Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

i think different company have diff rules..

you can negotiate the payment style...

i told my id i wanna split the payments...so it's 10% deposit upon signing, 20% upon ordering and delivery of tiles, 20% upon completion of floor, 25% when doing measurement for carpentry and ordering materials, 20% upon completion of carpentry and last 5% upon rectifying of everything and after 2 weeks we've moved in...

we are the customers so no matter what, we must be comfortable of the payment amount and percentage...

at least i think with this, my id won't mess around lah....

:dunno:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

hey thanks for the advice. I paid via bank loan cheque actually but I didn't manage to borrow all, have to cough out some cold hard cash on my side.

the last cheque only manage to cover up to 25% (of the second 35%), my terms are 25%,35%,35%,5%, very unfavourable for a consumer actually, all paid at commencement except for the last 5%.

now haven't get pay...got to top up I think $3k+++ for the 2nd 35%...

i think i better nego with my ID.

Common practice of payments ->

10% upon confirmation of contract

40% before commencement of works

40% before commencement of carpentry

10% upon completion of works

:good:

Though this was an "industry practice", you can request your own term. I have requested mine to be :-

10% upon confirmation

20% upon commencement of wet work

20% upon completion of wet work

20% upon commencement of carpentry

20% upon completion of carpentry

10% upon satisfactory handover

Mine is

10% upon signing contract

40% upon commencement of wet works

40% upon commencement of carpentry

10% upon completion of works

But so far my ID did not chase me for payment...

Hahaa I voluntary give the 2nd payment to him... :good:

Blk 79A

sushibabe, sha08ron, justnoop, rickyer8, coco_mybibi, apple68, soudezne, poohnie23, HarryP, whiteboxer, Skywu, Shivan, Darkwing, cece, TPY, rachel79, euph0bear, alexneock, Krismas

Blk 79B

bonkitty, twotwobravo, jen t, carelinwen & craB, Slog, gui99, Redhat, janicezuzu, will&pet, REDCRYSTAL, joelex, rofffade, lcylim, Ptro, Liana79B, Yeoman, Wildreds2

Blk 79C

doremi, humster / nancy, meowie49, Bethel, Derrick, Stardust, almonddust, M&M, strawberry_pear, Platonic1, joesphine, zanie98, gadgetman, nakazoru, sdale, Isabelle

BLk 79D

Yel, yingsan, droplets, Ikoice, pink_sea79, Zeester, Mario, Snuffleupagus, tension_z, rainbow04, alister, ms_white, shay_d, dino, xinni, tweakmax, aural, pregopia, a_star, Zincy

Blk 79E

Mapleleaf, hobbes, axis, Happy, kiwy, Darry, Skyblueie, Ebing & Chrispy, marklim, jaCKY777, meepok, babymaro2003

Hi guys,

went to SPSERVICES at Toa Payoh Hub and show them my bill. The girl at the counter said it is weird too (a huge increase from janaury).

I told them it is not just my unit affected. She said we have to report individually to spservices for this matter. Everyone affected can go down to spservices or give them a call to inform them. They will be sending a technician to my house soon.

hey hey, hmm.. i m not talking about the last 10% payment.

but the 10, 40, 40, 10, the 2nd 40%... is it paid at the end of carpentary or during measurement?

without hacking, the living room (recommended) is 18000 but to be safe 21000 is better, have neigbh putting 18000 then only breezy, not cold air...MBR without hack(9000), since u hack, i think go for 18000?

Hi tension_z

thank u for sharing...i guess i will get the noninverter 24000 then since they dun have 21000...

Before I moved in, I heard many rumors that the heartland shops in front of Blk79 (or shall we start to call it Central Horizon now...) will be demolished in 5 years time to make way for new developments - among which is a pedestrian mall where the main road used to be. The source for these rumours came from housing agents and even from some of the operators of the heartland shops. I was quite concerned then as it would mean noise and air pollution in the years ahead.

However, this morning as I was having breakfast at the Food Park, I suddenly took notice of the big Upgrading notice in front of the Blk177 Goreng Pisang Coffeshop. It must have been there for a while already, but for some reason, I have never paid much attention to it. The big signage listed several blocks slated for the upgrading, but the polling date is still left empty. Has anyone seen this before? Does this means that the shops won't be torn down anymore??? :sport-smiley-004:

Hi gals & guys

I juz received a letter fr Starhub about their contractor coming to our block to activate the signals in our home. They will have to switch on the current source of TV signals from the rooftop antenna to the nationwide broadband network.

If no modification is made to the cable point in ur home, there is no additional charge. If u have done some modification, there is a separate charge.

They will schedule a date & time with u. After the scheduled cable verification date, if there are changes, there is a separate charge as well. If u cannot be at home on the appointed time, u will need to contactg Starhub to reschedule the appt.

Hi gals & guys

I juz received a letter fr Starhub about their contractor coming to our block to activate the signals in our home. They will have to switch on the current source of TV signals from the rooftop antenna to the nationwide broadband network.

If no modification is made to the cable point in ur home, there is no additional charge. If u have done some modification, there is a separate charge.

They will schedule a date & time with u. After the scheduled cable verification date, if there are changes, there is a separate charge as well. If u cannot be at home on the appointed time, u will need to contactg Starhub to reschedule the appt.

Hmmm..then how about those neighbours who already had hooked up to the Starhub cable network much earlier on? I recall that Strawberry_Pear had moved her cable points and the technician was able to activate their signal FOC, and this was back in December last year! If they want us to pay for such petty items, I will skip cable TV altogether! Why can't they just be more flexible on the charges? Afterall, are they already not making tonnes of money from our monthly subscriptions???

Hi gals & guys

Hi alister,

I may intend to extend and fix another SVC point on the opposite side of the living room (just in case I feel like switching the position of the TV set), does that mean I will be charged extra by Starhub? I'm not subscribing to their cable programmes, just normal free-to-air stuff will do for me.

:)

Hi alister,

I may intend to extend and fix another SVC point on the opposite side of the living room (just in case I feel like switching the position of the TV set), does that mean I will be charged extra by Starhub? I'm not subscribing to their cable programmes, just normal free-to-air stuff will do for me.

U can get your contractor to fix for you. Is about 100~120 for one SCV point. Better do it before you do tiling coz will be embedded under the tiles.

U can get your contractor to fix for you. Is about 100~120 for one SCV point. Better do it before you do tiling coz will be embedded under the tiles.

Hi vowsh,

oh, that means Starhub won't be charging me for the new point if I'm not getting them to do the extension? My contractor will most probably be extending the point for me at $110, laying it across the floor to the opposite side. Cos I thought Starhub will "tax" me for doing up an extra point :jawdrop:

Hi vowsh,

oh, that means Starhub won't be charging me for the new point if I'm not getting them to do the extension? My contractor will most probably be extending the point for me at $110, laying it across the floor to the opposite side. Cos I thought Starhub will "tax" me for doing up an extra point :jawdrop:

U mean another SCV point or juz relocate to another point? If need an extra point, may need to ask starhub liao coz i dont know.