Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

Ya very true Babymaro, imagine for those staying at the upper floors....

- Walk to 2nd flr of mscp

- Walk via linkway to own block (and risk being 'ambushed')

- Either take lift to 21st flr or 1st flr for TRANSIT

- Change to other lift to go to higher flrs

- Reach own flr FINALLY

OMG! This is rather dumb.... :furious:

Anyway, also noticed the many closed doors at the many stairways....next time can bring doggies there to play hide and seek....haha ;)

Nowadays the flat designs are getting from bad to weird... my guess is too much $$$ stuck in their brain cells and cannot think properly ah.

Regarding the transit issue, i guess u got to live with that since there is no way they are going to rectify this issue.

Sooner or later they are going to have alot of complains from residents in regards to the number of carpark lots allocated to the residents. too much units, not enough lots.... :notti:

Can see that u guys are having fun with the lifts. Will hope to be able to join in the party more often after we moved in. :sport-smiley-004:

On the lift, why cant they make the higher-flr lifts service the 2nd floor too? This will make it easier to access the mscp via the 2nd flr linkway...

Anyway, oc and me checked out the sky-garden for the 1ST TIME on Sat (ya...u heard it right...1st time ever since we got our keys). Must admit that we can find a lot of 'cosy' corners. Especially the benches which are facing the HDB hub. No1 can see u unless they have binos. Haha. Also didnt notice that there are lifts in the mscp...OMG...we are 'suaku'.

Any other things which we have missed out? :thumbs up:

Am really looking forward to moving in.... :D

I am even worse then you ah.... Till now I have not even stepped into the MSCP garden or even smell the air around there ah. Too troublesome and I dun even know how to get there.... Hehe.... :notti:

I only can see from my block, while throwing the rubbish :dancingqueen:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Nowadays the flat designs are getting from bad to weird... my guess is too much $$$ stuck in their brain cells and cannot think properly ah.

Regarding the transit issue, i guess u got to live with that since there is no way they are going to rectify this issue.

Sooner or later they are going to have alot of complains from residents in regards to the number of carpark lots allocated to the residents. too much units, not enough lots.... :notti:

Actually there is 1 solution...they should allow the lifts serving the upper flrs to serve the 2nd flr and the sky garden flr too. At least ppl on the upper flrs can access these features w/o having to TRANSIT.

Or the other thing which they can do is to increase the number of flrs in the MSCP...imagine a 20+ flr HDB mscp in SG...first of its kind...haha. Every1 will be spinning like mad when driving up or down...haha. :P

Hey guys & gals, uncles & aunties,

- many yrs bak, had heard sumtine abt dis 'panic button' thingy. S its not my trade, so din pay much attention 2 it.

- mayb someday, i wld go ask my fnd who used 2b a lift technician.

- 2day, after hearing abt e strange encounters of fellow neighbours, decided 2 'hands-on' instead. :notti:

- 2day, at blk E, i waited 4 a lift which serves 1, 21-40 (high levels lifts).

- lift came. i entered & pressed lev 40.

- while lift is moving upwards, i pressed e button lev 40 3 more times.

- subsequently, e lite on button 40 went off. e lift olso slowed dn. (Normally, it wld hoist upwards in high speed)

- e lift slowed dn then it stopped at e nearest Emergency Lift Opening (between 1st & 21st sty of e high lev lifts).

- e Emergency Lift Door opened. :jawdrop:

- i stepped-out of e lift 1 foot, 2 have a clearer view at e lift lobby 2b sure.

- an old man was waiting 4 a lift at e opp side. (low-level lifts) He was shocked 2 see e Emergency Door opens & keeps starring at me.

- somemore my hair beli e long, drug addict face. Lucky he neber faint. :ph34r:

- i went bak in2 e lift. Pressed lev 40 again, e lift continued 2 move upwards.

- dis round, i pressed another button 3 times.

- e lift once again slowed dn & brought mi 2 e nearest lift opening & e lift door opened regardless it is emergency lift door anot. :dancingqueen:

- going dn? same pressing of button 3 times while e lift is moving.

- e lift slowed dn & stopped at e nearest lift opening, b it normal lift opening or emergency lift opening.

