Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

Yeah actually i saw a student being handcuffed and brought to the petrol car a few weeks back at 79C in front of the bus stop. My guess it could be one of the glue sniffers or "Michael Fay" wannabe graffiti artist.

Should ask them to read between my lines man..... Hehe... :notti:

The Straits Times seldom publish "Gossip" news ah, normally its either TNP, TODAY or LHWB loh. ST only publish the Bull & Bear, Anwar, $$$ not enough issues and who giving $$$ to who next lah. Where got time to entertain news like Blk 79 TPY? :dancingqueen:

I think the MIBs are doing what they can to control the situation... I know that they're short of manpower, etc. So kudos to them for trying their best to safe keep the neighbourhood.

The real issue now is what needs to be done to control the happenings on the Sky Garden? Restricted access is definitely a brilliant idea but I suppose cost would be an issue with the HDB/TC.

Since ours is the first Sky Garden for HDB flats... the relevant authorities should study and think of ways to prevent it from being eroded by acts of vandalism or crime. I guess they never expect such notorious acts when they designed the place in the beginning. The 8th level garden above the MSCP never has such problems. Maybe because it does not have walls to hide and shield the trouble-makers.

They can't depend on the MIB to patrol the Sky Garden 24/7 can they?? Acknowledge the problem and think of a solution instead of passing the responsibility to the residents! It is time to stop all these acts of Tai-Chi so rampant within the Civil Service.

* Undesirable Comments ahead

We're paying you First-World Top Dollar salaries... of cos we demand nothing less than World Class performance & results!

Edited by meepok

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

wow..read the article

well well..

was kinda disappointed abt the reply given by various authorities

1 mentioned tat residents are being educated abt crime prevention measures..

wonder wat hve they taught us so far :notti: ...

the only thing i knew/noticed so far was the notice tat was pasted at the lift landing ..

the other 1 mentioned that

"security factors are carefully considered in the design ..."

hmmm...

anyway..

lets jus hope tat wif this article,

it will hinder non-residents from "invading" our blocks & garden

by khim's missy...

No lah. B'cos I got my keys last Oct, they started counting from Oct lor.

Thanks. Yes, that explains why our annual value is the same but the tax required differs.

BTW I oso kena theft. My wife's bicycle is locked outside our unit, and the bell got stolen. I also thought I noticed some new cuts on the bicycle lock's cable. There must be some 'free' people going around.

One of the current 'innovative ideas' is to use fishing rods to steal things. So be aware if you leave your front door open.

I think the MIBs are doing what they can to control the situation... I know that they're short of manpower, etc. So kudos to them for trying their best to safe keep the neighbourhood.

The real issue now is what needs to be done to control the happenings on the Sky Garden? Restricted access is definitely a brilliant idea but I suppose cost would be an issue with the HDB/TC.

Since ours is the first Sky Garden for HDB flats... the relevant authorities should study and think of ways to prevent it from being eroded by acts of vandalism or crime. I guess they never expect such notorious acts when they designed the place in the beginning. The 8th level garden above the MSCP never has such problems. Maybe because it does not have walls to hide and shield the trouble-makers.

They can't depend on the MIB to patrol the Sky Garden 24/7 can they?? Acknowledge the problem and think of a solution instead of passing the responsibility to the residents! It is time to stop all these acts of Tai-Chi so rampant within the Civil Service.

* Undesirable Comments ahead

We're paying you First-World Top Dollar salaries... of cos we demand nothing less than World Class performance & results!

I got a brilliant idea. Since many residents are young couples, I'm sure alot of us males still kena ICT. The police should come up with a joint exercise with SAF and maybe we male residents can do our ICT at sky garden.

Put up sand bags and machine gun post at the entrance from every block. We can practise "camp defense" while doing our ICT there mah.

