Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

Hi,

Actually the solution to this problem is very simple and logical. Since the root of all this problems is linked to the sky garden and the fact that it is completely out of sight of our residents and concern neighbours, HDB or TC can just start solving the problems from there.

One solution is to restrict access to the 8th and 12th floor garden to residents via a card access system or putting these areas under 24th hours CCTV surveillance. Definitely, the initial cost to implement these measures would be costly but in the long run, these cost can be defrayed by the cost saved from having to repair public properties or repaint walls due to teenage punks vandalizing the area.

However, with the inflexible mind sets and countless red tapes among our public offices, this measures may never materialize. HDB and Town council should look to Hong kong where many public housings have restricted access via card system.

To all the RC, SPF, HDB and TC folks reading this thread, please seriously consider these suggestions which will definitely create a win-win situations. If you want our votes, better start listening to the people (Singaporeans) seriously.

- abt e 'card access system', i got mixed feelings.

- in Bedok/Upper Changi area, there r few blks with 'card access system'.

- s it is public housing, e metal gate is erected at e grnd lev lift lobby.

- though they dun hav any sky or roof garden, e residents need 2 use e 'card' 2 gain entry in2 their blk then hm.

- i think they implemented it bcos 'somebody with power' suggested it.

- after implementation, there were good & bad reviews.

- in Bt. Merah/Redhill area, there is a roof garden above a mscp.

- e roof garden is not dat big & its somehow belong 2 a Kindagarten beside it.

- e entry 2 e garden is via e lift frm grnd floor 2 e highest deck where e kindergarten is.

- a metal gate is at e garden entrance & its locked.

- no nid 4 mi 2 say, many shd noe e kindergarten is set up by 'who'?

- in not so old public housing estate where e flats r Design & Build type, some of them do hav roof garden at e mscp roof deck.

- access is by means of mscp staircases.

- only residents of e blks noe where e entries r.

- most of e time, e roof garden is deserted.

- y hdb designed & incorporated a 12th sty sky garden in2 e Central Horizon in e 1st place?

- well, i gues, partly bcos without e sky garden, e 12th sty wil b another access restricted roof top with M&E services.

- with public access, anybody can go there & admire e beautiful Toa Payoh Central view.

- anybody can go there njoy e nicely landscaped 'garden'.

- but it ended up, creative & attention seekers turned up instead of ppl who really admires n njoys e sky garden.

- card access system, personally i think is best 2 install at e grnd lev lift lobby or inside e lift (typical pte apt).

- if not, e sky garden may becum another white elephant.

- even if really 2 implement e 'card access system', i gues its gona take another 1-2 yrs. After all e residents had moved in & settled dn.

- meantime, gota take other actions & measures.

- aniway, i olso like e 'card access system'.

- can some1 who got connections & good angmo pls suggest 2 e relevant authorities?

- so dat by e time they finish their study & research, all e 79 residents had already moved in & settled dn.

- e 'card access system' wil then cums in2 action at e rite time.

:rolleyes:

Edited by jaCKY777

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Whoever got strings inside BTPTC is the best ah, can pull pull abit and get them to implement it ah. If not got stings in the biggest "party" also better ah. :notti:

Write in can take a long time for them to ding dong and get back with the end results. :unsure:

Any one encounter any NEA personnel yesterday to check for stagnant water??

I was hibernating at home on MC and this uncle from NEA came and check for stagnant water. He din check very thoroughly so i was thinking is he really from NEA or not. :unsure::unsure:

Hi toppie,

The lor mee not bad. Portion alot and worth it. If got those fried wanton add on will be even better. How your brother reno?

Babymaro2003

:yamseng:

He is only collecting his keys in Sept.

