Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

Yes I do hv. He's a singaporean uncle, giving me better rates than those China garang guni men. I will post the contact when I get fr my wife.

Does he give good rates?? i also have one uncle... just to compare and see see.. whether he got bluff me anot... :dunno:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
I going to apply for the starhub home phone line because it is totally free till 31st December 2010 for all Starhub Cable and Online users. No incoming or outgoing charge, no monthly charge, no equipment charge and no installation charge. Where else to get free stuffs?

Hehe... except starhub i guess :notti:

Free Home Phone Line by Starhub

Hey you still gotta buy the modem mah. unless they got promo give you free lor. And do check on the "activation fee" cos i got charged for that.

I have been using their digital voice phone. no complains so far except that you gotta remember on and off the electricity when going out or coming back home after work. Else, its draining electricity if you on the modem 24x7.

Hey you still gotta buy the modem mah. unless they got promo give you free lor. And do check on the "activation fee" cos i got charged for that.

I have been using their digital voice phone. no complains so far except that you gotta remember on and off the electricity when going out or coming back home after work. Else, its draining electricity if you on the modem 24x7.

ok noted. Will check with them again. Thanks :notti:

Sharing a reply from Comfort Delgro when I wrote in to ask about the 30cts extra charge....

Dear Mr Lau

We are glad that fuel prices have been trending downwards in recent weeks and we are closely monitoring the situation. At current prices, fuel is still trading at a significant premium to what it was less than a year ago. Diesel is now selling at $1.58 per litre in the market compared to the $1.19 it was retailing for in December 2007. We are hopeful that oil prices will continue to trend downwards and we will definitely remove the fuel surcharge when market pump prices drop to their December 2007 levels as we have committed.

Thank you.

Belinda Yeow

Group Corporate Communications

ComfortDelGro Corporation Limited

alister_lau 10/06/2008 11:23 PM

To info@comfortdelgro.com

Subject : ComfortDelGro - Feedback

Oil has dropped below US$90. I would expect your company to remove the 30cts old surcharge within this week.

Thanks

Another crap answer. What's the oil price at Dec 2007? Is it lower or higher than current oil price of USD 90/barrel?

For diesel to drop to $1.19, this would probably require oil price to drop to USD 70/barrel. Arabic nations and Nigeria will never allow the oil price to hit that level.

Oil companies would not want it to go to USD 70 as well as their profit margins will be affected.

We should not let set it at $1.19 in the first place. Also note the timing when the surcharge is implemented. It is implemented when oil hits a record US$146 then!

I guess SingPower is just taking a leaf from Comfortdelgro when they hike the tariffs as well.

Another crap answer. What's the oil price at Dec 2007? Is it lower or higher than current oil price of USD 90/barrel?

For diesel to drop to $1.19, this would probably require oil price to drop to USD 70/barrel. Arabic nations and Nigeria will never allow the oil price to hit that level.

Oil companies would not want it to go to USD 70 as well as their profit margins will be affected.

We should not let set it at $1.19 in the first place. Also note the timing when the surcharge is implemented. It is implemented when oil hits a record US$146 then!

I guess SingPower is just taking a leaf from Comfortdelgro when they hike the tariffs as well.

Totally agreed, what a load of cow dung!.. I only pity the cab drivers.

Totally agreed, what a load of cow dung!.. I only pity the cab drivers.

should also pity us who pays the extra $0.30 :bangwall:

Hi Neighbours,

This is interesting. I stumbled onto this post on STOMP.

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/singapor...nt.jsp?id=38031

For those who can't see, go to www.singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg

Click on motoringgoondus

you will see an article of a toyota altis parked illegally on the pedestrain pavement outside 79D.

This is a very inconsiderate act. If any of us spot more of such drivers in future, we should report them to the police.

It's very dangerous with so many elderly and children using that path to get to and from home.

Edited by CUTEBABY

Hi Neighbours,

This is interesting. I stumbled onto this post on STOMP.

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/singapor...nt.jsp?id=38031

For those who can't see, go to www.singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg

Click on motoringgoondus

you will see an article of a toyota altis parked illegally on the pedestrain pavement outside 79D.

This is a very inconsiderate act. If any of us spot more of such drivers in future, we should report them to the police.

It's very dangerous with so many elderly and children using that path to get to and from home.

- dis pix was taken yesterday evening.

- i was there, had tot of takin e pix & send 2 STOMP olso but did not.

- then i saw dis lady, walking 2wards e car. Think she noes e newspaper vendor.

- din see e person who took e pix. izit u?

:rolleyes:

Sharing a reply from Comfort Delgro when I wrote in to ask about the 30cts extra charge....

Dear Mr Lau

We are glad that fuel prices have been trending downwards in recent weeks and we are closely monitoring the situation. At current prices, fuel is still trading at a significant premium to what it was less than a year ago. Diesel is now selling at $1.58 per litre in the market compared to the $1.19 it was retailing for in December 2007. We are hopeful that oil prices will continue to trend downwards and we will definitely remove the fuel surcharge when market pump prices drop to their December 2007 levels as we have committed.

Thank you.

Belinda Yeow

Group Corporate Communications

ComfortDelGro Corporation Limited

alister_lau 10/06/2008 11:23 PM

To info@comfortdelgro.com

Subject : ComfortDelGro - Feedback

Oil has dropped below US$90. I would expect your company to remove the 30cts old surcharge within this week.

Thanks

Here's the continuation of the the saga. I follow up with another qns and as expected they gave a nonsense answer and decide to divert the attention somewhere by mentioning a loss on the sale of diesel. WTF has a loss in diesel got to do with a profit of $66.2 million after tax profit ?

Alister Lau 10/09/2008 11:46 PM

To Info <info@comfortdelgro.com>

Subject RE: ComfortDelGro - Feedback

Hi Ms Belinda

Thank you for your answers.

I am very interested to find out how did ComfortDelgro arrive at the diesel price of $1.19 as the rate to remove the 30cts surcharge.

From my understanding, the surcharge was implemented when oil was at US$146. For diesel to go back to $1.19, oil prices has to be at US$70 per barrel.

Moreover, since the oil movement from US$70 to US$146 per barrel, I remembered ComfortDelgro has already done adjustments to the taxi fare structure during the christmas period of 2007. Diesel was then priced at $1.523.

I would also like to understand with a $66.2 million after tax profit in the 2nd quarter 2008 just announced recently,why is there a need to pass on more surcharges to the commuters ? Increase cost is not an excuse when it is generating $66.2 million after tax profit.

Awaiting your answer.

Thanks.

--------------------------------

Dear Ms Lau

Thank you once again for your email. We would like to clarify that the market pump price we refer to is the net price after discounts. In December 2007, this figure was $1.19 while the $1.523 as you have mentioned refers to the market retail price before discount. We are closely monitoring pump prices and when the net market price comes down to $1.19, we will remove the surcharge as we have committed. ComfortDelGro has been heavily subsidising our drivers for the sale of diesel, so much so that the company in the second quarter of this year, the company incurred an $11.3 million loss on the sale of diesel.

Regards,

Belinda

Geesh...the prices of the 4-rm units in our blocks has risen by about 50k in the space of 6+mth. My colleague is complaining when I told him how much we got ours in the Feb BE.

Then again, we were complaining when we heard how much the units were going for in 07. What to do? :dunno:

Geesh...the prices of the 4-rm units in our blocks has risen by about 50k in the space of 6+mth. My colleague is complaining when I told him how much we got ours in the Feb BE.

Then again, we were complaining when we heard how much the units were going for in 07. What to do? :dunno:

Maybe u should have heard how much the en-bloc ppl got it before the rebates man..... you will be shocked....

estimate to be a difference from feb ballot of about 80k to 100k

:curse::curse::curse:

Maybe u should have heard how much the en-bloc ppl got it before the rebates man..... you will be shocked....

estimate to be a difference from feb ballot of about 80k to 100k

:curse::curse::curse:

Yep, I more or less know but then again, guess the en-bloc ppl have extra disc since it's an en-bloc. What to do? Live with it.

Just happy we got our place here... :D