. Evaluate, decide & take action then.

:notti:

Edited by jaCKY777

Hi,

Anyone knows where I can get an adjustable lcd tv bracket?? :notti:

Hi droplets

Depending in what u looking for. I bought mine from ALP Audio (shop beside KFC) - queenie $80

They have abt 3 diff types, so u can go ask. Must measure ur screws distance.

went to select tiles for the 2 toilets last night...will be starting reno works later this week if everything falls in place...

so far, the only defect is the bedroom 3 door cannot close properly, needs great effort...but i ask my id to rectify for me so i no need to wait so long for hdb to do...

been going to see electrical stuffs and furniture...more or less confirm what to buy already...hopefully pocket won't burst... :notti:

Hey euph0bear,

mi no hav gd or bad comments on e IDs above.

if u r going dn Balestier Rd dis wkend, mayb u wana try

- I-bridge Design (next door of Lighting House, opp e market undergoing upgrading).

- HC-interior (next door of Hafary- tile supplier).

Dis r e 2, i'm pleasant with wen consulting. My preference may not b e same s urs. Aniway, no harm consulting & getting a quote. Evaluate, decide & take action then.

:notti:

there are a few of our neigbours with substance right? can ask them for more info..

eup, how do u find home interior? PM me. Thanks.

there are a few of our neigbours with substance right? can ask them for more info..

eup, how do u find home interior? PM me. Thanks.

PMed you, tension_z.

When I went into Substance, they were actually quite busy. A guy was attending to a couple and a lady was manning the computer. So I just briefly chatted with the lady and passed her a list of what I wanted to renovate. Just have to see they will get back to me a not.

PMed you, tension_z.

When I went into Substance, they were actually quite busy. A guy was attending to a couple and a lady was manning the computer. So I just briefly chatted with the lady and passed her a list of what I wanted to renovate. Just have to see they will get back to me a not.

Hint ... look under renovation firms thread for substance.

Hint ... look under renovation firms thread for substance.

Yup, I have read that thread before and it's almost "dead" to me. :bangwall:

The resident who started a blog engaging Substance also have not been updating her blog since last year. Perhaps something happened somewhere...

I was also considering Induction at one point too. Other than cost issues, I gave it up because as we grew up with and are familiar with conventional gas & fire - we tend to be more wary. However, we are not "tune" to Induction - we may have to learn it the hard way since nobody (our chefs & friends' chefs) is using Induction.

Hi Mapleleaf,

Cost issue? what are some of the brands that you went to check out and the cost?? went to the web, ariston is selling around 2K for a 4 pot top. 2 big 2 small. I find the power consumption is not that high eventually 6KW total.

Some more we dun cook and use all 4 pot altogether. So was looking into it quite abit. In the web there are lots of good things said about induction. Only haven have someone's real life experience.

I think only the pots and pans are abit expensive coz need metal (ferrous) magnetic capable utensil then can use induction.

Care to share some of your consideration and cost concerns?

Thanks