Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

Hi liverpoolforlife,

We just did the store room L-shape rack for $180. Size: 64" (L) x 48" (L) x 20" (W) x 72" (H). Grey frames with white boards. Quite standard type I suppose. No discount for bulk orders either.

If want to do 64" x 64" is $220. The L-rack will extend wall to wall. As for the 64" x 48", it will leave a gap on 1-side of the wall. This is for you to place your iron board, brooms, ladder, etc.

Hi meepok,

Is your L-shape rack galvanized steel? Is it 2 separate racks placed together? 4 tier or 5 tier?

What is the dimensions of your bomb shelter? Mine is 73" (L) x 58" (W). 25" & 21" to the left & right of the bomb shelter door respectively.

Most prob we will only do the rack at a latter time. Just exploring the various options now.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Thanks for the info! i was wondering how much i need to fork out to change the rivets. Almost forgot to call MDA too.

HDB officer also called me today to remind me to remove the toilet window panes and hoard it up. says the technical officer may not want to take over the flat if the panes are in danger of falling off.

tomorrow arranging with town council to clear out the old furniture from my old unit.

Hi Wildreds2 and Alister,

Saw fr yr posts and think u're fr Sers too, need some advice. Do u need to pay town council to get rid of furniture and bulk items like fridge & washer? also, did u ask for extension to handover old flat and if yes, do we need to pay any $? hv gotten my keys >1 mth ago, but reno not really started cos cement screeding not done yet. Prob need to get extension to allow some time to shift out of the old flat.

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Hi Meepok,

What u said is true. Last Saturday, was awaken by some 6-8 teenagers playing and shouting at the playground downstairs around 1.30pm. Called the TP NPC, a patrol car came after 20mins. the moment it arrived, the teenagers ran in all directions. Instead of coming down to chase them and book them, they just drive off.

In Australia or the states, If anyone try running off at the sight of a police patrol, that's it man. The guy better be prepared to be chased and mazed.

Guess what?? The group proceeded to 8th floor sky garden, called them again to inform and update them. Said they will send someone down to book them. I waited 30mins. No sight of Police... Kids still playing a fool around the garden. Called them 3rd time at 2.15am. The police officer who answer gave all sort of execuses. :drunk: I was really tired then so didn't give him a piece of my mind.

The police in Singapore are really too pampered and having too good a life compared to their western counterparts. They are all show and no action, better suited to model police uniforms and equipments for Law enforcement equipment manufacturers. :P

That's why we need to rally the support and help of all civic minded neighbours to "scan" our little neighbourhood for undesirable characters and activities.

If everyone adopts a "BO CHUB" or "non of my business" attitude, then I rest my case :bangwall:

based on my understanding, if they receive a call, they just have go down n check... BUT, if they catch anyone, they NEED TO WRITE LOTSA REPORTS. Maybe that's why they dun give chase.. Open 0.5 eye, close 1.5 eyes. :( but u call neighbourhood policepost or 999??

Hi meowie,

Its ok ah... most important is your health. Next time we can go for house viewing again ah. I will be there again this sat from 1pm. If you are around or available, can pm me ah.

I am not sure.. but u sms me when u are here? I tell u if i am around.. hehe :notti:

My house? Sigh! They came to fix my storage heater which we checked and realised it was not working. When my hubby called my ID? He said maybe his worker did not connect the wiring thats y cant work. He even told my hubby off saying that we should tell him all defects at one go. He wants to have the last payment ASAP cos his worker is waiting for his pay.

If he dare to say that to me, I would definitely tell him off. Who in good mind would fix the storage heater without connecting it? If we din check, how we know. He is making us so paranoid that we cant take things for granted and got to check through everything. I havent stayed in there yet and wouldnt have thought of checking the storage heater if not for reminder from my brother.

He better dun push his luck too far...my boiler will burst anytime. Dun make me write an official complaint to his bosses. Afterall this is his ricebowl. :furious:

yeah.. way to go, toppie.. well said.. :good::good:

based on my understanding, if they receive a call, they just have go down n check... BUT, if they catch anyone, they NEED TO WRITE LOTSA REPORTS. Maybe that's why they dun give chase.. Open 0.5 eye, close 1.5 eyes. :( but u call neighbourhood policepost or 999??

I think we as residents should do our part because it's our neighbourhood too. If any of see any of the students, we should take note of their uniform and send their school an email or something. :yamseng:

If the student were caught by police, the officers will at most take down their names and school and give them a warning. No reports would be made at all unless there's act of mischief, vandalism or other offences etc.

