Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
miki16

Glass Backing For Kitchen Cabinet Backing

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I have not really come across anyone's tempered glass backing crack because of heat issues, though there are several glass hob shattering cases. If you're doubtful, can always use stainless steel backing, it looks quite good also. :)

Hi

Based on my understanding as long as the tempered glass is around 6mm thickess, it should not cause any problem with heat. Classic furniture quote me with 6mm tempered glass. Unless someone knock it with hammer :P Do take note those power socket need to be cut in advance by the factory before installation.

Edited by dbkungfu

Hi

Based on my understanding as long as the tempered glass is around 6mm thickess, it should not cause any problem with heat. Classic furniture quote me with 6mm tempered glass. Unless someone knock it with hammer :P Do take note those power socket need to be cut in advance by the factory before installation.

eh means if i wanna mount those racks/ hooks all tt, i oso need to let the contractor noe early to drill those holes in factory??

eh means if i wanna mount those racks/ hooks all tt, i oso need to let the contractor noe early to drill those holes in factory??

yup, u need to do that, meaning decide on where exactly where to put them. Those ID I talked to so far, remind me several times on this needs. Some even advise me to make thing easier, simply have the backsplash covers until below the socket & the remains just laminate. But I find it will look ugly. Still in planning stage.

Edited by dbkungfu

Tempered glass will shatter into many small pieces instead of a few big pieces - to avoid shattering you need to ensure the glass surface is NOT scratched.

My black glass backsplash is now 2 yrs since installation - and no problem so far. See the installation photos

Hi all,

Will the glass break easily when subjected to heat from the cooking?

Tempered glass will shatter into many small pieces instead of a few big pieces - to avoid shattering you need to ensure the glass surface is NOT scratched.

My black glass backsplash is now 2 yrs since installation - and no problem so far. See the installation photos

I think if use on a regular basis surely no problem. Dun go take a hammer and knock la. confirm break one ma =) :D

I think if use on a regular basis surely no problem. Dun go take a hammer and knock la. confirm break one ma =) :D

Yes, agreed.

Be sensible. That's not-so-obvious, right? :good: hahaha

will laminated glass break easily since near fire?

Its wouldnt break easily, and in an event that it really breaks, its shattered proof. So at least no ones get hurt by the glass.

Cheers!!