Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
fencer

Reno @my Simei 4a Resale Flat

Henry called this morning to meet up asap. He knows abt some of the comments on this forum..

Wanna ask the Henner party, he mentioned that i'm the only 1 who had negative remarks on his works..

Is this true?

Or is my expectation is too high for the amount of money i'm paying for reno? :dunno:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Henry called this morning to meet up asap. He knows abt some of the comments on this forum..

Wanna ask the Henner party, he mentioned that i'm the only 1 who had negative remarks on his works..

Is this true?

Or is my expectation is too high for the amount of money i'm paying for reno? :dunno:

maybe you can consult kiven78 abt this. I believe he is a better person to advise you.

hi fencer,

Sympathized with u, considering u paid 35k for your reno. But seriously don't think u should do the rectifying works. Cant henry rectify before handover? Tot u liaised with him and not his boss. And seriously, shouldn't the boss do more as his company's reputation is at stake? I am starting my reno works this coming May... Hopefully, my id is better equipped and proactive at offering solutions. Btw, is henry from an id-contractor firm or just pure id?

maybe you can consult kiven78 abt this. I believe he is a better person to advise you.

ok.. Thanks.. wld ask him on this..

hi fencer,

Sympathized with u, considering u paid 35k for your reno. But seriously don't think u should do the rectifying works. Cant henry rectify before handover? Tot u liaised with him and not his boss. And seriously, shouldn't the boss do more as his company's reputation is at stake? I am starting my reno works this coming May... Hopefully, my id is better equipped and proactive at offering solutions. Btw, is henry from an id-contractor firm or just pure id?

shld add 2.5k more.. coz rewiring.. so total is abt 38k..

Eh.. i assume his the boss.. coz he come to do my hse mah.. Ha.. wat he says counts mah. so i call him boss.. Ha..

His the contractor for his company loh.. his not pure ID type.. i tink lah.. not so sure..

I oledi trying to get things rectified whenever i any prob.. some things done. some not moving..

Looking on the bright side, we can sense some damage control coming your way. :)

i always believed that there are many "hidden contractors" here...haha

hope things turn out well, customer and contractor happy at the end of the day (things that happened along the way matters less...)

Looking on the bright side, we can sense some damage control coming your way. :)

hope things turn out well, customer and contractor happy at the end of the day (things that happened along the way matters less...)

Things certainly moved very fast today.. 4 piping guys was at my pl.. when i reach. Henry just reached.

Master bedrm toilet's mirror was moved to centre.

They tried to straighten the stainless steel pipe in the kitchen by using the "force". I told them to stop after 3 tries..

Cracked tile cannot be replaced coz no pl to "cut" out the tiles and would nd to redo piping.. Final option.. leave with it.

They tried to take out my basin in the common toilet to move it to centre. Good efoort but broke it. Henry would replace it..

All done in say 45 mins time.. fast huh..

Early next week would be able to take over and we can start full swing DIY..

Any1 wan to come over this weekend to look look before all traces of evidence is gone over 3 weeks time? Personally i hope it can disappear asap though.. Ha..

Can just PM me for the visit.. Ha.. FOC of coz.. :dancingqueen:

Discovered finger prints on the frosted part of my master bedroom toilet's mirror.

Can't remove even after using jeff or mama lemon.. Need to feedback again.

Rivets which caused 5 days of leak in my master bedroom.

Apparently, Mr grill used reverts insteads coz immed below the window grill is the big box for Compessor So no place to put the brackets. End up used rivert to secure the windows grills to the window frame.

4567717767_792432fdbd.jpg

4567717771_63a63acb5e.jpg

Hahaha....I'm one of them.... No 100% perfect reno but as long as both the customer and contractor are satisfy with the works done is consider a good work. Most importantly, be happy.

I think what is frustrating is that after paying them to do the job, we still have to DIY ourselves...

don't you think its like buying a burger from Mac and the staff telling you to pack the burger urself?

Anyway, for filling up gaps along the door frame, should use wall putty better or plaster better? :)

Use wall putty is you are DIY yourself. Is good enough already. Using plastering, u may not be able to mix it correctly and may made a mess out of it. Small gaps or small holes can use wall putty. Big gaps or holes need to use cement liao.

Use wall putty is you are DIY yourself. Is good enough already. Using plastering, u may not be able to mix it correctly and may made a mess out of it. Small gaps or small holes can use wall putty. Big gaps or holes need to use cement liao.

Thanks jaskel...

I bought a ready mixed one from DIY shop.. not sure is plaster or wall putty... the girl said after dry, can sand it down 1.. and is quick drying type...

Thanks jaskel...

I bought a ready mixed one from DIY shop.. not sure is plaster or wall putty... the girl said after dry, can sand it down 1.. and is quick drying type...

sounds fun...concindentally i bought wall putty for my electrician yesterday to fill up the holes and gaps. :)

hope i can "steal a bit of knowledge" from him on how to do it properly.

but since your contractor's workers are coming down to rectify, can ask them to help you mah, since they are already there..? Reasonably good effort by contractor to make amends. :P

Thanks jaskel...

What u brought should be wall putty, cos if plastering powder, u got to mix yourself.

sounds fun...concindentally i bought wall putty for my electrician yesterday to fill up the holes and gaps. :)

but since your contractor's workers are coming down to rectify, can ask them to help you mah, since they are already there..? Reasonably good effort by contractor to make amends. :P

If you want to cover the gaps of the trunking of your electrical wiring, u should use those paintable silicone. For holes, use wall putty cab liao.

Share the "knowledge" when u get it leh.. Ha.. i tried abit just now.. dry too quickly.. and rough leh..

Dun know how to apply properly to make it more smooth..

Hmm.. better not lah.. they do piping trained...

then again, how did they get the pipes crooked in the 1st pl?? At least, after they gave the "force", it's no that obvious oledi.

If ask them to help and they screw it up, how? Ha.. time is the essence now...