Kill 2 birds with 1 stone. Police no manpower, we got alot of NSmen...... Go back SAF also Cho bor....... Might as well guard our own homes . Like that, TC don't have to spend $$$ on card access and residents can patrol the garden. All the teens and undesirable characters will definitely stay away seeing all the men in no. 4 with guns. haha.......:dancingqueen:

Edited by CUTEBABY

Thanks. Yes, that explains why our annual value is the same but the tax required differs.

BTW I oso kena theft. My wife's bicycle is locked outside our unit, and the bell got stolen. I also thought I noticed some new cuts on the bicycle lock's cable. There must be some 'free' people going around.

One of the current 'innovative ideas' is to use fishing rods to steal things. So be aware if you leave your front door open.

Wow... if i see them use fishing rod or bamboo or even their hands through my door, i will slam the door in their face and hopefully break their nose. Hopefully i dun see any man.... :furious:

Meepok, maybe we should gather all the guys and sit at the 12 storey garden at night where all the smooching and petting are happening and enjoy the show ah.... That would be fun.... Haha.... :notti:

I got a brilliant idea. Since many residents are young couples, I'm sure alot of us males still kena ICT. The police should come up with a joint exercise with SAF and maybe we male residents can do our ICT at sky garden.

Put up sand bags and machine gun post at the entrance from every block. We can practise "camp defense" while doing our ICT there mah.

Kill 2 birds with 1 stone. Police no manpower, we got alot of NSmen...... Go back SAF also Cho bor....... Might as well guard our own homes . Like that, TC don't have to spend $$$ on card access and residents can patrol the garden. All the teens and undesirable characters will definitely stay away seeing all the men in no. 4 with guns. haha.......:dancingqueen:

No lah. If ICT at 79, we have nowhere to ROC leh. So open for all to see. Hard to 'eat snake'. :P

Wow... if i see them use fishing rod or bamboo or even their hands through my door, i will slam the door in their face and hopefully break their nose. Hopefully i dun see any man.... :furious:

Meepok, maybe we should gather all the guys and sit at the 12 storey garden at night where all the smooching and petting are happening and enjoy the show ah.... That would be fun.... Haha.... :notti:

Haha onz lah! But must have at least M18 or R21 standard leh.... if not, waste of time to see NC-16 or PG stuff!

Actually I don't mind them getting intimate on the Sky Garden, as long as within the legal OB markers... kiss kiss hug hug ok lah... Singaporeans very cham leh since gahmen destroyed all the "catch monkey" places! Too bad no budget hotels nearby... nearest also Balestier! So I suppose they will proceed to the 'hidden' staircases for the 2nd act then?? :dribble:

What I'm more pissed about is the vandalism and gathering of trouble making punks! Someone mentioned 10 to 20 punks gathering in 1 location??? I expect the "ang chia", MIBs and mata dogs to flood 79! Or do they only mobilise them when a certain Opposition Party member organizes some non-violent protest???

Edited by meepok

Hi all

I would like to share this article on scamming contributor by a fellow Singapore. I saw this advert on the papers and was wondering about it. Now I know it's a scam. Be on your guard....

Since 28th Jul 2008, you would have seen full or half page Straits Times Ads from this overseas company “US Company” giving out free lunches/dinners plus a chance to win free iphones. It consists of a 90 mins presales talk with free lunch/dinner and a paid S$100 full day workshop with free lunch and sandwich dinner which is actually a sales promotion of vastly overpriced website packages.

The details were as follows :

Date of Ads Date and place of conference

28/07/08 14/8, 16/8, Crown Plaza Hotel

30/07/08 15/8, 16/8, Crown Plaza Hotel

05/08/08 19/8, 20/8, Grand Mercure Roxy Hotel

11/08/08 13/8, 15/8, Crown Plaza Hotel

By Online Registration 22/8, 23/8

However, behind these attractive freebies, do you know how many peoples in the world have been scammed into buying their vastly overpriced website package.

You just need to type into Google : storesonline scam and you can see many complaints from all over the world.

First, take a look at one of these links which describe this scam :

http://www.exportbureau.com/fraud_report.h...nt_storesonline

“A high pressure sales seminar scam under the name StoresOnline run by American company iMergent have been hosting free dinner events across Asia. Visitors are pressured into paying a token fee to go to an all day workshop to learn "secrets of internet sales"…….”

Then, take a look at the reliability report from BBB :

According to the BBB (Better Business Bureau) reliability report as of 11th Aug 2008 : http://utah.bbb.org/WWWRoot/Report.aspx?si...mp;firm=2000585

They processed a total of 564 complaints about this company in the last 36 months.

The countries involved includes Texas, Australia, Illinois, North Carolina, Connecticut, Oregon which have their court cases listed in the report as well as complaints from other countries.

I also received the letter abt the annual value ot $7500. Have to pay property tax of $146.33 by 16th Sept.

wah..alister, ours more expensive by a few cents than u leh...$146.64. even a few days difference from your key collection date actually makes a difference wor. what the fish. i miss staying with parents...no need to pay so many things... :(

Finally, public awareness of the situation!

But it seems to focus more on the thefts rather than the on-goings on the sky garden. But it's a start.

The HDB spokesman said: "Security factors are carefully considered in the design of HDB flats and precincts. The sky garden adopts an open concept that is seen easily from the surrounding blocks. Carparks are built at easily accessible locations with decks and staircases that can be viewed by residents."

But residents themselves need to be vigilant, the spokesman added, especially if the precinct is new and residents are moving in progressively.

Got said like never said like that... in short, I think he meant "You die your business". meepok, I agree with u! hai...although we stay at a lower floor, at times we could hear the noise created from the Sky Garden... do we look like we sit at home, shake legs and always ready to catch law-breakers? might as well not have a Sky Garden...so many issues, so troublesome. whoever this spokesperson is should stop talking big. dun live here and know nuts about anything.

I wonder which surrounding blocks have a clear view of the 12th level sky garden??? HDB Hub?? S'pore Flyer??? Or they expect those 13th floor units next to the sky garden to be their 24/7 security guards??? If it can be clearly seen, then why so much vandalism and mayhem??? I think a primary school kid can tell a much better 'story'!

Dear Ms Celine Lim (cellsf@sph.com.sg) and new readers to this forum via The New Paper,

You may wish to note the following rebuttal against the anonymous HDB Spokesman in your article.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The HDB spokesman said: "Security factors are carefully considered in the design of HDB flats and precincts. The sky garden adopts an open concept that is seen easily from the surrounding blocks. Carparks are built at easily accessible locations with decks and staircases that can be viewed by residents."

But residents themselves need to be vigilant, the spokesman added, especially if the precinct is new and residents are moving in progressively.

Dear Mr Anonymous HDB Spokesman,

I refer to your comments featured on 20 August in The New Paper article "Thieves hit units under renovation".

It seems that you may not have a clear understanding of the structural design of the 12th level Sky Garden at Blk 79A-E. The only visible section of the Sky Garden are the unsheltered adjoining area between the 2 adjacent blocks. These are the only area which can be seen unobstructed from the higher units of the adjacent blocks. For your information, these area were not vandalised nor were they the gathering spots for the aforementioned trouble-makers.

The bulk of the vandalism & illegal, noisy gatherings occur in the sheltered area below the 5 blocks. Visually blocked off by the walls on the 3 sides, there is no clear view of these "hidden" areas. Not even from the units above, let alone from neighbouring blocks. Unless you're talking about the view from HDB Hub using binoculars? Or were you talking about the 8th level garden above the MSCP which has a 360 degree unobstructed view from the blocks behind?

The 12th level Sky Garden now bears the scars of such acts of vandalism. Uneven paint work patches can be seen all over the walls in a bid to cover up the graffiti. Burnt marks are still visible in certain corners on the floor. Trust me on this, more of such artworks will appear in no time for you to clean up.

