Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

Hi Neighbours...

Wow a lot of reno completion soon...can I join in the hse hopping to Yeoman, Coco_myb, etc etc...

Meowie: Thanks for dropping by my unit to look at the scratches..once again i envy ur island and ur refrigerator!!!! And pls ignore TPY!!

To all neighbours- its really great knowing each other and all the help and advice during the process of my reno...unfortunately some ppl dun see the importance of networking....it goes a long way.....it has been a great experience with the neighbours of 79ers....friendly and helpful ppl...unlike some....

nowadays not many have this kind of 'neighbourship spirit' ....many live in closed doors not knowing wahts happening ard the neighbourhood..or who their neighbours are...

anyway for a start for tomorow hse hopping shall we add on to the list of who is keen for tomorrow hse hopping...

PS: i have to be at my unit abt 3pm - installation of rollerblind....

Date:10/05/08

Time:

Attendees: Liana79B

Hi Liana,

I would like to visit your house and have a look at your kitchen. Heard alot of it. Would like to join the househopping but only available at 3pm onwards. Kindly sms me your unit number as I may not be in the forum for rest of the day. I will PM you my unit number and hp number.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi Tension,

Yes. Security indeed is very much lacking in our neighbourhood.

So far, doorbells have been stolen, flats broken into, shoes stolen, cars broken into, etc. The sky garden school kids ruckus seems minor by comparison. So much for being just next to the NPC!

I did not mean for forummers to take time off and do guard duty or foot patrol around the neighbourhood... just need to be more alert to things happening around oneself... and call in the relevant authorities should one spot suspicious characters or crime in action.

Look out, help and advise one another like how we did for our reno process... that's all. Civic mindedness doesn't take much effort. :yamseng:

Well said !!

Let's just do our part and be civic minded.

Who knows when we be targeted next? :dunno:

We dun expect the authorities to stand guard outside

our house the whole day rite? :notti:

For those who are not in this "kampong" and seeking for

attention or trouble, please go elsewhere. Let's make this

forum a nice place for fellow neighbours to share and gain

knowledge and not a battlefield.. :horse:

:yamseng:

: Yeoman

: Krismas

: Toppie (joining at 3pm)

: Babymaro (joining at 3pm)

: Dracula?

: Tension_z(joining at 3pm or earlier)-will sms liana/babymaro

- Wow! :jawdrop:

- So serious?

- Wait after sent in ur queries, kana mark.

- Any 'anybao' frm gahment, wil b e 1st 1 2b out of e list.

Hi Jacky,

No lah... Singapore very Democratic one ok... gahmen won't any old how arrest people in the middle of the night and throw them in WDC one lah... old wives tale lah... Chia Thye Poh was only given a one-way trip for unlimited stay on Sentosa mah! :notti:

Don't fear!.... the numbers on your Election ballot slips are meant for you to buy 4D and huat! :dancingqueen:

I try to see if I can make it at 2.30pm. Will give you and babymaro a call if I can reach earlier.

Today is the 5th time they are repainting my bedroom. For those who dun know the details, they may think I am being picky. Yeoman, I want to see your paint work and flooring tmr. Maybe they have different team so quality of work different.

I dun want to break his ricebowl. He knows where is my flat, who knows he may create havoc for me esp when my hubby wun be back in Singapore till month end.

Babymaro/ Meepok,

I want to see your rack. So you must wait for me to come ok?

You got a PM

Hi Toppie,

Ya sure. Sms me when you reach TPY.

Hi liana,

Tentatively meeting time is set at 2pm.

: Yeoman

: Krismas

: Toppie (joining at 3pm)

: Babymaro (joining at 3pm)

: Dracula

: carelinwen

Others, please feel free to add on and we exchange contacts

via pm if its comfortable for u.

Liaising via sms easier in case there's last minute changes

:sport-smiley-003:

Yeoman,

Woo.. house hop. I'm meeting my ID in the late afternoon so may join in if hubby agrees (we may have to settle some issues before meeting ID). I will PM you my contact. Thanks.

Today is the 5th time they are repainting my bedroom. For those who dun know the details, they may think I am being picky. Yeoman, I want to see your paint work and flooring tmr. Maybe they have different team so quality of work different.

I dun want to break his ricebowl. He knows where is my flat, who knows he may create havoc for me esp when my hubby wun be back in Singapore till month end.

Toppie,

It amazes me that they will rather keep coming back to re-do and re-do than to properly finish the job... Did they sand out the uneven paint blobs before they paint over again? Maybe the old paint from brushes/roller never wash out properly? No wonder your ID try to get final payment, hee hee, then he can siam liao.