Ya, once you tried the lor mee there, when u eat from elsewhere, just felt something amiss

Whoever got strings inside BTPTC is the best ah, can pull pull abit and get them to implement it ah. If not got stings in the biggest "party" also better ah. :notti:

Write in can take a long time for them to ding dong and get back with the end results. :unsure:

I think writing to Straits Times forum should help to get things moving. I heard that there are dedicated people to read through the papers for the gahmen and all these will eventually be reported to the top...But my English not so good...

Yes yes writing in to ST forum may help but NO NO to posting on Stomp.com. That place is a infestation ground for kids and ppl who have nothing to do. Looking at the comments will speak a thousand words. Haha.

Anyway, I kinda like the card-access system but I am rather mixed on it. It should do well to improve overall safety but may not be that gd against vandalism and other stuff. Sometimes have u guys ever wondered if those 'culprits' are actually residents in 79 too? Not saying that they're us. For example, I am still staying at my parents' place now while waiting for my reno to be completed. Most of the days, the lifts are flooded with urine. Ppl from other blocks dun just specially come over to use the 'loo'. I can bet they're the ppl who are actually staying in the block...the kids or their dogs. zzz. End of the day, it's a matter of upbringing & responsibility.

Am not flaming any1. Just my thoughts but I'm all for the card-access system proposal. :thumbs up:

I think writing to Straits Times forum should help to get things moving. I heard that there are dedicated people to read through the papers for the gahmen and all these will eventually be reported to the top...But my English not so good...

Tks. Will give them a ring when hse is done up. :sport-smiley-004:

I got my racks from them as well. depending on the size and shape of your storeroom, they will measure your storeroom and will recommend to you what is suitable. Mine cost $180. two 5-tier side-by side rack.

Hope it helps

Ya saw it when u did a open-hse that time we visited. Will give them a ring once hse is rdy. :yamseng:

Hey Vlanze,

My damage is about $180+. Mine is L- shaped.

Babymaro2003

For that we need to engage the help of Ms Hana again.... oops! :notti:

My england also half past six one ah, too many singlish inside already loh. Readers will laugh till "pengz".... Hehe :D

Maybe we should start the topic in the ST forum, then we continue with replies and let the matter blow sky high ah. So they know we really mean business ah. Not for fun only. :notti:

This is gd info. Can know roughly what's the damage? :thumbs up:

I guess my damage is the most expensive then.... S$280

Because i wanted white color and full length L-shaped end to end ah.... oops..... :notti:

----------------------------------------------------

For writing into ST Forum, the details are,

Please include your full name (as in IC), your address and a telephone contact number. For women, please indicate Miss, Mrs or Ms. Send your letters via e-mail: stforum@sph.com.sg or Fax (65) 6319-8289

When you write to The Straits Times Forum page, we take it that you agree to allow us to archive, resell or reproduce the letter in any way and in any medium.

If you wish to contact the editor of a particular section, a comprehensive list of our key editors is here.

Good Luck! :notti:

For that we need to engage the help of Ms Hana again.... oops! :notti:

My england also half past six one ah, too many singlish inside already loh. Readers will laugh till "pengz".... Hehe :D

Maybe we should start the topic in the ST forum, then we continue with replies and let the matter blow sky high ah. So they know we really mean business ah. Not for fun only. :notti:

I guess my damage is the most expensive then.... S$280

Because i wanted white color and full length L-shaped end to end ah.... oops..... :notti:

----------------------------------------------------

For writing into ST Forum, the details are,

Please include your full name (as in IC), your address and a telephone contact number. For women, please indicate Miss, Mrs or Ms. Send your letters via e-mail: stforum@sph.com.sg or Fax (65) 6319-8289

When you write to The Straits Times Forum page, we take it that you agree to allow us to archive, resell or reproduce the letter in any way and in any medium.

If you wish to contact the editor of a particular section, a comprehensive list of our key editors is here.

Good Luck! :notti:

Hi neighbours,

I'm your new neighbour and just got my keys. will be moving to BLK 79E. Goosh. I'm really taken aback by the problems here. :jawdrop:

I guess the security issue at Blk 79 is really bad. The sky garden is breeding group for teenage punks. 24 hours coffeeshop for drunks and fights.

and stumbled upon this post in the Straits Times,

http://comment.straitstimes.com/showthread.php?t=12809

Guess must be one of our concerned and heroic neighbour. :yamseng:

We can show him our support by replying on the topic. More people voice out, then the relevant authorities will take notice and hopefully, taken action

Edited by CUTEBABY

Hi neighbours,

I'm your new neighbour and just got my keys. will be moving to BLK 79E. Goosh. I'm really taken aback by the problems here. :jawdrop:

I guess the security issue at Blk 79 is really bad. The sky garden is breeding group for teenage punks. 24 hours coffeeshop for drunks and fights.

We can show him our support by replying on the topic. More people voice out, then the relevant authorities will take notice and hopefully, taken action

Hi Cutebaby,

Congrats on your new home, next will be ur reno and planning. Dun bother abt the problems at the moment, just remember to lock ur unit properly during reno as there were cases of break-ins during renovation in our area. Use good and strong number locks when during reno, when ur stuffs start to come in like TV, fridge, washing machine remember to change to a better lock with keys will be best.

I am your direct block neighbour :notti:

Hihi welcome aboard. Be staying in the same block as you. Guess u got your unit during the Feb BE?

Anyway, read through the post. Kudos to that fella for it! Very nicely and constructively written. Gets the pt straight across. :thumbs up: Wonder is it someone from here? :D

Hi neighbours,

BLK 79A-E VANDALISM UPDATE

I'm ****ing sick and tired of the typical gahmen red-tape process in getting things done... waited 5 bloody ****ing days for them to clean up and nothing is being done up till today... and the best thing? More graffiti has been added since my initial feedback to them!!

Shot them another email today and their reply was that they "will look into the matter and source for possible solutions to deter such acts...". What possible solutions can these overpaid gahmen scholars and retired desk generals come up with??? 24hr Cisco guard? Camera surveillance? Restricted security access? John McClane or John Rambo?

Just this afternoon while I was at the 12th floor Sky Garden, groups of students and young teens were occupying most of the tables there... some were ignorantly smoking away (very likely to be underaged)... some were eating, playing and making a din and messing up the floors with discarded food wrappers... others were engaged in acts of intimacy. One teenaged girl was even sitting on the parapet facing HDB Hub but with her legs facing inwards!!! God forbid if a gust of wind sends her reverse para-sailing down 12 floors!!

I suppose the TC or relevant authorities are waiting for something newsworthy to happen like someone falling off the 12th floor or some fatal gang fights before they start to take notice from their ivory towers???

Meanwhile, here are some of the beautiful "works of art" found on the 12th floor Sky Garden, courtesy of Singapore's future generation!!! (the result of modern day upbringing without corporal punishment in school and at home??)

Celebrating the Singapore Spirit indeed!

image037ns8.jpg

image046jy6.jpg

image047xl3.jpg

image048vj3.jpg

Edited by meepok

I'm ****ing sick and tired of the typical gahmen red-tape process in getting things done... waited 5 bloody ****ing days for them to clean up and nothing is being done up till today... and the best thing? More graffiti has been added since my initial feedback to them!!

Shot them another email today and their reply was that they "will look into the matter and source for possible solutions to deter such acts...". What possible solutions can these overpaid gahmen scholars and retired desk generals come up with??? 24hr Cisco guard? Camera surveillance? Restricted security access? John McClane or John Rambo?

Just this afternoon while I was at the 12th floor Sky Garden, groups of students and young teens were occupying most of the tables there... some were ignorantly smoking away (very likely to be underaged)... some were eating, playing and making a din and messing up the floors with discarded food wrappers... others were engaged in acts of intimacy. One teenaged girl was even sitting on the parapet facing HDB Hub but with her legs facing inwards!!! God forbid if a gust of wind sends her reverse para-sailing down 12 floors!!

I suppose the TC or relevant authorities are waiting for something newsworthy to happen like someone falling off the 12th floor or some fatal gang fights before they start to take notice from their ivory towers???

Meanwhile, here are some of the beautiful "works of art" found on the 12th floor Sky Garden, courtesy of Singapore's future generation!!! (the result of modern day upbringing without corporal punishment in school and at home??)

image037ns8.jpg

image046jy6.jpg

image047xl3.jpg

image048vj3.jpg

Wah!!! This is very terrible liao!!! It is getting from bad to worse!!!

Thought I saw only v words and very young kids ni ni wo wo.

The whole of BLK 79 will have to seal up, for residents only.

If the one next door or the what council don't do anything, we'll have to employ "foreign talents".

Each household give fews dollars to these "foreign talents" to keep unwanted alien out.

By the way, anyone knows how to make HDB flat to become private? I know there are some estates which had done this.

If the one next door or the what council don't do anything, we'll have to employ "foreign talents".

Each household give fews dollars to these "foreign talents" to keep unwanted alien out.

By the way, anyone knows how to make HDB flat to become private? I know there are some estates which had done this.

since "they" are still "looking for a way out to solve the graffiti prob" , why not we flood them with solutions and see if they would like to adopt them?? At least that s more effective rather than getting stuck at the ' reporting' stage.

I would suggest sky garden to be locked up for a period of 2 weeks / 24/7 consecutively.

I'm sure the youth would have found a new hang out place

just my suggestion...

glenn

Hi Meepok,

I haven't been up to the sky garden for a long time. Can't bear to bring myself to see all the vandalism. :jawdrop: Can you post the email address of the garmen officials you have been corresponding with. We will help to "flood" their email with complaints and solutions.

For all other neighbors here who seem to have "disappeared' when all this discussion came alive. Please do not be afraid to voice your concerns and unhappiness. This is not about politics but our homes. Remember, this is your estate too. An estate which is home to your families and your children. Without your voices, nothing will be done. I'm sure you would not want your kids to mix or influence by all these acts and street gangs running loose in our estate. If everyone adopts a KIASI (afraid attitude) or all for themselves attitude and dare not voice out against the authorities looking after our estate, be prepared for more **** and don't blame anyone else but yourselves should something happen.

:help: We need to rally as a team and make our voices heard. :help: Only with numbers will "'they'' take us seriously. Anyone with "connections" with RC or the party, please help to influence them to take action.

image037ns8.jpg

image046jy6.jpg

image047xl3.jpg

image048vj3.jpg

I guess we should start collection petitions online and submit it to the relevant authorities. Show them the number of disgruntled residents under their watch.

I will start off the signing. All our beloved neighbors. The future and security of this estate lies in your hands. Act wisely and not be afraid to voice out.............

Anyone thought of starting a "Resident's on Patrol" idea? Maybe we can get all able bodied male residents to volunteer. This will definitely send a strong signal to these teenage delinquent not to mess around our estate.

1) CuteBaby - 79E

After reading all the comments. Seriously thought about it, somehow if we introduce a system or locking the sky garden up, this may lead to other problems like "it" hang around/hidding at your corridors or staircases which makes things more worse. The elder residents or you might get heartattack - so are your dogs also don't dare to go out. "It" maybe from our neighbour blocks. Temporary solution will not solve the problem. Maybe the toilet-break guy is living in the garden - like a house lizard comes out only in the dark or when no one is around, who knows?

Once and for all, fence up BLK 79, hire sercurity guards to terminate unwanted external source. Narrow down the problem and find the "it" if "it" is from BLK 79.

This will make BLK 79 a better, safer and cleaner place to live in. And maybe more parking space for BLK 79 residents only.

Next to get rid of the rubbish truck's horn.

Almost all problems solved except the ERP problem. After that we will expand the fence area to cover the ERP gantrys and then remove it.

Anymore problems???