:)

:rolleyes:

Edited by jaCKY777

I think it is just the lift's programming logic that is causing the problem.

I can make the lifts (21-40) in blk A open at the lower floors everytime on the way up. I stumbled on this accidentally also. When you press your floor and the lift is on its way up, you press about 5 other floors continuously 1 after another. All the lift buttons lights will go off and the lift door will open at which ever floor that you finish pressing the 5 floors continuously at. :notti:

When it first happened, me and my wife was shocked also... thinking to ourselves what's happening here... :jawdrop:

After it happened, i decided to do the same thing and see if it happens again to prove that it is not the doings of the spirits and voila I'm able to re-produce the result. :notti:

Just to clarify, I was not playing with the lift buttons... :bleah: Too old for that already...

I haven't tried it on the way down though... Wonder if it is the same. :dunno:

On another note, do you know you can change your mind after pressing the lift button? Just press the button 3 times to un-select and the light will go off. I learnt this in Korea when I saw the passengers did this in the lift. :good:

Only the newer lifts have this feature...

You stumbled accidentally by pressing 5 continously?? hmm.. :P:sport-smiley-018:

Hey guys & gals, uncles & aunties,

- many yrs bak, had heard sumtine abt dis 'panic button' thingy. S its not my trade, so din pay much attention 2 it.

- mayb someday, i wld go ask my fnd who used 2b a lift technician.

- 2day, after hearing abt e strange encounters of fellow neighbours, decided 2 'hands-on' instead. :notti:

- 2day, at blk E, i waited 4 a lift which serves 1, 21-40 (high levels lifts).

- lift came. i entered & pressed lev 40.

- while lift is moving upwards, i pressed e button lev 40 3 more times.

- subsequently, e lite on button 40 went off. e lift olso slowed dn. (Normally, it wld hoist upwards in high speed)

- e lift slowed dn then it stopped at e nearest Emergency Lift Opening (between 1st & 21st sty of e high lev lifts).

- e Emergency Lift Door opened. :jawdrop:

- i stepped-out of e lift 1 foot, 2 have a clearer view at e lift lobby 2b sure.

- an old man was waiting 4 a lift at e opp side. (low-level lifts) He was shocked 2 see e Emergency Door opens & keeps starring at me.

- somemore my hair beli e long, drug addict face. Lucky he neber faint. :ph34r:

- i went bak in2 e lift. Pressed lev 40 again, e lift continued 2 move upwards.

- dis round, i pressed another button 3 times.

- e lift once again slowed dn & brought mi 2 e nearest lift opening & e lift door opened regardless it is emergency lift door anot. :dancingqueen:

- going dn? same pressing of button 3 times while e lift is moving.

- e lift slowed dn & stopped at e nearest lift opening, b it normal lift opening or emergency lift opening.

:)

Hi Jacky

Thanks for confirming. I don't hv to conduct the test myself. So funny, the old man must have almost fainted. Must be checking if you have "legs". :D

Edited by alister

- i wld suggest 2 pin up dis Meeting Proposal til end of Aug08.

- s reported & told, actions r being taken, measures r oleady in store, its a matter of time 'things' wil take place & cum in2 view..

- let forumers decide 2 attend anot. If interested, can update e name list then.

- by 31Aug08 2359hrs, see wats e nos. of interested forumers.

- if e nos. can form a football team, confirm with RC Chairm, ON.

- if e nos. canot start a game of mahjong, cancel with RC Chairm, OFF.

- at least there is ample time 4 both sides 2 take necessary actions.

Hi Jacky

Thx4 ur suggestion. I agree, let forumers decide if they wanna attend. I merely facilitate tis meeting 2channel our residents' concerns, opinions & feedback to relevant authorities while they inform us of measures (2b)taken, updates & advice.

Agree with Jacky777 that we should see the response for the meeting attendance by end Aug. Cos by the number we are having now (6 household over 1158 units) it's just 0.5%!!

Dear Stay79

Yeah, tho not every 1 of those 1,158 hseholds access our forum, even so, I agree our nos todate is grossly undersized.

