Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

Dear Neighbours...

Feeling frustrated with the illegally parking situation of motorcycles beside BLK 177 and the inaction of our local enforcement agencies, here's my contribution to STOMP............

I hope the media attention will get HDB and Toa Payoh NPC to take immediate preventive actions soon....

"I almost got ran down by this biker at Toa Payoh Central" - under Motoring Goondus

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/singapor...id=51351#rating

Yeah.... same same. I was almost hit while walking on the pavement and the worse of it is they still can horn at me.... KNN! Was so furious, wanted to report to the police but after reading ur post I guess the mata can do nuts about it but play "Tai Chi" again.

:furious:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Dear Neighbours...

Feeling frustrated with the illegally parking situation of motorcycles beside BLK 177 and the inaction of our local enforcement agencies, here's my contribution to STOMP............

I hope the media attention will get HDB and Toa Payoh NPC to take immediate preventive actions soon....

"I almost got ran down by this biker at Toa Payoh Central" - under Motoring Goondus

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/singapor...id=51351#rating

Hi Neighbours,

UPDATES ON COMPLAINT TO HDB & TOWN COUNCIL ON ILLEGALLY PARKING OF MOTORCYCLES - BLK 177

Regarding my earlier complaints to HDB and Town Council thru Toa Payoh Central Zone 2 RC, Mr Frankie Tong had been most helpful in escalating the issue.

However, I can't say the same for the reply from Bishan-Toa Payoh Town Council. Their reply and solution seems very standard and unacceptable as it will only serve as a temporary measure to reduce and not eradicate the illegal parking problem completely.

Please see below extract from email reply.

" We refer to the feedback on the above through the email below.

The Town Council had installed "No Parking" signages at several locations around Blk 177 Toa Payoh Central to warn residents not to park at the common areas. We are looking into installing more signages to warn the motorists not to ride along the common areas.

Our staff had also carried out summon enforcement actions against those motorists who illegally parked their motorcycles at the vicinity of Blk 177 Toa Payoh Central and its surrounding. We will continue with our enforcement effort and hopefully, it will send out a message to other motorists not to ride and park at the common areas in Toa Payoh Town Centre.

We would advice the residents to contact our office at 62596700 should they come across such illegal parking in the estate during office hour."

Neighbours, please give me your feedback on the above reply and i will feedback your concerns back to the Town Council again.

Hi Neighbours,

UPDATES ON COMPLAINT TO HDB & TOWN COUNCIL ON ILLEGALLY PARKING OF MOTORCYCLES - BLK 177

Regarding my earlier complaints to HDB and Town Council thru Toa Payoh Central Zone 2 RC, Mr Frankie Tong had been most helpful in escalating the issue.

However, I can't say the same for the reply from Bishan-Toa Payoh Town Council. Their reply and solution seems very standard and unacceptable as it will only serve as a temporary measure to reduce and not eradicate the illegal parking problem completely.

The Town Council had installed "No Parking" signages at several locations around Blk 177 Toa Payoh Central to warn residents not to park at the common areas. We are looking into installing more signages to warn the motorists not to ride along the common areas.

Our staff had also carried out summon enforcement actions against those motorists who illegally parked their motorcycles at the vicinity of Blk 177 Toa Payoh Central and its surrounding. We will continue with our enforcement effort and hopefully, it will send out a message to other motorists not to ride and park at the common areas in Toa Payoh Town Centre.

We would advice the residents to contact our office at 62596700 should they come across such illegal parking in the estate during office hour."

Neighbours, please give me your feedback on the above reply and i will feedback your concerns back to the Town Council again.

Reply back to Bishan-Toa Payoh Town Council

"Frankly speaking, Installing more signage and taking more enforcement measures is only a temporary measure and will not eradicate the problem. The emphasis on punishment and conditioning motorcyclist will not work in Toa Payoh Central as many people come from every part of Singapore and Malaysia to visit the area and they will simply play a hide and seek game with enforcement officers

If you do your sums, how many man hours and resources will be wasted in tackling this problem which at the end of the day, will not yield satisfactory results. If you notice, a big majority of the offenders are motorcyclist from across the causeway and have little respect for our laws.

I really don’t understand why the relevant authorities are so unwilling to take more concrete and straight forward measures like installing barriers at the entrance to the pavement outside BLK 177. These barriers can be made big enough for wheel chairs and baby prams to pass through but small enough to prevent motorcyclist from riding onto the pavement. The town councils reluctance to act effectively on this issue will only further stimulate dissatisfaction and ill feelings amongst the residents of Toa Payoh central towards Bishan-Toa Payoh town council and also the relevant authorities.

It is also not fair to residents to have to continue enduring such nuisance when enforcement in the area slows down after a few weeks or months. It is very frustrating that we have to call the relevant authorities to complaint and take enforcement actions on a daily basis.

As such, I appeal to your RC to have a consultation with the Town Council to work out a more permanent solution to the problem."

Edited by she_888

Hi Neighbours,

"Frankly speaking, Installing more signage and taking more enforcement measures is only a temporary measure and will not eradicate the problem. The emphasis on punishment and conditioning motorcyclist will not work in Toa Payoh Central as many people come from every part of Singapore and Malaysia to visit the area and they will simply play a hide and seek game with enforcement officers

If you do your sums, how many man hours and resources will be wasted in tackling this problem which at the end of the day, will not yield satisfactory results. If you notice, a big majority of the offenders are motorcyclist from across the causeway and have little respect for our laws.

I really don’t understand why the relevant authorities are so unwilling to take more concrete and straight forward measures like installing barriers at the entrance to the pavement outside BLK 177. These barriers can be made big enough for wheel chairs and baby prams to pass through but small enough to prevent motorcyclist from riding onto the pavement. The town councils reluctance to act effectively on this issue will only further stimulate dissatisfaction and ill feelings amongst the residents of Toa Payoh central towards Bishan-Toa Payoh town council and also the relevant authorities.

It is also not fair to residents to have to continue enduring such nuisance when enforcement in the area slows down after a few weeks or months. It is very frustrating that we have to call the relevant authorities to complaint and take enforcement actions on a daily basis.

As such, I appeal to your RC to have a consultation with the Town Council to work out a more permanent solution to the problem."

It look like pple can park during non-office hours.

Just tell those desktop generals at the TC to pull up their socks and serve the TPY residents well... Elections coming soon by the way... don't always follow their Tai Chi Master Wong blindly by practising tai-chi moves and giving primary school standard excuses for the 1st Anniversary of The Celebrated Terrorist Escape, as well as the silence on How Grandma Returned To SG Without Passport.

Meanwhile, I will supply metal rods for whoever is interested... to use them creatively in between the spokes of the wheels. Blood must be shed before any action will be taken, why not theirs?

Just tell those desktop generals at the TC to pull up their socks and serve the TPY residents well... Elections coming soon by the way... don't always follow their Tai Chi Master Wong blindly by practising tai-chi moves and giving primary school standard excuses for the 1st Anniversary of The Celebrated Terrorist Escape, as well as the silence on How Grandma Returned To SG Without Passport.

Meanwhile, I will supply metal rods for whoever is interested... to use them creatively in between the spokes of the wheels. Blood must be shed before any action will be taken, why not theirs?

:jawdrop::jawdrop:

:D

Hi Neighbours,

An Update

Hi Neighbours....

Just an update, since my last email to the RC and Town Council, I have yet to recieve any reply from the authorities concerned regarding my disagreement to their reply and suggested response.

However, I'm glad to see that the article i posted in STOMP is getting alot of hits and supportive comments.. many aggreeing that the Town council, HDB is too lax in handling the issue and that the police should be shouldering the responsibility of enforcing summons and demerit points against these inconsiderate motorist and not pushing the responsibility to residents to take pictures and submit to Traffic police. This is a clearing a visbile traffic violation. Why should we do their work when we are paying taxes every year??

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/singapor...nt.jsp?id=51351

I agree with Mee Pok.... election is coming.... if the authorities wants to shift their responsibilities and take a back sit on this issue, we seriously have to consider how we are going to cast our votes..... :notti:

An Update

Hi Neighbours....

Just an update, since my last email to the RC and Town Council, I have yet to recieve any reply from the authorities concerned regarding my disagreement to their reply and suggested response.

However, I'm glad to see that the article i posted in STOMP is getting alot of hits and supportive comments.. many aggreeing that the Town council, HDB is too lax in handling the issue and that the police should be shouldering the responsibility of enforcing summons and demerit points against these inconsiderate motorist and not pushing the responsibility to residents to take pictures and submit to Traffic police. This is a clearing a visbile traffic violation. Why should we do their work when we are paying taxes every year??

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/singapor...nt.jsp?id=51351

I agree with Mee Pok.... election is coming.... if the authorities wants to shift their responsibilities and take a back sit on this issue, we seriously have to consider how we are going to cast our votes..... :notti:

Hi.

Maybe those people representing the authorities don't know how to reply or response to your feedback for fear of getting "shot" by the public now that everyone is watching them.

Anyway, with so many residents and the public now watching how they handle the issue, the longer they take to resolve it, the uglier the picture they will paint of themselves and their organization. :yamseng:

A bit off topic. An old cow joke to welcome in the year of the cow ...............

Got two cows

TRADITIONAL CORPORATION

You have two cows.

You sell one and buy a bull.

Your herd multiplies and the economy grows.

You sell them and retire on the income.

AN AMERICAN CORPORATION

You have two cows.

You sell one and force the other to produce the milk of four cows.

You are surprised when the cow drops dead.

A FRENCH CORPORATION

You have two cows.

You go on strike because you want three cows.

A JAPANESE CORPORATION

You have two cows.

You redesign them so they are one-tenth the size of an ordinary cow

and produce twenty times the milk.

You then create clever cow cartoon images called 'Cowkimon' and market

them World-Wide.

A GERMAN CORPORATION

You have two cows.

You re-engineer them so they live for 100 years, eat once a month, and milk themselves.

A BRITISH CORPORATION

You have two cows.

Both are mad.

AN ITALIAN CORPORATION

You have two cows, but you don't know where they are.

You break for lunch..

A SWISS CORPORATION

You have 5,000 cows and none of which belong to you.

You charge others for storing them.

A CHINESE CORPORATION

You have two cows.

You have 300 people milking them..

You claim full employment and high bovine productivity.

You have the newsman who reported on the num! bers arr ested.

AN INDIAN CORPORATION

You have two cows.

You worship them.

A MALAYSIAN CORPORATION

You have two cows.

You signed a 40-year contract to su pply milk at RM0.06 per litre.

Then midway through, you raised the price to RM0..60 or you cut the supply.

When the buyer agrees to the new price, you change your mind again and now want RM1.20.

The buyer decided you can keep the milk and they go look for milk that comes from recycled cows or the cow urine instead.

Your two cows retire together with the Prime Minister.

And last but not least,

A SINGAPOREAN CORPORATION

You have two cows.

One cow-peh and one cow-bu.

HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR !!

A bit off topic. An old cow joke to welcome in the year of the cow ...............

Got two cows

TRADITIONAL CORPORATION

You have two cows.

You sell one and buy a bull.

Your herd multiplies and the economy grows.

You sell them and retire on the income.

AN AMERICAN CORPORATION

You have two cows.

You sell one and force the other to produce the milk of four cows.

You are surprised when the cow drops dead.

A FRENCH CORPORATION

You have two cows.

You go on strike because you want three cows.

A JAPANESE CORPORATION

You have two cows.

You redesign them so they are one-tenth the size of an ordinary cow

and produce twenty times the milk.

You then create clever cow cartoon images called 'Cowkimon' and market

them World-Wide.

A GERMAN CORPORATION

You have two cows.

You re-engineer them so they live for 100 years, eat once a month, and milk themselves.

A BRITISH CORPORATION

You have two cows.

Both are mad.

AN ITALIAN CORPORATION

You have two cows, but you don't know where they are.

You break for lunch..

A SWISS CORPORATION

You have 5,000 cows and none of which belong to you.

You charge others for storing them.

A CHINESE CORPORATION

You have two cows.

You have 300 people milking them..

You claim full employment and high bovine productivity.

You have the newsman who reported on the num! bers arr ested.

AN INDIAN CORPORATION

You have two cows.

You worship them.

A MALAYSIAN CORPORATION

You have two cows.

You signed a 40-year contract to su pply milk at RM0.06 per litre.

Then midway through, you raised the price to RM0..60 or you cut the supply.

When the buyer agrees to the new price, you change your mind again and now want RM1.20.

The buyer decided you can keep the milk and they go look for milk that comes from recycled cows or the cow urine instead.

Your two cows retire together with the Prime Minister.

And last but not least,

A SINGAPOREAN CORPORATION

You have two cows.

One cow-peh and one cow-bu.

HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR !!

:lol::rofl::lol::rofl::lol::rofl::lol:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey alister,

- lately, my flat here e wind beli e strong. How's ur side?

- window canot open big big cos many things in e flat wil fly around.

- e bedrm door may slam-up sumtimes.

- window open small small can hear e 'sound of e wind'.

- e strong wind is strong enough to shut-up e half-opened window.

- at nite olso beli e cold. Think double compressor a/c olso loose.

:sport-smiley-003::jawdrop:

Hi hi neighbours....

We just got my keys earlier this mth..

currently looking ard to do up the place.

Look forward to staying in such a great location..

but very sadly, got the unit a lot later than these of u who got it from the start.. the price now is super ex lo.... : (

Edited by CCS79

oh I alway had a question in mind..

the units that was just release mid 08 for balloting are all left over units.

but I wonder, how can units at such a hot location be left over le?

anyone knows the reason? just curious..

:lol::rofl::lol::rofl::lol::rofl::lol:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey alister,

- lately, my flat here e wind beli e strong. How's ur side?

- window canot open big big cos many things in e flat wil fly around.

- e bedrm door may slam-up sumtimes.

- window open small small can hear e 'sound of e wind'.

- e strong wind is strong enough to shut-up e half-opened window.

- at nite olso beli e cold. Think double compressor a/c olso loose.

:sport-smiley-003::jawdrop:

My unit wind not so strong as it comes from the back (bishan side). Only when I open my main door will I experience those that you mention above. So now most of the time I will shut my door.

Be careful you don't get blown away by the wind.

Edited by alister

Hi hi neighbours....

We just got my keys earlier this mth..

currently looking ard to do up the place.

Look forward to staying in such a great location..

but very sadly, got the unit a lot later than these of u who got it from the start.. the price now is super ex lo.... : (

Welcome to TPY - the happening place. Just ask those "OLD" neighbours around you - vandalism, petting at roof garden, people playing 'superman' etc. Actually if you watch the news in the evening, most of the time you will notice that the mediacorp people likes to come to TPY central to conduct their interviews.

As for pricing, how much did you pay for it and what is the floor size, if you don't mind me asking ? If you look at the resale price from HDB site, I don't think you have made a loss.

Blk 152 Lor 2 Toa Payoh

Floor : 31 to 35

Floor size : 86.00

Transacted price : $588,000.00

Date : Nov 2008

Welcome to TPY - the happening place. Just ask those "OLD" neighbours around you - vandalism, petting at roof garden, people playing 'superman' etc. Actually if you watch the news in the evening, most of the time you will notice that the mediacorp people likes to come to TPY central to conduct their interviews.

As for pricing, how much did you pay for it and what is the floor size, if you don't mind me asking ? If you look at the resale price from HDB site, I don't think you have made a loss.

Blk 152 Lor 2 Toa Payoh

Floor : 31 to 35

Floor size : 86.00

Transacted price : $588,000.00

Date : Nov 2008

oh wah so happening 1 ah?

didn't know. will read ard here...

mine is low level, below 10 floor.

90 sqm.

got at almost 400k