Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

How come there was no news send to our mailbox or notice box?

If those people not reading this forum will not knew about it. Why so poor communication? 8|:furious:

That i also dunno why they never inform via mailbox....

It is at the noticeboard of the lifts from levels 1 to 20. I only saw it last night at the notice board waiting for the lift. Maybe to save $$ or the "environment"?

:D

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

It is at the noticeboard of the lifts from levels 1 to 20. I only saw it last night at the notice board waiting for the lift. Maybe to save $$ or the "environment"?

They very confusing. Normally the event is place on the 22 to 40 lifts side notice boards. They should place notice on both side of the lift especially such an IMPORTANT NEWS. Hope that the RC member can notice this message!! :furious::furious:

Because of previous month power failure of few times, I had to spend few hundred dollar to repair my computer and til now still abit siao siao!! :furious::furious::furious:

Most likely to save $$$ cos gahmen just announced more "ang pows" for the peasants.

As if everyone reads what's posted on the notice board... half-hearted measure again.

Stoppage of power is of far more importance than the schedule for block washing... they have to prioritise accordingly.

I noticed that they no longer distribute such notice to the individual mailboxes/units anymore... not even in my parent's estate. Way back then, such notices were either inserted in the mailboxes or slipped under each unit's door. Now, they just stick a piece of paper and expect you to find out for yourself amongst the heap of notices on the board. High cost for doing so I suppose.

* Undesirable comment ahead

As my ah gong used to say, "Want to do, do a good job. If not, don't even start."

Most likely to save $$$ cos gahmen just announced more "ang pows" for the peasants.

As if everyone reads what's posted on the notice board... half-hearted measure again.

Stoppage of power is of far more importance than the schedule for block washing... they have to prioritise accordingly.

I noticed that they no longer distribute such notice to the individual mailboxes/units anymore... not even in my parent's estate. Way back then, such notices were either inserted in the mailboxes or slipped under each unit's door. Now, they just stick a piece of paper and expect you to find out for yourself amongst the heap of notices on the board. High cost for doing so I suppose.

* Undesirable comment ahead

As my ah gong used to say, "Want to do, do a good job. If not, don't even start."

There was another saying not long ago too leh....

"Kiang Jiu Ho, Mai Ke Kiang!"

Translate (in singlish): Clever can already, dun act extra clever

Hehe.... :notti:

ATTENTION BLK 79E RESIDENTS ONLY!

There will be a Temporary Power Shut Down on 22nd August 2008, Friday from 10am - 4pm. So remember to clear your fridge of food that can go bad or ice cubes which will melt. Buy battery pumps for your fishes, torch lights for toilets (only applicable to those at home). Hehe.... :D

:yamseng:

yeah... in response to that. Blk 79C will have power shut down tomorrow!!!

which is 20th Aug 2008!!!! WTH... today then they put flyer below ur door!!!

:curse: borrow fridge ar..... who got fridge to lend??? :unsure:

yeah... in response to that. Blk 79C will have power shut down tomorrow!!!

which is 20th Aug 2008!!!! WTH... today then they put flyer below ur door!!!

:curse: borrow fridge ar..... who got fridge to lend??? :unsure:

i think the schedule is

20th Aug 2008 - 79C

21st Aug 2008 - 79D

22nd Aug 2008 - 79E

So today is 79B???

Hmm...... :dunno:

I think you have a whole load of stuff in your fridge to move ah.... better get someone closer at 79B or 79D ah... hopefully they wun take 6 hours to start back the power... if not dun know how many Arowanas, discus will start floating.... :(

May I also suggest that some sort of signage be placed around the sky garden walls... something like "Area Under Surveillance..." which Alister mentioned about earlier. Whether or not they're going to install real surveillance camera is another issue. Just like those red light cameras... some could be fakes. Well, at least it may help deter some of these would-be punks from doing the dirty deed!

I have done up the signs in A3 paper size. Can someone help me to put up the notices at the garden ? Can SMS me or PM me to let me know.