My house? Sigh! They came to fix my storage heater which we checked and realised it was not working. When my hubby called my ID? He said maybe his worker did not connect the wiring thats y cant work. He even told my hubby off saying that we should tell him all defects at one go. He wants to have the last payment ASAP cos his worker is waiting for his pay.

If he dare to say that to me, I would definitely tell him off. Who in good mind would fix the storage heater without connecting it? If we din check, how we know. He is making us so paranoid that we cant take things for granted and got to check through everything. I havent stayed in there yet and wouldnt have thought of checking the storage heater if not for reminder from my brother.

He better dun push his luck too far...my boiler will burst anytime. Dun make me write an official complaint to his bosses. Afterall this is his ricebowl. :furious:

Toppie / tenzion,

my id did not ask for his last payment until i shifted in for abt 2-3weeks.

when i did not called him for any more defects then he called to meet up.

actually only after u shifted in then u would notice certain defects.

in my case, my storage heater also did not work when wan to take a shower.

all wire ok, water pipe also ok but just do not heat up.

so how would u know until u shower rite.

at least my id did his job and arrange for joven to come down to check and replace a new one.

yes the storage heater is faulty.

if u paid last payment, any more defects and with tis type attitude, don't tink he will retify for u.

:yamseng:

Edited by REDCRYSTAL

Hi Neighbours!

Anybody have any spare unwanted bedroom door (left swing) to donate? :help:

My ID have arrange to heck my wall next week and realise that my door swings to the right instead of the left. Im afraid the contractors will damage it too.. :unsure:

Kindly let me know. (PM)

Thanks! :)

I think we as residents should do our part because it's our neighbourhood too. If any of see any of the students, we should take note of their uniform and send their school an email or something. :yamseng:

If the student were caught by police, the officers will at most take down their names and school and give them a warning. No reports would be made at all unless there's act of mischief, vandalism or other offences etc.

Agreed that we as residents need to do our part for our neighbourhood, but what i don't understand is why we need to do more than the official ppl. They are the one who should not have a "bo chup" attitude and why are we doing their job which they are paid to do it?? :furious:

Agreed that we as residents need to do our part for our neighbourhood, but what i don't understand is why we need to do more than the official ppl. They are the one who should not have a "bo chup" attitude and why are we doing their job which they are paid to do it?? :furious:

How i wish every body lives at 40th storey then no problem lah 8|

How i wish every body lives at 40th storey then no problem lah 8|

apologies but i beg to differ. so what if staying in 40th floor. Its the block and neighbourhood we are concern about. Do you like to see vandalised walls when you take a stroll at the sky garden and you cannot find a clean seat to sit down and have a small chats with your family and friends.

I think its also embrassing that you show your relatives and friends around the block and found vandalised walls, tables & chairs and fallen leaves everywhere. And just consider your children will be growing up in no time and they practise the same as what they saw in their neighbourhood?

Think again.

Anyway its just my 2 cents.

Edited by howlupjac

toppie, hmmm...let me say something.

i experienced the same thing as you.

workers come to install instant heaters but didn't connect the wiring.

at 1st, i was like you, angry. asked ID y he do things half way.

that time he was also waiting for last payment. (sensitive period)

so I also told him, u can do all things together, y have to do half way.

then ID explained that the one who install is plumber,

but the wiring connection part is the electrician's job.

so it is 2 separate jobs.

oooo.

but ID can still arrnage them to come together on the same day.

so that I have to bath in cold for a few days.

ur ID cannot rush u de, since u have nothing with him, take ur time.

btw, i realised i have a light white patch on my laminate flooring, just one piece.

weird. it looks like a footprint, when the floor is clean with a little water, the patch is gone but when it dry up, the patch appeared again.

I msg my ID to arrange supreme to come and take a look, no response yet.

those who do laminate flooring from supreme AC3, did supreme or ur ID give u a warranty cert for 15 years?

let me know.thanks.

When we asked the ID why nv connect the wiring, he told my hubby that he is afraid that the worker may use my heater after installation. By the time they install the heater, it is only left with the painter who is doing the rectification job. My question is...if his workers has done the job well, by the time the heater is up, everything should be good enough to handover. Yeoman also went to the same ID firm but different ID. But the attitude of the ID is totally different.

All in all, its this ID trying to give me his "pattern". At my end, I will also make sure his last payment will not be received easy. Cant believe he is waiting for the mere $700+ to pay his worker. The company should be the one to pay and not him. Trying to bullsh*t :furious:

Hi Wildreds2 and Alister,

Saw fr yr posts and think u're fr Sers too, need some advice. Do u need to pay town council to get rid of furniture and bulk items like fridge & washer? also, did u ask for extension to handover old flat and if yes, do we need to pay any $? hv gotten my keys >1 mth ago, but reno not really started cos cement screeding not done yet. Prob need to get extension to allow some time to shift out of the old flat.

Thanks in advance for your advice!

No need to pay for disposal. Go the the TC website, there is free disposal of big items for 3 items every mth. I think if u have more items, u can give them kopi money when they come to ur hse.

I asked for extension back them, but with valid reasons. U can try asking for extension as well. As long as u r holding ur keys, u have to continue paying conservancy fee for the mth. So u pay the fees for both flats.

Remember to tell PUB to cut off power & water if u are going to return the keys soon.

Hi Redwyrm,

I've already taken the Red Pill... woken up from their pork-barrel propaganda politics long ago. They say "you pay peanuts you get monkey"... but I say "we're paying macademia nuts and we're still get monkeys!"

You know they have no credibility when someone can punch you and walk away scot-free, with no arrest made by the Police whatsoever. They can tell you to lodge a complaint with the courts before they will take action since nobody died or was seriously injured. Not even taking down the particulars of the assailant.... unless you're a Member of Parliament, then that's a totally different story altogether! 8|

We all have to do our part to safe keep the neighbourhood... be it the sky gardens, the lift lobbies or carpark. Bring the age-old kampung spirit back to 79! :yamseng:

Hi meepok,

Is your L-shape rack galvanized steel? Is it 2 separate racks placed together? 4 tier or 5 tier?

What is the dimensions of your bomb shelter? Mine is 73" (L) x 58" (W). 25" & 21" to the left & right of the bomb shelter door respectively.

Most prob we will only do the rack at a latter time. Just exploring the various options now.

Hi liverpoolforlife,

Mine is 4-tier L-shape, they joined 2 racks together, not galvanized steel I think, just those normal metal frames with slots in them. My bomb shelter size is 65" x 65" square layout.

I think Toppie is coming over this Sat to see the rack... maybe can take picture and show you loh :yamseng:

Hi Redwyrm,

I've already taken the Red Pill... woken up from their pork-barrel propaganda politics long ago. They say "you pay peanuts you get monkey"... but I say "we're paying macademia nuts and we're still get monkeys!"

You know they have no credibility when someone can punch you and walk away scot-free, with no arrest made by the Police whatsoever. They can tell you to lodge a complaint with the courts before they will take action since nobody died or was seriously injured. Not even taking down the particulars of the assailant.... unless you're a Member of Parliament, then that's a totally different story altogether! 8|

We all have to do our part to safe keep the neighbourhood... be it the sky gardens, the lift lobbies or carpark. Bring the age-old kampung spirit back to 79! :yamseng:

Hi liverpoolforlife,

Mine is 4-tier L-shape, they joined 2 racks together, not galvanized steel I think, just those normal metal frames with slots in them. My bomb shelter size is 65" x 65" square layout.

I think Toppie is coming over this Sat to see the rack... maybe can take picture and show you loh :yamseng:

Oh.. actually is the matrix and everything is just an illusion?? :rofl:

Hi Redwyrm,

:yamseng:

Why this thread always like to ask people to be a jagar ah?

Last time dunring reno caliwen say must keep a look out for things , sit outside of the house and scare things kanna stolen. After reno, move in today must watch out and keep the neighbourhood... be it the sky gardens, the lift lobbies or carpark safe? 8|

No need to pay for disposal. Go the the TC website, there is free disposal of big items for 3 items every mth. I think if u have more items, u can give them kopi money when they come to ur hse.

I asked for extension back them, but with valid reasons. U can try asking for extension as well. As long as u r holding ur keys, u have to continue paying conservancy fee for the mth. So u pay the fees for both flats.

Remember to tell PUB to cut off power & water if u are going to return the keys soon.

thanks, alister. ya, i'll rem to disconnect my electrical & water supply. recently my sis gotten a bill fr SP for a flat she sold 8 yrs ago! how to check after so long??!!! :( anyone here has similar experience, can share?