- Proposed Meeting w NPP, 2b arranged by TPCZone2 RC

- Time: 3pm, Sat 6 Sept* OR, Sat 13 Sept*. Pls indicate BY 31 AUG 08 if u wish to hv dialogue w NPP* and/or Town Council*

- Agenda:

i) burglaries, suspicious characters@ fire escape stairs (info & preventive measures, advice)

ii) recommendations on unbecoming conduct of students/punks loiterin@SkyGdn..(graffiti, litterin, intimacy..)

iii) dangerous acts eg. sittin on railing, ball flyin over railing onto passersby/ vehicles below, water bombs...)

iv) any other (residents'/NPP/TC*) observations & comments

1. Hana79 - Blk C. NPP & TC. 6 Sep (13 Sep ok but earlier better)

2. Meepok & Babymaro2003 - Blk E. Sat 3pm

3. Khim & missy - Blk D. Sun 5pm

4. Stay79 & hubby - Blk E. Sat 3pm 13 Sep 3pm

5. Dracula & Wife - Blk E. NPP & TC. 6 Sep (my agenda will be mainly i & ii)

6. Meowie49 - Blk C. 6 Sep

Edited by Hana79

Hopefully more ppl will step up and join us (that is if they are interested to) in the talk with the authorities. It still seems that the mentality of watever happens be it at 12th storey garden, 8th storey MSCP garden, break-ins, murder.... as long as it does not happen at their level.... dun care lah. So frankly, why should we either? Wasting time and effort?

I guess we got much better stuff to do then bother about the sky garden ah.... be it suicide, vandalism, robbery, murder, etc.... just dun visit that area and you are 50% safe from these stuffs from happening to you. If things start to drop from the sky and hits you, then i guess you must be that unlucky 0.1%. Must go buy 4D ah.

Good Luck!

I rest my case too.... will wait till the cow comes home....moooo..... :notti:

:dancingqueen:

Hi Drac,

Noted ur reply2 Stay79.. Yeah, I share ur tots. It's up2 residents 2voice their concerns 2 relevant authorities.

If residents r aware yet, indifferent :dunno: to undesirable thgs happenin around them until smthg major happens/bothers them & start scrambling here for solutions (frm us amateurs when now got authorities 2help/ advise) then, I too rest my case. I reckon if authorities' solutions not good enuff, we tell them so they know & we work together.. Anyway, u guys decide, ok? :sport-smiley-003:

- las time sombody mentioned abt installing a 'rain shield' thingy above e railing, below e beam.

- how 2 go abt it har?

- wher 2 apply etc?

- dis few days rain non-stop, my corridor olmost flooded.

- metal gate, wooden door, doorway all wet wet.

- wen standing at e main door, jus like taking a shower made of tiny rain drops. :bath:

:help:

pix taken wen e rain subsides & floor is dryer.

f_DSC00144m_e6fcee1.jpg

Jacky,

I tink it was Shivan who hadda prob but dunno if he took up HDB's offer 2install... Best check w HDB re. process.

wahhha..thanks for telling that I am not the only one who chance upon the lift for high floors landing on a "it won't stop for no particular reason" floor.

It was first day of the lunar 7th month and my friends and I were going out for supper at 2.30am.

For no reason the lift stopped at 16th flr :o

At least now i am not afraid to go to 16th flr :notti:

Interesting contraption seen in 79... wonder if it's approved???

image024gj0.jpg

hmmm.. not sure if it is approved... BUT, i am quite sure it would be stolen sooner or later.... :unsure:

wait people steal his/her undies. lol..

Haha... the metal is worth more then the undies lor..... :bleah:

Sure 100% kena stolen one.... it is as good as hanging $$$ to dry outside ur house ah...

:dancingqueen:

wait people steal his/her undies. lol..

- now i noe y ur lift had stopped at 13th storey. :no:

- i rather take all e clothes, donate 2 salvation army. :bleah:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

COMEX 2008

- anybody wen 2 e comex 2008 oleady?

- any good bargain?

- m planning 2 get e Sony LCD tv & HTS.

- las time looked at V-series, look til V-series no more liao. Cum out V-4 Bravia Engine 2, stil, i havnt buy. :lol:

:jammin: