Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
fencer

Reno @my Simei 4a Resale Flat

If you want to cover the gaps of the trunking of your electrical wiring, u should use those paintable silicone. For holes, use wall putty cab liao.

Hi jaskel, can ask if you know how to use the wall putty?

After replacing the door frame, the frame side is not even with the original wall.. You know if the wall putty can level it and how? or at least make it not that obvious?

4571099682_e72e09288a.jpg

4571099524_9dd085047b.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi jaskel, can ask if you know how to use the wall putty?

After replacing the door frame, the frame side is not even with the original wall.. You know if the wall putty can level it and how? or at least make it not that obvious?

4571099682_e72e09288a.jpg

4571099524_9dd085047b.jpg

For your 1st pic.....not said wall putty cant level it, it more costly and time consuming to do it....use plastering powder or white cement will be faster and easier but of course must have the right tools too.

As for the 2nd pic...did u mean the gaps in between the frames (window grille frame & the door frame)? Cant see clearly on that angle.

For your 1st pic.....not said wall putty cant level it, it more costly and time consuming to do it....use plastering powder or white cement will be faster and easier but of course must have the right tools too.

As for the 2nd pic...did u mean the gaps in between the frames (window grille frame & the door frame)? Cant see clearly on that angle.

Thanks jaskel..sorry to ask you again.

For the 1st pic, the "original" wall is slanted towards the door frame. I dun wan buy too much tools just to do this leh.. if just use wall putty, how to apply and make it less obvious? wonder if can just hack abit of the wall to make it more level.

For the 2nd pic, the dark line is just the shadow of the trunking. Same as above, the wall which the casing is on is "taller". The centre line u see bewtn trunking and door frame is the sudd drop towards then door frame..

Thanks jaskel..sorry to ask you again.

For the 1st pic, the "original" wall is slanted towards the door frame. I dun wan buy too much tools just to do this leh.. if just use wall putty, how to apply and make it less obvious? wonder if can just hack abit of the wall to make it more level.

For the 2nd pic, the dark line is just the shadow of the trunking. Same as above, the wall which the casing is on is "taller". The centre line u see bewtn trunking and door frame is the sudd drop towards then door frame..

I'm free, I go up and take a look. Anyway, got a project starting next week @ Simei...so should be quite near your place.

I'm free, I go up and take a look. Anyway, got a project starting next week @ Simei...so should be quite near your place.

Hi Jaskel, you're a contractor?

Thanks jaskel. Sorry to trouble you.. :D

i'll pm my contacts to u..

Thanks jaskel. Sorry to trouble you.. :D

i'll pm my contacts to u..

U r welcome.

Honeymoon period is over.. tink i'm just a pushover..

Last 2 weeks nothing much was done at the hse.

Yest aftern already told Henry to meet this evening to finalise what needs to be fixed before handover.

Now, Henry just called 5 mins ago. He's is at my hse and evening cannot meet. This is the 3rd or 4th time already! Can u believe it!!!

Ask me to talk to the painter myself if there is any more things to be fixed for painting. WTF! Am i the contractor?

And finalpoint is he said house is good liao.. and nothing to fix already.. if anything just drop email to him.. this is 2nd or 3rd tm liao..

Mayb i'm special again.. and this happen only to me.. but to whoever doing reno.. pls be careful..

Honeymoon period is over.. tink i'm just a pushover..

Last 2 weeks nothing much was done at the hse.

Yest aftern already told Henry to meet this evening to finalise what needs to be fixed before handover.

Now, Henry just called 5 mins ago. He's is at my hse and evening cannot meet. This is the 3rd or 4th time already! Can u believe it!!!

Ask me to talk to the painter myself if there is any more things to be fixed for painting. WTF! Am i the contractor?

And finalpoint is he said house is good liao.. and nothing to fix already.. if anything just drop email to him.. this is 2nd or 3rd tm liao..

Mayb i'm special again.. and this happen only to me.. but to whoever doing reno.. pls be careful..

I tot you already finalise what to be fix during the last meeting with him on 29 April?

U mention he’s in yr place now , perhaps he already done an inspection for you and fix whatever he feel that is wrong or whatever you ask him to rectify the last round.

He asks you to talk to the painter direct because, if there is any part that you r dissatisfy, u can rectify to yr standard then to his standard – my case of painting job , I was there to talk to the painter myself too. That’s the fastest and most effective way isn’t it ?

Don’t think you need to get so work out and use the “F” word at reno forum.

I tot you already finalise what to be fix during the last meeting with him on 29 April?

U mention he’s in yr place now , perhaps he already done an inspection for you and fix whatever he feel that is wrong or whatever you ask him to rectify the last round.

He asks you to talk to the painter direct because, if there is any part that you r dissatisfy, u can rectify to yr standard then to his standard – my case of painting job , I was there to talk to the painter myself too. That’s the fastest and most effective way isn’t it ?

Don’t think you need to get so work out and use the “F” word at reno forum.

He told his painting guys help paint the pipes instead of leaving paint for me to do it myself as i had asked. That's helpful.

End up, 1) common toilet pipe is painted but section neat the wall is not, 2) master bedrm toilet pipe not painted and looks diff color then the rest, 3) the hidden pipe at the kitchen is painted not all the way to the top and paint dripped all the way down and covered almost half of my black tiles. i asked him did he ask the 1st bad painter to come, and he said he dun know..

while cleaning the cabinates, found that 1 of the shelf is slanted coz is not cut to the correct size. and 1 door almost came out. So i wanted to meet him to fix what is needed to be fixed asap so can hand over this week.

Things that i had told him to 3 weeks ago to fix. whole piece of sticky cover for my stainless steel cover not removed yet dispite reminder every week. Windows slanted and water not flowing out, asked him more then 4 weeks ago to see.. no answer. cracked tile, leave with it. cannot change.

And i already told him my furniture is coming soon, 2 or 3 times liao.. this 2 weeks there's not much activity at the hse and small like dustbin cover not settled... and suppose to meet today for final reminder and solve all small things.. and he ask me to just email him..

yah.. my bad.. using the F word..

but I have no more patience to wait anymore.. i have spent 2 weekends cleaning up after him..

and last.. he put down the phone while i was stil speaking..

tsk tsk, am i glad he was too busy to take on my reno :)

Well.. it may only be me since no 1 had kana this before..

or that he has no experience is renovating flats that is 20 years old..