Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

Hi all

Just wanna share with others on the status of my current flat.

Problems that has popped up ...

One living room tile at the kitchen entrance is loose. Makes cracking sound when I stepped directly on it.

Laminated flooring warped at the centre on one of the room.

Very obvious hollow laminated flooring at the master bedroom

I am contemplating whether to get my IDA in to carry out the patching work. Problem is it might make a mess of my house and I have two very small kids.

Any advice ?

no matter how messy it will get, you still have the right to get your ID down to look at the issues and settle them...we paid so much for reno and there's warranty right??? no matter what, you got the right lah...

anyway, for me, when we moved in for a mth, we also called our ID to touch up on certain things...now, everything is so far so good lah... :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi Blk 79ers,

I am thinking to organise badminton session during the weekend or weekdays evening to promote

interaction among all of those who are living here.

Interested parties pls reply or pm me (with your contact no) so that i can work something out. Toa Payoh Central CC is just next to us so no excuse not to exercise :sport-smiley-004: , but the badminton slots are quite difficult to book.

Regards,

liverpoolforlife

I dun mind joining but not very good in Badminton :bleah:

What about bowling? I thought there were a couple of bowlers in Blk 79? :dunno:

I dun mind joining but not very good in Badminton :bleah:

What about bowling? I thought there were a couple of bowlers in Blk 79? :dunno:

YEAH!!!... count me in too.... :yamseng:

how abt organising bowling on friday night??

count me in. :notti:

Do include me. I will love to do bowling and badminton if can make it

Edited by alister

Lately my family notice that sometimes after came back from outside, that the wooden door is unlocked. But we are quite sure that everytime we go out will sure lock the wooden door.

Not sure, is it got people got the key to open it. Anybody also experience it?

Nowadays, we will be extra careful. And make a habit to lock both doors even going out for awhile.

Edited by yhw22

count me in. :notti:

Hi alister, meowie49, 312079 & shivan,

I just browsed thru the badminton slots at TPY Central CC & TPY West CC. All the slots are booked every evening till 25/9. Still cannot book from 26/9 onwards. That's why i saw the badminton slots are HOT at these 2 CCs. So i need to know if you all are ok with weekdays too eg Monday evenings. I would also need to check how many weeks before can i book with the CC.

So there a few options. Would need your takes on these.

1) If we play on Monday evenings, i would try to book 6pm-8pm.

2) If we play on Sunday mornings, i would try to book the late afternoon eg 10am-12pm.

Which time slots do you all prefer?

As i am doing shift work, i am only free in the early part of the week (ie Mon-Tue/ Wed) & Sun.

If you all are ok with Sundays, i would try to book the next slot at 28/9.

Regards

liverpoolforlife

no matter how messy it will get, you still have the right to get your ID down to look at the issues and settle them...we paid so much for reno and there's warranty right??? no matter what, you got the right lah...

anyway, for me, when we moved in for a mth, we also called our ID to touch up on certain things...now, everything is so far so good lah... :)

Hi Sushibabe

Just to check with you. Did ur ID gave u a warranty cert for workmanship ? If yes, for how many yrs ?

For me, the ID didn't give me any. I have made up my mind, I will ask him to rectify the problem areas. Don't want those minor ones to become major problem 3 or 4 yrs down the line.

Thanks for your advice.

Hi alister, meowie49, 312079 & shivan,

I just browsed thru the badminton slots at TPY Central CC & TPY West CC. All the slots are booked every evening till 25/9. Still cannot book from 26/9 onwards. That's why i saw the badminton slots are HOT at these 2 CCs. So i need to know if you all are ok with weekdays too eg Monday evenings. I would also need to check how many weeks before can i book with the CC.

So there a few options. Would need your takes on these.

1) If we play on Monday evenings, i would try to book 6pm-8pm.

2) If we play on Sunday mornings, i would try to book the late afternoon eg 10am-12pm.

Which time slots do you all prefer?

As i am doing shift work, i am only free in the early part of the week (ie Mon-Tue/ Wed) & Sun.

If you all are ok with Sundays, i would try to book the next slot at 28/9.

Regards

liverpoolforlife

I hv to say sorry, I don't hv the time to play from 28/9 till 7/10. My maid will be going for hm leave. I have to babysit my two devils at hm till she is back. I can join after that.

I am ok for Mon or Sun morning after the above dates.

Hey neighbours,

- saw dis notice at e lift lobby notice board.

- its about Resident On Watch (R.O.W.)

- jointly organize by Toa Payoh RC Zone 2 & Toa Payoh NPC.

- 4 those interested, can call e contacts listed.

- got certificate somemore.

- but dun hav 'incentive' &' revolver' or 'baton'. :bleah:

f_DSC00151m_f57847a.jpg

Oh dear. So doesn't make much difference which floor you are... Guess it's part of the HDB Experience.

And me... Or else if anyone wants to go jogging (we can run to e.g. Macritchie thru TP West) can team up.

Know any good places in the area for jogging? I jog in Pasir Ris Park nowadays, think i'll miss the Park when i shift to TPY..

Hi all

Just wanna share with others on the status of my current flat.

Problems that has popped up ...

One living room tile at the kitchen entrance is loose. Makes cracking sound when I stepped directly on it.

Laminated flooring warped at the centre on one of the room.

Very obvious hollow laminated flooring at the master bedroom

I am contemplating whether to get my IDA in to carry out the patching work. Problem is it might make a mess of my house and I have two very small kids.

Any advice ?

For me, the ID didn't give me any. I have made up my mind, I will ask him to rectify the problem areas. Don't want those minor ones to become major problem 3 or 4 yrs down the line.

Hey Alister,

- a better option is 2 call ur ID, let him noe ur 'defects/wear & tear'.

- regardless of got paper warranty anot, he shd arrange for rectifications. Even there is no warranty, he shd at least arrange it out of goodwill.

- its not dat handover date was 'donkey' yrs ago.

Laminated Flooring

- urs is Supreme brand rite?

- then no worry, they have warranty.

- think is 10yrs or lifetime. (any1 pls clarify).

- replacement is kinda easy cos e laminated flooring is bonded 2gether by 'click' system.

- jus like 'tonge & groove'. Special tools is needed 2 remove e affected pcs & replace accordingly.

- whether e 'foam' beneath needs 2 add/replace anot, wil then base on their justification liao. But i think, unlikely needs 2.

Homogeneous Tile Flooring

(1) No dust, DIY & easiest method.

- fill e gap with white cement & water mixture.

- do not step on dis pcs of tile & let it dry for 2 days.

- or PU injection method.

(2) Slightly dusty & sandy method.

- tiler able 2 lift-up e loose tile using e 'suction kit'.

- no new pcs of tile is needed in replacement.

- if dats e case, dat means during day 1, e tiler did not apply W1 a chemical adhesive 2 bond e tile 2 e cement base. Which is not a correct way of laying tile.

(3) Most dusty & sandy method.

- tiler not able 2 lift-up loose tile using 'suction kit'.

- tiler gota use e grinding machine 2 cut e tile thru e internal surface. A lot of dust is produce during this process.

- then e smaller parts which r nearer 2 e grouting lines, wld b chisel out.

- a new pcs of tile is needed in replacement.

Conventional way 2 replace tile

- once dis pcs of tile is taken out, dig out e loose cement & sand particles.

- put in a thin layer of cement & sand mixture, level it.

- then on top of it, put dry cement.

- place e tile back by e 'suction kit'. Level e tile & remove e tile. Add or remove dry cement accordingly.

- once base thickness is confirm, sprinkler water on2 dry cement til it seeps thru & e cement is kinda wet.

- apply W1 (if hav). If dun hav, put more water, place e tile, level it.

- let it dry for sometime (best is >1 day) then use white cement & water mixture fill e gap.

- let it dry, do not step on e tile at least 1 day.

- job done.

- another easier way is 2 straight away put in quite an amount of wet white cement water mixture without sand.

- put e tile dn, knock it dn & level it.

- e excess white cement wil b force out thru e grout joint.

- wipe away e excess.

- let it dry, do not step on e tile at least 1 day.

- job done.

- if u anticipate dat during e process, it gona generate dust, can buy plastic sheets 2 confine e working zone.

- so dat e dust wil not travel far & affect e nearby carpentry etc.

aniway, i'm not a tiler, canot replace e tile for u. :bleah:

:rolleyes:

Know any good places in the area for jogging? I jog in Pasir Ris Park nowadays, think i'll miss the Park when i shift to TPY..

Hey vbear2,

- jog around TPY loh, then at e same time can explore e town.

- below r some of e routes i can think of.

1) Essomobil petrol stn -> lor 1 market -> lor 1A, Girls Hm -> dnhill, Visually Handicapped Sch -> Thomson Rd -> Macritchie Reservoir & back. (e secluded part is between Girls Hm & Thomson Rd, at nite)

2) Essomobil petrol stn -> lor 1 market -> Philips factory -> uphill, SLF building -> turn left, along Thomson Rd -> lor 1 (CHIJ sch) -> 2wards TPY Ctl. (e secluded part is between Philips factory & SLF building, at nite)

3) lor 5 -> lor 7 -> lor 8 -> park connector -> Potong Pasir & back. (e secluded part is under Braddell Rd,

e best part of dis route is over at Potong Pasir, there got jogging track & away frm vehicles' exhaust fumes, along e canal)

4) Essomobil petrol stn -> Braddell MRT stn -> TPY North -> JTC factory -> Bishan -> Bishan Park & back.

(e safest route but e busiest part is along Bishan MRT stn. Bishan Park, no nid mi say liao, got SPA somemore)

5) TPY Ctrl (rd infront 79) -> lor 1 -> lor 2 -> lor 3 -> lor 5 -> TPY Ctrl (either direction in circle or even bigger coverage via other lorongs).

6) TPY Stadium.

7) TPY Garden

:notti:

Hi i sometimes jog one big round in TPY to Braddell and back during weekends. anyone doing the same too?