It is time to find a solution to this nagging problem instead of over-relying on the boys in blue to help patrol the area or by asking the residents to be vigilant. Pray tell how should the residents be vigilant about the shenanigans on the Sky Garden? Are we supposed to patrol the area every hour? Set up a security clearance booth at every entrance to the garden?

So please Mr HDB Spokesman, can you for once admit that the 12th level Sky Garden has security design flaws instead of constantly pushing the responsibility to the residents and sadly, telling half-truths to the media and public?

It is only right for the HDB to rectify this flaw and help prevent the further deterioration of the Sky Garden into a cesspool for vandalism, illegal gatherings, glue-sniffing, killer littering and other acts of public nuisance.

Thank you.

Yours sincerely,

Meepok

a concerned pigeon-hole peasant

Edited by meepok

hi all,

there are a few types of ppl to look out for. This is what i found suspicious.

1) 2 men pushing a big box(like some type of household applicance such as washing machine). They have like APPEARED on my level 2 times already. Both time, it is in the afternoon and they took a lift to my level( not from the carpark). Which means, they PURPOSELY came to the level, YET, they seems to GO TO THE WRONG level coz both time, they will look around and leave.

2) 1 middle-age man carrying a bag. The bag looks like those bag where workers placed their toolkits. This man came in the early evening. Again, purposely took lift to my level and look around then left.

In case u all are wondering, my level ar.... 1 unit had yet to finish renovation. 3 units always open wooden door. Hence, I do not think ANYTHING could have happen and ANYTHING could be done. Perhap that account for why these man just "lookaound" and left. :dunno::dunno:

On a side note, beware of the following people.

1) 1 early 30s female indian with her little boy.

2) 1 late 40s female indian. (In pajamas)

I have not met the 40s female indian. But it happened to my neighbour. This is what happened.

I am at home cooking when someone pressed my dorbell urgently. I went to the door and there I saw the early 30s female with her boy. She sounded urgent and told me she is my neighbour from #02-37. Although I thought no one on the level 2 had moved in yet, i took her words for it as she sounded urgent. She told me her elder son is in hospital. Broke his leg or what. She needs to rush to hospital, but she cant get her husband. She hoped i can lend her $55. Looking at her anxious face, I took my last $50 note and passed to her. Very soon, I realised I was cheated coz there is no #02-37. :furious::furious:

So ppl, dun be too kind. Well, at least, if you wanna help out, then please remember to check IC. Haiz.. this incident made me racist. Sorry, but i cant help it. :furious:

Dear Ms Celine Lim (cellsf@sph.com.sg) and new readers to this forum via The New Paper,

You may wish to note the following rebuttal against the anonymous HDB Spokesman in your article.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Mr Anonymous HDB Spokesman,

I refer to your comments featured on 20 August in The New Paper article "Thieves hit units under renovation".

It seems that you may not have a clear understanding of the structural design of the 12th level Sky Garden at Blk 79A-E. The only visible section of the Sky Garden are the unsheltered adjoining area between the 2 adjacent blocks. These are the only area which can be seen unobstructed from the higher units of the adjacent blocks. For your information, these area were not vandalised nor were they the gathering spots for the aforementioned trouble-makers.

The bulk of the vandalism & illegal, noisy gatherings occur in the sheltered area below the 5 blocks. Visually blocked off by the walls on the 3 sides, there is no clear view of these "hidden" areas. Not even from the units above, let alone from neighbouring blocks. Unless you're talking about the view from HDB Hub using binoculars? Or were you talking about the 8th level garden above the MSCP which has a 360 degree unobstructed view from the blocks behind?

The 12th level Sky Garden now bears the scars of such acts of vandalism. Uneven paint work patches can be seen all over the walls in a bid to cover up the graffiti. Burnt marks are still visible in certain corners on the floor. Trust me on this, more of such artworks will appear in no time for you to clean up.

It is time to find a solution to this nagging problem instead of over-relying on the boys in blue to help patrol the area or by asking the residents to be vigilant. Pray tell how should the residents be vigilant about the shenanigans on the Sky Garden? Are we supposed to patrol the area every hour? Set up a security clearance booth at every entrance to the garden?

So please Mr HDB Spokesman, can you for once admit that the 12th level Sky Garden has security design flaws instead of constantly pushing the responsibility to the residents and sadly, telling half-truths to the media and public?

It is only right for the HDB to rectify this flaw and help prevent the further deterioration of the Sky Garden into a cesspool for vandalism, illegal gatherings, glue-sniffing, killer littering and other acts of public nuisance.

Thank you.

Yours sincerely,

Meepok

a concerned pigeon-hole peasant

Out of Topic for awhile...

Our kitchen window not only there is no Sun, not even the rain can get into the kitchen. We can only rely on the wind (if there is any) or the vastly promoted CityGas clothes dryer, when we are told to save the environment, and yet you are encouraging us to use the clothes dryer which burns off more gas then cooking.

Back to the sky garden issue...

That was his Million Dollar answer to the situation.

Actually we shouldn't be saying that the 12th level sky garden has design flaws, but rather we need to enhance the already flawed Hong Kong Architect design which only applies for Hong Kong and not Singapore.

Too many hidden pillars and doors covering the staircase. If you try walking the sky garden at night, its rather scary that you may get robbed any moment or get whacked by thugs and not a soul will even know what has happened there.

Somebody should start getting off their big fat arses and walk around the sky garden to assess the situation rather then sprouting rubbish when even the cleaner auntie knows more.

What a full load of turds when you say that "The sky garden adopts an open concept that is seen easily from the surrounding blocks". Which surrounding blocks can see the sky garden? Maybe they should take a photo from that "surrounding block" and see which part of the sky garden can be seen.

I think they got mixed up by 12th storey sky garden with the 8th storey MSCP garden. Too much good life till dunno how to wake up their bloody ideas. Still thinking that since Singapore is a safe country, we can R&R and wait for more serious stuffs to surface then we talk again.

Haiz.....

A disappointed resident of HDB (but what can we do again?). Shut up and continue with our pathetic peasants lifestyle and wait for more $$$ to drop from the "sky".

:yamseng:

1) 2 men pushing a big box(like some type of household applicance such as washing machine). They have like APPEARED on my level 2 times already. Both time, it is in the afternoon and they took a lift to my level( not from the carpark). Which means, they PURPOSELY came to the level, YET, they seems to GO TO THE WRONG level coz both time, they will look around and leave.

I think this one is there to collect empty carton boxes, i may have seen them at my block lobby before, but dunno is it the same ppl. Just becareful and anything can always call our Mr MIB to check the areas.

2) 1 middle-age man carrying a bag. The bag looks like those bag where workers placed their toolkits. This man came in the early evening. Again, purposely took lift to my level and look around then left.

This one is it the uncle doing the gate hinges? Hehe.... :notti:

I have not met the 40s female indian. But it happened to my neighbour. This is what happened.

I am at home cooking when someone pressed my dorbell urgently. I went to the door and there I saw the early 30s female with her boy. She sounded urgent and told me she is my neighbour from #02-37. Although I thought no one on the level 2 had moved in yet, i took her words for it as she sounded urgent. She told me her elder son is in hospital. Broke his leg or what. She needs to rush to hospital, but she cant get her husband. She hoped i can lend her $55. Looking at her anxious face, I took my last $50 note and passed to her. Very soon, I realised I was cheated coz there is no #02-37. :furious::furious:

Wah.... new tactic ah... never hear before leh. Sometimes it is hard to reject such ppl, so the best is dun open the door and carry on with your own stuffs. If they really in need, can always seek the help from Mr MIB again. If they want to borrow sugar and salt, can go Ang Mo or NTUC and buy... Hehehe.... :notti:

Will take note of the issue.... Thank you :notti:

Edited by Dracula