Thanks

Today was 79B's turn for power supply disruption. According to notice in lift, 10am-4pm, but actually only went off at 2pm in my flat, for only half an hour.

BTW I just got a letter from IRAS saying my property's (4-rm) annual value is $7500 (for property tax). Anyone else got the same figure?

BTW I just got a letter from IRAS saying my property's (4-rm) annual value is $7500 (for property tax). Anyone else got the same figure?

I also received the letter abt the annual value ot $7500. Have to pay property tax of $146.33 by 16th Sept.

I have done up the signs in A3 paper size. Can someone help me to put up the notices at the garden ? Can SMS me or PM me to let me know.

Thanks

I can help with putting up the signs but first I got to know the TC's stand on this... will I be penalised for displaying these signs instead? Cos it's also a form of vandalism since I'm not authorised by the TC or HDB.

Can any of the RC or TC people reading advise on this? Hana79?

It seems that our concern for the Sky Garden turning into a notorious cesspool has not been seriously acknowledged. I'm not sure what can be achieved with the proposed meeting with the TC or SPF, since they already know the root of the problem. Now, it's just a matter for them to act and put a stop to all these vandalism. Either convert the Sky Garden to restricted access or install surveillance equipment to prevent further deterioration as many suggested.

Serious crime may not have been committed yet, but do we really want to act only after it happens?? These troublemaking bastards may soon tire of the Sky Garden and make their way to our flats & corridors... stealing shoes/slippers (just happened to me as well), smashing potted plants, setting fire to discarded garbage, etc. Do we then expect the SPF to attend to these ikan bilis cases?? Or do we expect them to foot patrol our corridors??

Prevention is always best. Complacency is not an excuse.

We already have acts of vandalism, underaged smoking, illegal gatherings, daredevil stunt kids, water-bomb Olympians in training. Even though not every act has been reported to the authorities, I'm sure they know what's going on in their estate. Do we really have to wait for something drastic or fatal to happen before things get done??

I sincerely hope that after the proposed meeting. The relevant authorities will act on the matter and resolve our concerns for the Sky Garden.

Does anyone know what measures were taken for Sky Garden in other estates facing similar problems??

- property value proposed at $7500.

- property tax payable $100.47-

- mi paid liao.

- 4 those who paying thru SAM/AXS machine, b sure 2 select e other taxes option tab.

- dun b like mi, selected e personal income tax tab & it went thru.

- paid liao then recalled incum tax oleady paid long ago.

- gota call IRAS during working hrs 2 transfer e paid $$$.

:wacko:

I also received the letter abt the annual value ot $7500. Have to pay property tax of $146.33 by 16th Sept.

- think ur unit e highest, so gota pay slightly more.

:P

:wacko:

- think ur unit e highest, so gota pay slightly more.

:P

No lah. B'cos I got my keys last Oct, they started counting from Oct lor.

I can help with putting up the signs but first I got to know the TC's stand on this... will I be penalised for displaying these signs instead? Cos it's also a form of vandalism since I'm not authorised by the TC or HDB.

Can any of the RC or TC people reading advise on this? Hana79?

It seems that our concern for the Sky Garden turning into a notorious cesspool has not been seriously acknowledged. I'm not sure what can be achieved with the proposed meeting with the TC or SPF, since they already know the root of the problem. Now, it's just a matter for them to act and put a stop to all these vandalism. Either convert the Sky Garden to restricted access or install surveillance equipment to prevent further deterioration as many suggested.

Serious crime may not have been committed yet, but do we really want to act only after it happens?? These troublemaking bastards may soon tire of the Sky Garden and make their way to our flats & corridors... stealing shoes/slippers (just happened to me as well), smashing potted plants, setting fire to discarded garbage, etc. Do we then expect the SPF to attend to these ikan bilis cases?? Or do we expect them to foot patrol our corridors??

Prevention is always best. Complacency is not an excuse.

We already have acts of vandalism, underaged smoking, illegal gatherings, daredevil stunt kids, water-bomb Olympians in training. Even though not every act has been reported to the authorities, I'm sure they know what's going on in their estate. Do we really have to wait for something drastic or fatal to happen before things get done??