Sorry I'm not into MJ or bowling... but I like cycling... :unsure:

Anyway a while back some ppl were asking about the edges of cabinet doors. Well today I saw mine for the very first time, not even installed (carpentry just started). So here's what mine look like:

I also like taking photos...

Thanks, that would be me. =)

Yeoman,

Woo.. house hop. I'm meeting my ID in the late afternoon so may join in if hubby agrees (we may have to settle some issues before meeting ID). I will PM you my contact. Thanks.

Toppie,

It amazes me that they will rather keep coming back to re-do and re-do than to properly finish the job... Did they sand out the uneven paint blobs before they paint over again? Maybe the old paint from brushes/roller never wash out properly? No wonder your ID try to get final payment, hee hee, then he can siam liao.

hi toppie, did ur id mention anything about warranty for workmanship after handover?

cos mine have a cert for that.

Hello all,

Think it is time to refresh our contact list again. I will be revamping the list. For those who has a copy of the old list, you may want to go though and update the information. If so, can pm me too so that I can have it updated. For those who wish to be removed from the list and do not wish to have your information circulated, please let me know. For those who wish to be added into the list, please pm me your information (nick, name, blk, unit, email, contact, occupation, ID/ contractor, rom date, ad date, wedding dinner venue, bridal shop, interest, dob)

Blk A

- sushibabe

- rickyer8

- coco_mybibi

- apple68

- soudezne

- alicia

- harryp

- skywu

- whiteboxer

- shivan

- darkwing

Blk B

- slog

- JenT

- bonkitty

- twotwobravo

- carelinwen & crab

- gui99

- indulgence_queen

- redcrystal

Blk C

- doremi

- meowie49

- bethel

- zanie98

- almonddust

- m&m

- strawberry_pear

- gadgetman

- josephine

Blk D

- yingsan

- yel

- droplets

- alister

- pink_sea79

- snuffleupagus

- ms_white/ shay_d

- tension_z

- xinni

- dino

- tweakmax

Blk E

- mapleleaf

- ebing/ chrispy

- hobbes

Will send out the updated list to all once consolidated. :yamseng:

Hi all,

Just like to ask a question for those staying in Blk A. Did anyone encounter any power trip for the past 1 week? because I just went back to my new place and found there was a tripped again. Just want to check is it only my unit or the whole block issue.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Redwyrm

Hello all,

Think it is time to refresh our contact list again. I will be revamping the list. For those who has a copy of the old list, you may want to go though and update the information. If so, can pm me too so that I can have it updated. For those who wish to be removed from the list and do not wish to have your information circulated, please let me know. For those who wish to be added into the list, please pm me your information (nick, name, blk, unit, email, contact, occupation, ID/ contractor, rom date, ad date, wedding dinner venue, bridal shop, interest, dob)

coco_mybibi - u've got pm :)

how come 79E so few forummers :unsure:

Hello all,

Blk A

- sushibabe

- rickyer8

- coco_mybibi

- apple68

- soudezne

- alicia

- harryp

- skywu

- whiteboxer

- shivan

- darkwing

Blk B

- slog

- JenT

- bonkitty

- twotwobravo

- carelinwen & crab

- gui99

- indulgence_queen

- redcrystal

Blk C

- doremi

- meowie49

- bethel

- zanie98

- almonddust

- m&m

- strawberry_pear

- gadgetman

- josephine

Blk D

- yingsan

- yel

- droplets

- alister

- pink_sea79

- snuffleupagus

- ms_white/ shay_d

- tension_z

- xinni

- dino

- tweakmax

Blk E

- mapleleaf

- ebing/ chrispy

- hobbes

Will send out the updated list to all once consolidated. :yamseng:

I'm in Blk A. :dancingqueen:

Hi all,

Just like to ask a question for those staying in Blk A. Did anyone encounter any power trip for the past 1 week? because I just went back to my new place and found there was a tripped again. Just want to check is it only my unit or the whole block issue.

Thanks in advance.

I've been living in Blk A for almost a week now and no power trip so far.

I'm in Blk A. :dancingqueen:

I've been living in Blk A for almost a week now and no power trip so far.

Hi euph0bear,

Thanks for the info.

Need to call the electrician again... :(

For those meeting at 2pm- where r u guys meeting and to whose hse first?? for my unit pls drop by after 3-4pm coz workers doing installation...i will try to meet at 2pm to go other units first (hubby takes care of the hse and workers at our unit so i can siam hehe) :dancingqueen: