Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
gals_mama

Low's Hotel In Amk

Another review, Picolo House where i bought my gals' bed.

Service was ok. The showroom had a few sets, painted walls to match the beds and decals that can be bought to match the beds. They also sell other things like bags, study tables, cupboards, bedsheets, blanket, and many more. They are also open on Sunday. The 1st lady who served us offered to give us the measurement + price so that we can go back and do measurement. Thoughtful of her. The 2nd time we brought my elder gal down and she chose the set. Made payment and put a tentative delivery date.

Fast forward to abt 3 weeks before we shift in, we called them to change the delivery date. The person on the phone actually said it might not be on time! Cos shipment not here yet! We tot hw can? The initial delivery date was only 6 days difference. Told them they must confirm and get back to us soon. They promised to get back to us on the same day but didnt in the end. So husband gave them till the mext day and :curse: .

Again, they told us that can only confirm a week's later. We waited and waited... no calls after a week so husband called and :fire: :fire: :fire: The person said tot was settled and delivery has been changed to what we want. We were like 'Huh? who u spoke to?' Hw come confirm without calling us. Husband told them off and then confirmed the delivery date. :D

Delivery came and the set up was done pretty fast.

I would think they deserved :good: :good: :good: for the bed set. Sales service at the retail :good: :good: :good:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
After shifting in for almost a month, finally bought the wok and frying pan. As i hardly cook so i didnt really look for it til 2day. Checked with our super Sam jie and she recommended a few places to look for woks. Went to John Little aat Plaza Sing but forgot that they have downsize. So went to Robinsons. Bought a 20cm WMF frying pan and Meyer stainless steel wok (with cover and steamer tray).

Actually Robinsons is having card member sale. Some items no need to be member also got 20% off but certain items need to be a member then entitled to the 20% sale.

haha...no need thanks lah. jus shun bian cos I like looking at kitchen utensils whenever I go shopping. wow, u got the meyer stainless steel wok. not sure if u hv to seasoned the wok like what is needed for anodized woks cos i nv used s/s ones before..... :unsure:

haha...no need thanks lah. jus shun bian cos I like looking at kitchen utensils whenever I go shopping. wow, u got the meyer stainless steel wok. not sure if u hv to seasoned the wok like what is needed for anodized woks cos i nv used s/s ones before..... :unsure:

The sales girl said no need to season, just wash with detergent and use. Just hope that the food i cook wont stick to it. Robinson selling it almost half the orignal price. I seldom cook so hope can last longer. :D

So long didnt post on my t-blog and nearly cant find it.

Any1 needs carton boxes? I have called my mover twice to invite them to collect the boxes, he said 'ok ok, tomorrow i come' But its have been weeks and no sound no picture from him. Hence we have decided to give away the boxes. I also have some from storhub but these I would have to sell at a small token of $.

Any1 interested?

Aonther of my favourite. Only bought 4 plugs. Will buy more if i need more. :D

DSC00885.jpg

Hey.. this plugs and socket thingy is nice.

How easy is the installation? Can I use existing socket or do I have to do rewiring?

Also , how much does it cost?

Any contact you can provide so I can get a quote from them or to understand how it is done.

Thanks. ;)

Hey.. this plugs and socket thingy is nice.

How easy is the installation? Can I use existing socket or do I have to do rewiring?

Also , how much does it cost?

Any contact you can provide so I can get a quote from them or to understand how it is done.

Thanks. ;)

This is called eubiq system. Basically like the usually socket we have (those double or single type) but like for the 1m track i have, can put in max 12 plugs (the round thing u see there).

I got the co to install for me, as i did re-wiring for my house, so i'm not sure if rewiring is a must. Before the installation, i saw my electrician left some wires for it. Its easy, took abt an hour for the ppl to install. From what i see, is the track gets the power from the wires at the back then when u need to use, just plug ur appliances to the individual round plugs. Child friendly cos fingers cant get in the track.

For what u see here, i paid ard $320 to $330. U can go and get it from CCM (Choo Chiang Marketing), its cheaper cos the sales man said i paid more than what they offer.

Some cracks appeared on the wall that we reconstructed to cover the old MBR entrance. Not sure are they just the usual hairline cracks or worst. I stayed in my old place for 10 years then they appeared but this wall is only 2 months old! Both sides of the wall has it and the line has been extending :o like the Circle Line. :D The lines which are extending seems to carve out the outline of the existing door frame.

First to appear

DSC01037.jpg

DSC01040.jpg

The other side of the wall, above the MBR headboard.

DSC01051.jpg

DSC01048.jpg

Can any1 advise whether is this serious? Is it that i'm paranoid? I'm afraid that 1 day the wall will collapse or it will start peeling.

This is called eubiq system. Basically like the usually socket we have (those double or single type) but like for the 1m track i have, can put in max 12 plugs (the round thing u see there).

I got the co to install for me, as i did re-wiring for my house, so i'm not sure if rewiring is a must. Before the installation, i saw my electrician left some wires for it. Its easy, took abt an hour for the ppl to install. From what i see, is the track gets the power from the wires at the back then when u need to use, just plug ur appliances to the individual round plugs. Child friendly cos fingers cant get in the track.

For what u see here, i paid ard $320 to $330. U can go and get it from CCM (Choo Chiang Marketing), its cheaper cos the sales man said i paid more than what they offer.

tHANKS :) Will go Choo Chiang to see then. Heard they have lightings at wholesale prices too.. Maybe can also find out whether LED lights can plug straight into T-5/9 sockets.

Some cracks appeared on the wall that we reconstructed to cover the old MBR entrance. Not sure are they just the usual hairline cracks or worst. I stayed in my old place for 10 years then they appeared but this wall is only 2 months old! Both sides of the wall has it and the line has been extending :o like the Circle Line. :D The lines which are extending seems to carve out the outline of the existing door frame.

Hi Gals_mama

I also had a small hairline crack on one of my new built wall... my contractor did tell me way before our reno start... there will be hairline cracks at new built wall and it is pretty normal... something to do with expansion & contraction or the materials & paint... Just need to get ur contractor to do some paint touch up will do...

btw did May or Jess from TIP did ur reno project? nice reno u've got there..

Hi Gals_mama

I also had a small hairline crack on one of my new built wall... my contractor did tell me way before our reno start... there will be hairline cracks at new built wall and it is pretty normal... something to do with expansion & contraction or the materials & paint... Just need to get ur contractor to do some paint touch up will do...

btw did May or Jess from TIP did ur reno project? nice reno u've got there..

ok thanks for the reply, i tot the hairline crack seems a bit big to be hairline. :lol:

May did it for me. Thanks for the compliment.

ok thanks for the reply, i tot the hairline crack seems a bit big to be hairline. :lol:

May did it for me. Thanks for the compliment.

is that line some sort of where the new meets old? can't really tell from the picture. sorry

cause if there's a joint, rightfully there should be some sort of a crack suppression membrane, netting or sort before new plastering or painting goes over

is that line some sort of where the new meets old? can't really tell from the picture. sorry

cause if there's a joint, rightfully there should be some sort of a crack suppression membrane, netting or sort before new plastering or painting goes over

Nope, just started from a point. :(

I was cooking last fri and happened to bend down to pick up something then i realised this.

DSC01080.jpg

I was shocked :jawdrop: to see some wood being shoved under the lobang between the cabinets and the concrete base. Dun remember my old hse's kitchen cabinets has this. Is this a normal practice?

Edited by gals_mama

I retook the 'MRT' lines again. Cos its extending....

DSC01074.jpg

DSC01073.jpg

DSC01077.jpg