I sincerely hope that after the proposed meeting. The relevant authorities will act on the matter and resolve our concerns for the Sky Garden.

Does anyone know what measures were taken for Sky Garden in other estates facing similar problems??

- u r rite, man.

- s wat i'd told Hana, there r 'external ppl' reading e Renotalk forum, particularly e more popular threads like e TPY Ctrl 79.

- wat u'v mentioned r correct.

- e way e relevant authorities do their work olso not wrong.

- all things wil hapen eventually, but wil only take place 1 step at a time.

- e process of residents complaining, HDB, TC, RCC & NPC meetings, reviewing issues & problems, suggestions, approvals, tender, implementation, feedback, evaluation... wil slowly happen along e course.

- no short cut is wat i meant. :o

- if i'm not wrong, Sky Garden, we r e 1st 4 public housing.

- Roof Garden, there r many. esp on e topmost deck of MSCP (multi-storey carpark).

- e estate which has e most Roof Garden is Punggol.

- other estate olso hav, particularly Design & Build (design by pte sector architects) flats & mixed developement complex (mixture of residential & commercial in e same building).

- so far i'v only seen 1 in Bt. Merah, locked by means of metal gate & padlock. Seems like e Roof Garden belongs 2 e child care ctr beside it.

- other design & build flats with Roof Garden do not hav restricted access.

- we r among e pioneer for public housing with 40 storey of flats & with Sky Garden in e mid-level.

- across e rd, over at lor 1A, they do not hav Sky Garden but they hav Roof Garden over their MSCP.

- they hav more hidden corners which can play 'hide & seek'.

- more free show over there but i dunoe wat r e actions being taken.

- pte apt no need 2 say, they r restricted 2 residents only. :deal:

:rolleyes:

No lah. B'cos I got my keys last Oct, they started counting from Oct lor.

- oh yah. u r rite, man.

- btw, its very nice of u 2 print e 'warning' signage.

- but i think u gota hold on 2 it 1st.

- better 2 check with TC, esp. during e scheduled meeting whether can paste anot.

- aniway, its jus my personal view. ;)

Edited by jaCKY777

My replies in blue: -

The police can't do much if they don't see any crime/vandalism in progress. They can only increase their patrol and question those punks to prevent further vandalism. With regards to safety, I guess it's now up to each house to do their own protection and prevention. I don't expect the boys in blue to do foot patrol for every floor, that's asking too much. With limited resources, I suppose what they're doing now should be sufficient. The ball is now in our court.

Yep, police cant press charges unless some crime is in progress. I believe police presence can be of some assistance cos, potential troublemakers may think twice. So, step up patrol is good but I never seen them. Jacky said he saw police on patrol so I guess ok lor. U shud tell police@meeting to patrol@ those times those punks/misbehaving kids hang ard Gdn. .

As for the TC, what I would like to know is what are their long-term plans to keep the Sky Garden free from all the vandalism? Are they planning to install some form of restricted access gate or surveillance cameras? Or simply wait for more vandalism to occur then clean up the mess? If it is the latter, I rest my case. No point for me to get all hot and bothered when they don't seem as eager. But rest assured that I will continue to post photos of future vandalised walls here for all to see.

I agree w resident forummer who suggested card access...then agn, TC sure cite cost as consideration factor, sigh!

My complaint about the vandalised walls was only rectified after 2 weeks. I suppose I was asking for too much when I expected them to clean up within a few days.

I guess by now, the authorities would have known about our concerns already since i was told we have RC, TC and SPF people reading the forum. Namely the vandalism & gathering of trouble-makers on the Sky Garden. The security issue can be reviewed at a later stage when more neighbours start to move in, since most of the break-in cases were under-secured flats undergoing reno.

I dunno if ALL Relevant authorities r indeed readin tis forum (I gather RC chair only read letter2 him recently)

So it seems that the issue on hand is more of a concern for the TC than the NPP.

My undesirable comments in some posts may be too painful for some. The truth hurts. My apologies but my stand remains. :bow:

Anyway, many many thanks to Hana, for helping to relay our concerns to the relevant authorities. :good:

Dun mention it, jus doin my little part 2help improve tis neighborhood, of wch I'm part of : )

Hey Hana79,

- my false ceiling? aiya, gona amend after e flooring is done loh. Not totally contractor's fault. :D

- 'pingpong'? anybody interested in playing 'pingpong'? :unsure:

- mi hands kinda itchy liao. Need somebody 2 play with so dat i can practice my long lost skill of 'scrurew tariak'. :notti:

Regarding e meeting wif TPY RC Zone 2, NPC, TC & HDB rep., i think basically need 2 find out frm them ->

- wat r e preventive measures, remedy actions on security, nuisance & cleanliness issues dat r in place 4 e whole blk of 79? :huh:

- feedback ur observations, highlite ur concerns, giv suggestions, rather than complain. :idea:

- 4 security, find out more in-depth on NPC's role in 79. :fire:

- 4 area cleanliness, find out more in-depth on TC's role & schedule. :deal:

- 4 illegal parking at service driveway all day long, 'free parking' during wkends, find out more in-depth on HDB's measures. :deal:

- RCC, wil bring 2gether all e relevant 'parties', a stepping platform where residents go thru them.

They olso organize 'educational' & 'meaniful' activities 4 residents. :sport-smiley-003:

- 4 e sky garden, mayb can cum up with some 'special access' thingy, which was discus earlier;

(1) Instal metal gate at all sky garden access.

(2) Instal card reading device.

(2) Only residents of 79 have e access card which has a 'chip' in it. 1 card /unit. :jail:

- i belief BTPY TC, TPY RC Zone 2, TPY NPC oleady hav certain 'plans' in store. Jus dat they need time 2 execute & implement it.

- s residents, gota pressurize them so s 2 speed up all e process.

- HDB, TC, RCC & NPC oleady in 'business' 4 'donkey' yrs liao.

- if 'they' r unaware & incapable of dealing with such 'issues' since day 1 in operation, then i think 'they' can 'close shop' liao. :wacko:

Hey Jacky,

So many questions u expect me 2ask on ur behalf ah? U ask them urself la, I wanna listen & ask other qns oso, hee.

Yoz Hana, thanks for the work. You will definitely have our support.

- Proposed Meeting w NPP, 2b arranged by TPCZone2 RC

- Time: 3pm, Sat 6 Sept* OR, Sat 13 Sept*. Pls indicate if u wish to hv dialogue w NPP* and/or Town Council*

- Agenda:

i) burglaries, suspicious characters@ fire escape stairs (info & preventive measures, advice)

ii) recommendations on unbecoming conduct of students/punks loiterin@SkyGdn..(graffiti, litterin, intimacy..)

iii) dangerous acts eg. sittin on railing, ball flyin over railing onto passersby/ vehicles below, water bombs...)

iv) any other (residents'/NPP/TC*) observations & comments

1. Hana79 - Blk C. NPP & TC. 6 Sep (13 Sep ok but earlier better)

2. Meepok & Babymaro2003 - Blk E. Sat 3pm

3. Khim & missy - Blk D. Sun 5pm

4. Stay79 & hubby - Blk E. Sat 3pm

5. Dracula & Wife - Blk E. NPP & TC. 6 Sep (my agenda will be mainly i & ii)

6. Meowie49 - Blk C. 6 Sep

Hi Meowie,

Thx, whr u been? Doggies obedient? Dun whack too much ah, hehe.

Yeah man! Thanks Hana for the time taken and effort to talk to the RC Chairman regarding the concerns of Blk 79 safety and security.

Hail Hana! Hail Hana! Hail Hana!

:jammin::jammin::jammin:

Hi Drac,

No need 2thank la. I jus relay some concerns, wch r very real, tats all.

He willing 2arrange meetin, I tot gd we can hear frm horse's mouth any advice.., and we oso feedback our many probs encountered... so, wat their course of action?..

Edited by Hana79