Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Roflmaoxz

Enquiry On Tenant's Residential Address In Nric

Got a Qn here, now my tenant is using my residential address on his NRIC.

If the tenancy expires next mth, how do I ensure him to remove my residential address on his NRIC?

Follow him go police post?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hey u brought up a very valid point. There's risk that our tenants use our address on their NRICs to loan $$ from AH LONG?

If I'm you, I will probably follow tenants to police posts to change their addresses to play safe.

Edited by forgotten

Hey u brought up a very valid point. There's risk that our tenants use our address on their NRICs to loan $$ from AH LONG?

If I'm you, I will probably follow tenants to police posts to change their addresses to play safe.

I want to close this issue asap. But want to have backlash later on....

Better get him to remove it when the tenancy ended.

Thanks.

Yes follow the tenant to police post to change their address. Its our screw-up system for address-changing that cause us to have no choice but do this.

However if foreigners (eg work permit, employment pass, etc) then no need lah. Ah long will not loan to foreigners one...

Yes follow the tenant to police post to change their address. Its our screw-up system for address-changing that cause us to have no choice but do this.

However if foreigners (eg work permit, employment pass, etc) then no need lah. Ah long will not loan to foreigners one...

Just wondering... If the tenant isn't foreigner, why does he need to put the landlord's address on his NRIC? He can use his parent's home address on it.

When I was renting a room, I just leave my parent's home address on my NRIC like before.

Just wondering... If the tenant isn't foreigner, why does he need to put the landlord's address on his NRIC? He can use his parent's home address on it.

When I was renting a room, I just leave my parent's home address on my NRIC like before.

Officially, it is an offend for not updating the address onto IC to yr actual residential after 14 days. Police's authority giving summon to offender. Actual case.... u can stay here half a day & there half a day.

Edited by bepgof

Officially, it is an offend for not updating the address onto IC to yr actual residential after 14 days. Police's authority giving summon to offender. Actual case.... u can stay here half a day & there half a day.

Oh I see. Thanks. So police shld catch me lor :P

Edited by forgotten

some local tenants may want to use rental properties' address for p1 registration purpose, cos distance counts.

some local tenants may want to use rental properties' address for p1 registration purpose, cos distance counts.

True. Esp the famous schools!