Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

From viewing to buying.. i think it's stressful.

Sourcing for contractors, fitting.. so many things to do with so little budget.

Got my key in early Jan'10, can't do anything cos it's near CNY. Waited..

Finally, i found a contractor from a friend's recommendation.. He was good and most of all...price was good too! :P

My apartment was only 700sf.. is an old apartment. With the little budget we had, my contractor help us a lot to save cost.

Renovation started on the 15/3.. hacking done, toilet 50% done, dismantle done, so impressed!

Things we did:

Toilet (Fully Renovate)

1.6ft platform with glass panel (For open concerpt bedroom)

Change entire windows/ wrought iron grills

Fire rated main door

Kitchen wall/floor

Electrical point/switches

New Aircon

Build in Wardrobe

Kitchen, toilet door

Acid Cleaning

Contractor: Midas Interior Renovation/Ben

Door: Besglas

Wardrobe: Alumix

IMG_0240A.jpg

Edited by ywtlhc

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
From viewing to buying.. i think it's stressful.

Sourcing for contractors, fitting.. so many things to do with so little budget.

Got my key in early Jan'10, can't do anything cos it's near CNY. Waited..

Finally, i found a contractor from a friend's recommendation.. He was good and most of all...price was good too! :P

My apartment was only 700sf.. is an old apartment. With the little budget we had, my contractor help us a lot to save cost.

Renovation started on the 15/3.. hacking done, toilet 50% done, dismantle done, so impressed!

Things we did:

Toilet (Fully Renovate)

1.6ft platform with glass panel (For open concerpt bedroom)

Change entire windows/ wrought iron grills

Fire rated main door

Kitchen wall/floor

Electrical point/switches

New Aircon

Build in Wardrobe

Kitchen, toilet door

Acid Cleaning

Contractor: Midas Interior Renovation/Ben

Door: Besglas

Wardrobe: Alumix

IMG_0240A.jpg

how much did you pay? pls post pics thanks!

Hi,

Will post some photo next week as i just settle my current house issue. Just rented out my 4rm flat last sunday. New tenant will move in 1st May, so many things to do. Got to get them new matress & a waredrobe.

Will try to post asap.. hehe

Hi Hi..

Sorry for the delay. I was busy clearing my house for my new tenant to come in 1st May.

My little studio should be ready by end next week. There was some delay due to leakage pipe from the above unit. Finally settled..

Nest week, platform up, toilet accessories up, lighting up.. :D

Some photo photos to share..

BeforeAfterToilet.jpg

RMBA.jpg

RmWindow.jpg

Kitchen.jpg

My experience was terrifying. Got notice to collect my HDB studio apartment key in late Nov 2015.  Have to source to sell my 3R flat without further delay which eventually sold by 28 Jan 16. Between, a further delay by HDB in the handling over the new flat to late Dec 2015, giving me barely a month to settle in my new flat as I had to move out on the same date. High stress and time pressured to get everything ready for the big move - things like packing and getting rid of unwanted things, looking for a mover, but more importantly to get a reliable contractor to have minor alterations to the new flat. Signed up to Reno to get views for a reliable contractor and managed to get some responds from a handful of contractors. May be most contractors are only interested in bigger flats.  Further checks on their reviews gave me further headaches as many were not that problem free.  You know lah, once you signed a contract, you cannot back out. 

No way out, I started looking for more recommendations in Renotalk forum and came across a number of good reviews on UrbanDesign House which incidentally responded to my quote late  I think fate is kind to me. My thought at that moment was since the review was good and the enquiry for the job came at the right time, this could be that fate  destined the firm is to be my contractor. I do believe in fate and the ID Ms Angie Ng, is a petite sweet looking, soft spoken madam. Many of my friends advised me to choose a man rather than a lady but my feeling was otherwise because I believe female is more patience, more attentive and more devoted to their job.  OMG, Angie, she is fantastic. She carried out her responsibilities with devotion. She promised me that the flat will be ready for me before the CNY. She wasted no time getting the workers to start work the following day I signed the agreement. She took care of the design and even go to the extend of dealing with the main contractor on my behalf on the defects of my flat.

My thoughts - I could have got different contractors to attend specific jobs and might even get better bargains but I think at the end of the day the money spent though slightly higher is well spent. Above all, Angie is very caring and responsible. UrbanDesign is fortunate to have her in their foal. Thank you Angie, thank you for going that extra mile to give me that comfortable home. You earned my appraisal.

4 hours ago, cel said:

Anybody knows which studio apartment this is? Looking to buy studio also.. But they're all 400-500 sqft.

Not very sure where, but where would be the ideal location that you are looing for a house ?