Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

Thank you for the info :sport-smiley-003:!

Can roughly calculate how much is the interest payable per annum if were to take up rhb compared to DBS??

Never mind if too troublesome, just trying to find ourt more...

Thanks

glenn

How much are you trying to loan? So I can roughly calculate for you.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
hello everyone. my name is alvin. i'm sorry for just barging in on your conversation like this but was wondering if you all can help me with a few queries. me and my fiancee are BIG fans of Toa Payoh Blk 79, our appt with HDB is on 26 March (in 7 working days time) and currently there're only 59 units left:

1) personally, what do you think are our chances of getting a flat? Be brutally honest okay. Oh, I fall under the 'Others' category for race, if you're wondering.

2) also, is there any block and floor, which you think are better choices?

Many thanks for your help.

Hi Alvin,

I wish you all the best to your selection excercise :yamseng:

I am going to make a bold statement here: Getting a unit at Blk79 here is definitely a dream come true, but even this is nothing compared to the great community you can expect when you have moved in here!

Thanks largely to this forum, Blk79ers are able to know their neighbors well even before they move in. We have since shared so many fun moments together. As a matter of fact, some of us had even helped out at another neighbor's wedding recently and attended the wedding dinner of another couple too! Last week, some neighbours even went for a movie screening together - how often have you heard that happening in a neighbourhood these days? Other regular activites such as outings, housewarmings, xmas parties, funiture-shopping, house-hoppings etc are also very common. The sense of identity and pride of being a Blk79 resident is just so apparent. Even my colleagues are surprised whenever I tell them that I am going to attend another event held by the neighbors!

It is really interesting to see how things are developing at Blk79. Perhaps the government should even consider studying this as a model of success to promote more interaction and harmony among residents. This is so important in today's context when the kampong spirit is almost gone and people tend to stay in their own silos in the form of high rise flats... :bangwall:

Edited by gadgetman

thank u gadgetman for being the tech-savvy neighbour for every gathering, outing etc!

i so totally agree with u on the once-had kampong spirit...but as i've said before and still proud to announce...Blk 79A-E will relive the kampong spirit as "Modern High-rise Kampong":bangwall:! kids will play together, adults meet each other...how nice!! :yamseng:

Cannot resist posting this photo too! Another unofficial gathering of forumners at this ice-cream joint at Serene Centre along Bukit Timah Road. They serve very unique and great tasting ice-cream by the way...How's this for flavors selections? Teh Tarik, Horlicks (Yes Horlicks!), Nutella, Kahlua Latte...etc, etc?The shop's name is Island Creamery. We took and printed this photo there and the shop is supposed to putit up on the wall along with many other photos. Do keep a look out for it if you are going there!

Icecream.jpg

Wah!:bangwall:! Very very ugly ah...... :dancingqueen::yamseng::dancingqueen:

Heehee...

Long Live Central Horizon, the Modern Kampong in the Sky! (^_^)

Edited by zanie98

Wah!:bangwall:! Very very ugly ah...... :dancingqueen::yamseng::dancingqueen:

Heehee...

Long Live Central Horizon, the Modern Kampong in the Sky! (^_^)

You say some more....you did most of the drawing what!?!?!?!

hi hi...

just wanna check if anyone of the forumner work at Suntec area?? How do u go to work?? that day i tried to take train from TPY to City Hall and walked over to Suntec... total traveling time is 40mins! wondering if anyone is taking any pte bus service to suntec area?? Can share with me.... thanks thanks.

hi hi...

just wanna check if anyone of the forumner work at Suntec area?? How do u go to work?? that day i tried to take train from TPY to City Hall and walked over to Suntec... total traveling time is 40mins! wondering if anyone is taking any pte bus service to suntec area?? Can share with me.... thanks thanks.

Ever thought of call pooling in the morning? Sometimes i drive to work sometimes mrt. i work raffles place so mrt is very good for most of the days except those i got to run outside more then i drive.

Edited by aural

I also got fined $3. I'm very upset with the way the town council does things. Firstly, there is no notice of payment every month. They think everyone only have their bills to pay. How to remember??

The worst part is after paying over $50 for the so call S&CC, the corridor outside my house is still so dirty after having moved in for over a month. No one comes and sweep or wash the area. Why are we paying S&CC when we have to sweep and wash the area outside our house on our own. :jawdrop:

We should all email / call the town council to voice our displeasure. Perhaps they will wake up their idea when they get an overwhelming number of residents from 79 complaining.... :dribble::notti::notti::rofl:

Hi guys

my neighbour called town council this morning and they came to wash floor on my level.

So if we want to have our place clean, we need to call them.

Quite jialat really.....seems like if u want the job done u have to be niao......

Hi guys

my neighbour called town council this morning and they came to wash floor on my level.

Quite jialat really.....seems like if u want the job done u have to be niao......

:jawdrop: Every morning call them :dribble:

hi hi...

Hi Shercjw

For those days I need to go to Suntec to attend seminars, I take mrt to dorby ghaut - 10mins and then take bus from the bus stop outside "The Atrium @ Orchard". Quite a number of buses goes there and it is pretty fast.

Try it out.

Hi guys

that reminds me...because of reno, alot of things to be thrown away are placed outside my house...after dunno how long, they finally cleared them on monday!:good: terrible leh...fancy us paying for all these services somemore and it's not cheap lor... :good:

thank u gadgetman for being the tech-savvy neighbour for every gathering, outing etc!

i so totally agree with u on the once-had kampong spirit...but as i've said before and still proud to announce...Blk 79A-E will relive the kampong spirit as "Modern High-rise Kampong":lol:! kids will play together, adults meet each other...how nice!! 8|

Wah...you over-rated me liao lah...I am really just a wannabe :D:P:P

Talking about re-living the kampong spirit and kids playing together...etc...etc...When are your little ones coming along???? :dancingqueen::dancingqueen::notti:

hi hi...

If you are not in a hurry and don't want to walk so much...I think Bus 56 downstairs will get you all the way there and back as well!

hi hi...

I work in Millenia Towers, and there is a free shutter service outside City Hall's St Andrew's Cathedral to Centennial Towers.

My sis-in-law works in Suntec. Heard that there is also a free shutter service to Suntec at the bus-stop along Coleman St (the road between St Andrew's Cathedral and The Adelphi). It will alight you at two stops (outside Suntec Convention Centre & Carrefour).

Ever thought of call pooling in the morning? Sometimes i drive to work sometimes mrt. i work raffles place so mrt is very good for most of the days except those i got to run outside more then i drive.

I don't mind car pooling. I drive to work only when I'm running late but I'll park at Marina Square (cheaper parking fees).